bonos cologne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohh Good idea. I love that candle. I'll think that I'll buy a couple and light them and dream away.

CMM said:
Bvlgari Blv or Black (heard he doesn't wear Blv so much anymore as Black)
Dior's Dune
Dolce & Gab

You can get vials of trial samples for Bulgari BLV and Black, as well as Dune, at Sephora. I just got some of the Black and Dune last weekend. :whistle:

Cool beans baby

Bono Mot said:

You can get vials of trial samples for Bulgari BLV and Black, as well as Dune, at Sephora. I just got some of the Black and Dune last weekend. :whistle:

*runs to department store
:wink:

Anyone in the U.K can get Bulgari blu at Dingles, £28 and £35, will be getting some for my birthday in a couple of weeks, Havent even smelt it yet, just going on comments.

:hyper:
YAY!

I might be a part of a foreign exchange program.... guess what country....

Italy!!!! :drool: the land of Bvlgari and Armani...

:shifty: I *might* get some perfume.. just... for me..... hee hee!

Remember, what you smell out of the bottle will smell different when it mixes with his body chemistry,so we won't really know how it smells on him for sure. Only those who have gone on stage and got a wiff would know and could tell us if it was close to the out of bottle scent.

bonocomet said:
^ :lol: zoobeatle I thought for sure you were going to ask if anyone knew what kind of cologne Edge wears!

:lmao: When i find out what the Edge wears Bonocomet ill buy his cologne too and what i put on will depend on if im in a Bono or Edge mood.:bono: or:edge:

Hidy said:
Remember, what you smell out of the bottle will smell different when it mixes with his body chemistry,so we won't really know how it smells on him for sure. Only those who have gone on stage and got a wiff would know and could tell us if it was close to the out of bottle scent.

:sad: did you have to spoil the moment??? *sob*

:wink: I know that... and I know without the Bonosweat it won't be the same either....

but still... it's a nice indication no? :shifty:

Hidy said:

Ill sing to 20+ U2 songs with a long speech at some point in, in a room with a jacket on with as many lights on as possible, dance with my wife during one song and ask her how i smell.

Galeongirl said:

:sad: did you have to spoil the moment??? *sob*

:wink: I know that... and I know without the Bonosweat it won't be the same either....

but still... it's a nice indication no? :shifty:

Why do some people have to burst others bubbles?

zoobeatle said:

Ill sing to 20+ U2 songs with a long speech at some point in, in a room with a jacket on with as many lights on as possible, dance with my wife during one song and ask her how i smell.

:lol:

(Don't forget to take a lap or two around the house, roll around on the floor, and put on a blindfold and crawl around on the ground for a while... :shifty: )

I was just in Bed Bath & Beyond and they have that Yankee candle there. I opened and smelled it. It's heavenly. I didn't buy it though. I will tomorrow. The funny thing is I use Dune by Dior and my hubby uses Dolce & Gabbana! I love this thread!!!:heart: :heart: :hug:

bonocomet said:

(Don't forget to take a lap or two around the house, roll around on the floor, and put on a blindfold and crawl around on the ground for a while... :shifty: )

I'm rolling on the floor . :laugh:

Nuala said:
The brand of candle is Yankee Candle, that particular scent is called Midsummer's Night. I am a Yankee Candle fanatic, I have tons of different scents from them. :happy:

Yankee Candles are the best. :yes: My parents and sister have bunches of them. My boyfriend hates candles though, so I don't buy any. :mad: His aunt did give me a big Fruit Smoothie jar candle for Christmas though...so I burn that. :D

bonocomet said:

lol, forgot that bit.

JCOSTER said:

Why do some people have to burst others bubbles?

Sorry Sorry , didn't mean to do that, I would just love to know how it would really smell on HIM. This reminded me of how Chanel number 5 smells on me vs my sister. When I wear it, it smells like berries,but when she wears it, it smells too strong and sharp on her.
A thousand pardons guys, that wasn't my true intention(Bursting Bubbles) At least we will know what scent he does go for though!!!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Ok about the candle, it smells like Bono's JT leather vest, not necessarily his cologne. The candle thing started when this person I used to chat with was telling me about her U2 stuff and how she had one of Bono's JT leather vests and she said it smelled just like the candle.

In 2002, I got some of Bono's lotion on my hands and it smelled WAY better than the candle. :yes:

More likely, Bono's changed colognes over the years. As a man, I know I haven't used the same cologne.

Cologne or fragrant aftershave is really about what work's with a man's body chemistry. In the 80's, I wore this cheap "Fresh Scent Old Spice". This is NOT regular Old Spice (my father wore that for years - I never liked that scent on him, just didn't work). But the Fresh Scent version worked with me - I received tons of sincere compliments. So this cheap $3 aftershave did the trick (for a while). It just worked with my body chemistry (does this mean I have a cheap body? :hmm: )

I've also used slighly more expensive items, like Drakkar and Polo, before they became ridiculously overused. Drakkar, fortunately, isn't quite the hit anymore. It's very subtle on me, which is what a cologne should be. I may go back to it.

Today's young men are dousing themselves in body spray. I use them too - nothing wrong with keeping a fresh scent after a shower. But they must use half the can at once! This is overuse and it doesn't work. The sprays overpower them and they stink.

I've never been close to Bono (not an ambition of mine... :sexywink: ) but I'm sure he's learned how to use cologne and what type to use that works well with his natural odors. From what I'm reading here, he's found it. Now, for you ladies with men, teach them the same thing. ;) Oh, and the same is true for some women. What smells great in a bottle may not smell great on you.

Last edited:
I agree that todays men (esp younger men) use WAY too much aftershave/cologne.... it smells bad... when I walked around school, we always avoided the halls of the PE classes... to avoid the bad smell of Axe deodoratn...

oh and they think it's funny to set their deo on fire aswell.... till they get the firefighters bill :lol: then WE think it's funny!

not that all men are like that... but the 'popular' guys are mostly...

Ah, yes, the evils of Too Much Cologne. I literally see stars sometimes. I have bad sinuses, and can't smell much. But I can tell when too much cologne is being used.

Am I the only wierdo female whose body chemistry works better with men's cologne than women's, in general (barring stuff like the various types of spices and musk oils that are about now)?

Women's perfume just doens't work on me, and I don't quite know why.

Hidy said:

Sorry Sorry , didn't mean to do that, I would just love to know how it would really smell on HIM. This reminded me of how Chanel number 5 smells on me vs my sister. When I wear it, it smells like berries,but when she wears it, it smells too strong and sharp on her.
A thousand pardons guys, that wasn't my true intention(Bursting Bubbles) At least we will know what scent he does go for though!!!

No problem :wink:

Back
Top Bottom