Bono's Brother?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yolland said:

Yes but on the other hand, he is able to draw upon a kind of idealized and inspired memory of who she was, and that has its own rewards. My father died suddenly on my 16th birthday, and while I often feel sad that he never lived to see his children bloom into adults, nor his beautiful grandchildren, he is remembered by all of us with a kind of unqualified affection that in truth wouldn't have been possible...B]

true that. when asked about her, he says "I dont remember my mother much, we never talked about her after she died." so in his heart, he prolly has an idealized relationship that is at least one aspect of his life he doesn't want shared with the rest of the world since its sacred to him.

Back to the topic at hand.

c7066db8.jpg

Bono definitly looks like his mother and his brother resembles his father more. It makes me sad to see pictures if his mother because she died when he was so young.:sad: :sad:

Somehow, I do have a feeling she is looking after him from up there *points up*... and I bet she's proud of him, just like we all are!

Yeah, I think so,too. It may sound strange to some of you but I think that if beloved people die, they are in some way, still around us. And since Bono is also a very spiritual person.... I guess (and hope) he shares this kind of thinking.

I think Bono looks more like his father. Bono’s chin looks exactly like Bob Hewson’s.

BonosParents-Bob.JPG
BonosParents-IrisBob.JPG

Scanned from Eamon Dunphy’s nook (The Unforgettable Fire)

Nah... no offense meant whatsoever to his bro, but Bono is much more handsome... he's just got a completely different facial bone structure, or something....

I think that Norman has that "traditional" Irish look. Bono has his mother's nose and dyes his hair, and it makes him look a little less "Irish" if you know what I mean. Then again I could be way off, lol

Yes, he did get more of his moms look then bro did, however Bono also looks amazingly like dad too. However I've always felt that B. has some feminine characteristics to his face too and bro didn't get that at all. Probably why B. looks so great in drag! Ha! But the weirdest thing is that when he is in drag, I don't think he looks feminine at all! Totally mascaline. Ok does that make sense? No right? ok sorry... it all makes sense in my mind.... but probably not anywhere else.... rambling.... goodbye! :D

bonocomet said:
Yes, he did get more of his moms look then bro did, however Bono also looks amazingly like dad too. However I've always felt that B. has some feminine characteristics to his face too and bro didn't get that at all. Probably why B. looks so great in drag! Ha! But the weirdest thing is that when he is in drag, I don't think he looks feminine at all! Totally mascaline. Ok does that make sense? No right? ok sorry... it all makes sense in my mind.... but probably not anywhere else.... rambling.... goodbye! :D

No, no, I know exactly what you mean! He just exudes masculinity and it is heightened when he is dressed like a woman...hmm, I see what you mean. This is hard to put into words!! :lol: All that matters is we know what we mean in our heads :wink: Also, Bono looks really really hot when he's in drag :ohmy: :whistle: :shifty:

:drool: I try and explain this to my friends but they look at me like :eyebrow: and I just have to leave them like that. It takes certain people to understand the strangeness of our nature :wink:

So true.... I have a friend who loves B. but hates him in drag. She doesn't get it either! And you're right... trying to explain that I think he looks masculine in makeup and a dress just gets me nowhere! But WE understand at least! Yay!! glad I'm not the only strange one! heehee!! :D

And by the way.... Larry.... also hot in drag. :shifty:

iconbonolarrytonguesapphires13.png

(sorry Sting! I'll be good now)

Last edited:
At least you have a friend who loves him!! I only have one who is kinda into U2 because of me, but all of the my other friends don't really care for them. I had the one who kinda likes them watch the "One" documentary from the Best of 90-00 DVD (I think that's what it was) and she was intrigued by the drag (but obviously not as much as me :wink: ). I always like to be reassured that I'm not the only one like myself! Wooh! :D

OK, I'm scared now, I was seriously going to bring up Larry being hot in drag, but I didn't want to just in case you didn't see it the same way. I LOVE that picture....:drool: I think our minds are connected in some wacky way :hmm: :lol:

yes you do....

It's incredible! (napolean dynamite voice :wink: )

best $ I ever spent on U2 stuff

(not counting concert tix!)

seriously, i thought i was the only one who thought him in drag looked sexy!! i even posted this on another thread. its hard to explain, that bono in drag to me looks really masculine and sexy... its like he is confident of being a man that he can carry off a womans outfit with ease.

Back
Top Bottom