Bono's beauty in Baltimore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I feel very depressed about the lack of U2 on the concert tonight, though I wasn't totally shocked like the rest of you were because I was at last night's show and had heard the rumor that Bono told people he was signing autographs for that he wouldn't be able to go to the concert. I didn't believe it, rumors happen, but being negative deep down in was in the back of my mind and I wouldn't really believe I'd see them until they showed up.

So I just want to take time to tell everyone how BEAU2IFUL Bono was in the spotlight last night. I didn't get to see Larry or Adam close up but I did Bono and Edge, and that's fine because they are my favorites. The bullfight was glorious! They both looked so young in the face! The lights were glowing on their slightly sweaty faces, and the lights were glittering in their eyes!

I tell you one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life was after UTEOTW, just as NYD was kicking in, Bono reached up and took off his shades. His head was bent down and his eyes were closed. Then, in a quick jerking movement, he raised his head, turned it to the right, and his eyes flashed open, blinked, and looked around and a smile slowly crept across his face. The lights were sparking in the bright baby blues and he had a look in them and on his face as if he had just gotten his sight back after being blind for a long time. They were BEAUTIFUL!! His whole face was! He looked so young and pretty. The man has got to have the most gorgeous, intense and expressive eyes in the world, and it's a shame he hides them behind the shades so much. Maybe the fact that he does makes us apprecitate it more when he does show them to us. I don't know if the way he took them off was an act or a natural reaction, but it was incredibly precious. His face was smooth and soft and his smile was so sweet. His dark hair was glistening under the lights too. How sexy he looked as he slowly ran his hands back through it!

As he sang the acoustic numbers with Edge, his eyes were narrowed and intense and staring directly into Edge's. I could see the light in both sets of eyes as they stared at each other. As Bono moved his mouth when he sang, some of the faces he made looked for all the world like he did at Live Aid, Red Rocks, and other times long past. It's hard to believe sometimes that this is the same guy, and that he's been there through so much and he's still there, bringing us his message, his love, his heart and his very soul.

Unfortunately, though he glanced my way several time, I don't think I ever made the much desired eye contact with him. It almost seemed as though every time it was about to happen, he averted his eyes up to the heights, like he had a different purpose that night. I don't think he really looked at anyone, except the guy he pulled up to play guitar and the girl whose American flag he buried his face in. She was so excited, jumping up and down with the biggest smile her mouth could create. I cheered with her, happy for her moment. He tenderly held our flag in his hands, and after he gently put it to his face he cradled it with all the care he uses for his own Irish tricolor as he returned it to its owner. There were 3 or 4 tricolors in the crowd during SBS but Bono ignored them all this time. I think it was not in the spirit of the moment because on this night, on this tour, he wanted to give the song to us, the US crowd, because we had suffered something devastating, as the Irish people have felt before. Bono made a comment that they were proud to be touring the US at this time. Before Please, he said it was a song about political fanatics and how they were small men who wanted to create God in their image and fit him into what they wanted him to be for their own purposes. His What's Going On was so filled with feeling. He changed the words to New York almost completely! He took off his jacket, turned it wrongside out to reveal it was lining was the American flag, and showed it to us with a kind look in his eyes and a small but darling grin on his face. He through it over his shoulder, stared out into the crowd, turned and walked slowly back to the main stage.

The lucky guy who was pulled to play guitar on Knock Knock Knocking On Heaven's Door was
very good, he was thrilled as he was taken not only up on the heart but to the main stage to play as a member of the band!! He did a good job, and he was so excited. Bono changed part of the song to say 'a man in a crowd had a dream, and it showed on his face' or something like that. The guy was overcome and appeared to be hyperventilating as he returned to the crowd. How lucky and how cool was that! Good for you, dude! No girl was taken up, this was not a night for "Bono please remove your pants" shirts. Not only was his father in law in the audience (he made an endearing speech to him early in the show) the mood was not right, it was a night for something else.

Tenderly, lovingly, and with all the heartfelt emotion a band could feel for their fans, after many comments and speeches, Bono and U2 bid us goodnight. For several minutes after they were gone, even after the roadies had come to take the gear away, the crowd remained, still resounding the last of the Hallelujah's from Walk On.
I knew something had happened there that night, something that would not easily leave any of us. I know it will never leave me.

I have a few pics, when I get them scanned I want to post them. If anyone else has anything to say about this show or any pics please post here.
Thank you.

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage!http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 10-20-2001).]

WOW! What a great piece you've written. Your emotion from the experience shines through, kitten. Thanks for sharing it with us.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Thanks for heartfelt description of the show U2kitten......
I had planned to be watching t.v. all night but since the boys are'nt going to be on there I figured I'd check out PLEBA real quick....
What a nice surprise to read a review of the Baltimore show that made me feel like I was there too....
smile.gif

That's a great story!

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's accounts here this time around
smile.gif
I cant wait for Providence!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

I started a thread similar to this one this morning, but since it was slippy, I thought I would copy my concert review in here to share with U2Kitten!

"Oh my gosh girls!!! I didn't think anything could top the DC show I saw this summer, but last night was all that and more!!! I am still reeling! Edge was in fine form! (Playing-wise AND cute arse-wise) Bono's voice was soaring last night, and he seemed to be genuinly having fun! They were all smiles at certain points in the evening! Even Mister "I'm really scarey" Larry, cracked the pearlies throughout the evening! Did I mention I had fun? The only lowlight of the evening, was that Someone in Garbage was sick, so they didn't open, some local band did, and they only did like 5 songs, so U2 came on earlier, which turned into a plus I guess!!! OH MY GOSH! I almost forgot! I saw that Bono impersonator guy in line, the one that has threads in here occasionally!!! I didn't have my camera loaded when we walked by, and he was waaaaaaay around the block from us so I didn't get a picture, but I was laughing at the fact that I actually saw him in real life. Well anyway, as I mentioned to a few of you before, I took my friend Felicia with me, and she is not a U2 fan. It's not that she doesn't like them, it's just not her type of music, but she decided to be a good friend and go with me so I could see my boys! YEAH FELICIA!!! I was worried she wouldn't have fun, and I got really worried when we were standing in line and she was like "Besides the Scalpers I am the only black person here!" But then she laughed, so I breathed a sigh of relief! Well when we got in no one seemed to be in a hurry to get to the floor, this seemed odd to me, becasue in DC when they opened the door it was a mad dash to get to the stage, so I decided to buy my T-Shirt before the concert, since there wasn't a line. When we finally did get to the floor, I was suprised to see that we were only five back from the tip of the heart! It was a totally different vibe from the DC show, in DC everyone was jockeying for position, but in B-More, people were just kind of milling about. Well Felicia and I got our spots and quicly made friends with those around us. I was wowing all of our new aqauintances with my U2 knowledge, and I was hoping to meet a fellow interferencer, but alas, no such luck! This really hot guy in fornt of me was getting antsy, and he was like, "When will they come out?" and I told him after they play SGT. Pepper, he looked at me funny, like "Yeah Right" but boy was he suprised when the first strains of Elevation came on!!! Anyway I am rambling...sorry. I don't know the setlist, I ws too excited to keep track, but they did play "Please" which is like my favorite song!!! I completely freaked when it came on!!! Oh and now they do this really cool thing at the end of "Pride" where they actually play a snippet of MLK's "I have a dream" speech! Very cool!!! One guy was holding up a sign in front of me that said "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" and listed the chords, and Bono called him up on stage, and had him play!!! He even got to sing!!! I have been to concerts where fans get up on stage, but I have never seen a crowd be so supportive of that fan!!! It was awesome!!! We were so loud for him, you would have thought it was like Bono had said "Here's Bob, he'll be joining the band" It was great! Felicia leaned over after that and said "He should just kill himself now, becasue it doesn't get any better than that!" She was really getting into the concert by this point! I was so excited for her! Well, I would like to write more, but I have to go for now! I am sure oter Baltimore fans can add to this! Come on Girls! We can help eachother remember the night by adding to this thread!"

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

Thanks for reading my story people. Thanks for telling yours too Fishy!

I forgot to mention the GA line- it was so nice! Everyone was very friendly and courteous! We saved each other's spots, even for an hour at a time. When the line moved up, we defended our positions together and made references to the passengers who took over the plane saying if anyone tried to cut the line, we'd all grab them, wrap them up in a blanket and sit on them! Even as we were going in, we were very careful not to cut each other, everyone was unbelievably nice about who was where. As the line speeded up and some got ahead of others, people would grab them and put them back ahead, saying, 'no, you were ahead of me.' We were a team who worked together until the end. Though we all ended up in different spots of our own choosing, it was an honor to spend the day with those people and I'm sure they all had a great time and I hope we meet again.

Mona- I wish you could have come. I was thinking about you when Bono was standing in front of me squeezing the ends of his sleeves with the tips of his soft, shiny little pink fingers! He was so sweet. He was also a hot tamale!

Oh yeah Fishy- I saw Bono's clone too! *DROOL* what a hottie! Beautiful hair, cool sunglasses, he looked, walked and moved like Bono! Everytime he crossed the street someone would say 'there goes Bono.' He is a fine specimen! He was in the heart for the show, I hope Bono saw him!

Did you see the MacPhisto girl in the GA line? I missed my chance to get her pic because my camera was in the car when I saw her. Later I could see her horns in the heart, and she was still hamming it up and doing her hand motions! She said she got the outfit and boots off ebay and stripped the color and redyed them gold herself. Her face was painted and her hair was dark and slicked back. She was a cool character.

Hey Kitty-Cat!
Sorry, I'm being silly, it's toooo early...but work calls...anyway...(could I use anymore elipses?)

I did see the MacPhisto look-alike! My friend Felicia was like "Hey there's that Big Mac Guy" I was laughing at that! You know you can get a cheap MacPhisto costume if you search for an Elvis costume on the internet! I found an awesome one, for like 30 bucks! Not bad...

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
and

Fishy you have a MacPhisto suit? Cool! Maybe you can post your pic in it sometime! That girl said hers cost about $150 and then she had to strip the color and redo it so it must have been more. A guy in line wanted her to make him one and she said she would have to charge too much.

Hey- did you see what t-shirt Bono had on under his jacket? The only time I saw it was when he took off his jacket and showed the flag and walked back, and it was so touching I didn't pay attention to his shirt at the time. When he was on the main stage he was too far away. I think it was solid black, what do you say? Weren't Edge's pants cool, with those gold shiny strips down the side?

Sorry I wasn't clear, I don't have a Macphisto costume, I just saw where you can get one. But it would be cool to have somewhere I could go this year as MacPhisto, but alas, since I moved, I don't have any friends who throw slammin' halloween parties!
frown.gif
Oh well! I totally dug Edge's pants, but I couldn't see Bono's shirt, as I said before I was surrounded by tall people, so I couldn't see much, unless it was on the screens above the stage!

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
and

Though nothing will ever top the 2 DC shows for me because of my special Bono moments, the show in Baltimore was a powerful performance and a night to remember. I loved it and I was so glad to be there. I had a good spot and I got to see lots of Bono, he was gorgeous! So was Tony! I have my pic with him, I'll have to get it scanned and post it later! Tony is even more beautiful and Bonolike than he was in June!

Bono, and all the guys gave us a lot and it was a gift. Bono's voice was as beautiful as his looks! What a night! Great show!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 10-21-2001).]

Baltimore was my 1st U2 concert. I came in with really high expectations, and still I was totally blown away! I was 3 people back in the heart right in front of Adam (sign me up for Sparkyholics!) and I think he smiled at me but I'm not sure. Bono was incredibly hot. It drives me crazy when he's all sweaty *impure thoughts* I loved it when he drop-kicked his glass of water into the heart. The crowd was awesome, and the band seemed like they were having a great time. And when Bono mentioned how his father passed away, the whole arena was absolutely silent. It was incredible.

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Hey Sherry Darling! Where are you, come tell your story!

LOL-- didn't see this down here until now, but thanks for thinking of me. No real speical stories...just a great nite with a better view than I'd hoped for of my favorite band. Amazing show, wasn't it? I was particulary blown away by that SET LIST! WOWOWOW! Out of Control, Please, Kite, Stuck, Bullet? Still Haven't Found? I couldn't have asked for more, except maybe Bad or Trip Through Your Wires.
wink.gif

I do have one funny post-show story. So there was this traffic cop, this really tuff broad-- think Ross on Night Court. She had it *under control.* This a$$hole walks out in front of the traffic she's directing out of the parking garage, and she yells out, "Move it, a$$hole!" LMAO. People actually started clapping.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by BittersweetGirl:
Baltimore was my 1st U2 concert. I came in with really high expectations, and still I was totally blown away! I was 3 people back in the heart right in front of Adam (sign me up for Sparkyholics!) and I think he smiled at me but I'm not sure. Bono was incredibly hot. It drives me crazy when he's all sweaty *impure thoughts*

aaaaayiiyiiyiiyiyi!!!!!!! that was my Xena Warrior Princess battle cry. lol I'm just jealous is all.
smile.gif
I'm glad you (and everyone else who went *sniff*) had a good time!!!!

You are no longer an Elevation Virgin! *trumpets*

I congratulate you from the bottom of my leather-panted Gypsy heart *salute*
3326%3A34723232%7Ffp39%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A87%3D727%3DXROQDF%3E2323266959544ot1lsi

If anyone has pics from any show, make sure you post 'em!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
block champ at Nintendo
queen of innuendo

DREAM OUT LOUD

I am now proud to post my very first pics of my own taking- from the Baltimore show, the pic of Bono burying his face in the American flag. It belonged to a girl named Cathy and she was so happy, it was a wonderful moment! You could feel the energy!
ET93463.jpg

This is when he took off his jacket and smiled and looked at us, then turned it wrongside out and walked away with the flag part slung over his shoulder. He was showing us his love. It was very touching.
F284422.jpg

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

3481-2.jpg

Here's a pic I found of Bono taking off his shades in Baltimore. Sure wish I had some of hte rest of that scene, he was beautiful!

those are great pics!!!
smile.gif
i found another picture online of when he buried his face in the flag. it's so emotional and i wasn't even there.

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Hey Otto's brother is also a great photographer! this is one from Baltimore

U2_2001-10-19_096.JPG

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Originally posted by madonna's child:
those are great pics!!!
smile.gif
i found another picture online of when he buried his face in the flag. it's so emotional and i wasn't even there.

[/QUOTE

Was it on the mailing lists? The girl who owned the flag wanted a pic, and a guy tried to pass off Hayley's (ZOOgrl's) pic from Hamilton as Baltimore! Here is Hayley's pic taken in Hamilton:
G530834.jpg

Here is the pic he tried to pass off as new from Baltimore, it's obviously Hayley's with the bottom with her name blacked out!
Qb63579.jpg

I knew it was not the Baltimore girl's flag and told her so. Not only is it clearly the same Hamilton pic, more evidence: Bono's hair. Being a big fan of Bono's hair I pay a lot of attention to it and I noticed he cut it between the Canadian and Chicago shows, as seen in this Chicago pic by Sad Eyed Lady, it's different than it was in Hamilton:
gK55493.jpg

Here is the pic I took of the flag pose again, if anyone has any more from Baltimore I would love to see it, and so would the girl whose flag it was! Please post it!
ET69789.jpg

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

7z64923.jpg

I found this one of Bono meeting fans before the show, which I missed out on
frown.gif
Did any of you other girls see him?

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:
tongue.gif
psstttt: Uh, Bono, it's still 2001.