Bono's Birthday! Give the Gift of "U2 O"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dianey

The Fly
Just a reminder that the 2nd annual drive to build wells for Bono's Birthday
continues. Because of your generosity, as of April 15th more than $4,000 has
been raised. Our goal this year is $15,000 so if you have not contributed
yet, it's not too late to do so. Your contribution, at any level, will make
a significant difference in the lives of many Africans.

Many of us feel that Bono and U2 have made a significant difference in our
lives through their music. While we can not pay them back, we can pay it
forward. A donation to the African Well Fund is a wonderful way to acknowledge and honor
Bono's activism on behalf of Africa. After donating, don't forget to visit
our website and sign our birthday card to Bono which will be delivered to
Bono along with a certificate recording the total amount raised. You may
also read the thank you note from Bono for last year's gift!

Make it a Beautiful Day in Africa!

We're up to 5,000 now and this is the last full week to do it. Let's go out with a bang!

Just so you know, it is more costly to build wells and improve springs in Ethiopia than it was in Uganda. So the more donations received, the more people we can help.

Yes, please let's make this a birthday tradition for Bono. :heart:

It really is easy to donate by electronic means or by mail. :yes:

Final 3 days!!!

It's still not too late to donate!

Well it's never too late to donate, AWF accepts donations year round, but if you would like your donation to be included in the Bono Birthday total, online or phone donations must be made by April 30th. Mail donations will be tabulated through May 7th and the grand total will be announced on May 10th.

After donating, don't forget to sign the birthday card on our site. It will be available through April 30th. The card along with an acknowledgement of the total amount raised in his honor, will be delivered to Bono.

This year, donations are going to Ethiopia. Check out DATA's website for some interesting insight into the value of clean water there.

I just made my (if small college student size) contribution! Happy Birthday, Bono!

In case anyone has any worries about donation via electronic mail, don't worry. I've been contributing regularly since Bono's birthday last year and have not had any problems , at all. I even received a personal letter for this years birthday campaign. :up: This is a great organization and of course, a very worthy cause.. :heart:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom