Bono's calling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
I don't think this was posted yet, it is an article from the washington post. I was amused that
A) he has his own office (unless I misread)
B) he sings while going potty

PH2007112501538.jpg

Bono's Calling
The Irish Rocker Has a Mission: To Fight Poverty, and Enlist the Powerful in the Battle

By Sridhar Pappu
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, November 26, 2007; Page C01

Bono sweeps into the bathroom that sits outside his downtown lobbying office, which is his base of operation when he comes to Washington every so often to try to save Africa.

He's dressed in black denim, his 5-7 height boosted by a pair of brothel creepers -- the rockabilly footwear in fashion about the time that Elvis recorded "Blue Suede Shoes."
He suddenly starts belting out the opening lines of "I Want to Hold Your Hand."

"Oh yeah, I'll tell you something," he sings before walking to the far stall, "I think you'll understand."

After a few moments, the reporter who's also in the bathroom shouts, "What's up with the Beatles?"

"The Beatles are it," Bono yells before walking to the sink. "There's a really good movie you should see. It's called 'Across the Universe' and it's made by Julie Taymor, who's a card-carrying genius. I'm in it briefly," he says of the musical set to Beatles songs. "It's this fantastic, moving thing."

Bono has spoken!

He's delivered a forceful recommendation, verging on a directive. There's a hint of urgency. We want to rush out and do what he says.

Maybe this is how he does it.

Maybe this is how he gets legislators and heads of state and titans of industry together, and gets them to offer up billions in debt relief to help lift Africa out of poverty.

He dazzles them in telling them what to do, and they do it.
Full article here

Thanks to Laura for passing the word!

Thanks for that! I read the article a couple of days ago, great read. The picture is so hot. And I'm not at all surprised that Bono is singing while having his potty break. Just imagine being in the same bathroom ...

last unicorn said:
Thanks for that! I read the article a couple of days ago, great read. The picture is so hot. And I'm not at all surprised that Bono is singing while having his potty break. Just imagine being in the same bathroom ...

It's coz of the echo....:wink:

Thanks for the article! :up: Bono in black denim.....:drool: :drool:

:flirt:

I was at this deli on monday waiting in line to order and they have a table off to the side that has magazines, and the daily newspaper (wash. post) so as I walk by I see a very 'familiar' face staring at me from the left and BANG.. it's Bono staring at me from the table :D :giggle: So, I immediately pick up the style section with him on it and proceed to read and confiscate that section of the paper for bonosapian research :macdevil: muhahaha!

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:

:shifty: and don't we know another one who fits that title perfectly :wink:

:yes: And my friend and I started saying edge-actly when we were, like, 13! Speaking of dorks... :reject:

I like that part in the article that goes, "We want to rush out and do what he says." It's so true! :giggle:

FYI - Bono's "downtown lobbying office" is the office of DATA which is on the same floor and in the same building as ONE is located (they're the only two offices on the floor) in Washington DC.

I was at their offices on 25 September for several meetings with there and while on my way to visit the Women's restroom there I was fortunate to have passed by the Men's restroom there. :sexywink:

Typo - "I was at their offices on 25 September for several meetings with them and while on my way to visit the Women's restroom there I was fortunate to have passed by the Men's restroom there."

I think I got a bit carried away with the imagery of the B-man in a restroom. :hyper:

I thought that people would smile at that imagery, Rosebud.

It's ok to have some fun every once in awhile. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

:bono: :love: :hug: :yippie:

They should at least donate the money, if you buy it.
and i so would LOVE to buy it. :drool: I would like a 400 thread count sheet made out of it.

Jamila said:
FYI - Bono's "downtown lobbying office" is the office of DATA which is on the same floor and in the same building as ONE is located (they're the only two offices on the floor) in Washington DC.

I was at their offices on 25 September for several meetings with there and while on my way to visit the Women's restroom there I was fortunate to have passed by the Men's restroom there. :sexywink:

That's great that you were so close to a Bono-piddle. That must have made you feel tremendously elevated.:yes:

biff said:

That's great that you were so close to a Bono-piddle. That must have made you feel tremendously elevated.:yes:

to be so close to where the B-man peed, how fortunate... I'd feel completely overwhelmed and lucky! :yes:

Rosebud said:
:lol:

...I think I would've hid out in there and waited for him...

Just kidding!

...:shifty:

Thanks Rosebud for maintaining a happy heart and a sense of humor - those are really necessary survival skills in this world. :wink:

To be quite honest, the meetings that I attended at these offices for a venture that I am involved with for Africa with allies of both these organizations were much more important to me than the anything else.

Let's try to stay positive in this thread. I'm sure that the B-man himself would ask the same of us. There's no reason to be rude..... :bonodrum: :hi5:

Back
Top Bottom