bono's and edge's kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Babydoll said:
hahaha, me - bono's "type" :D that does make me feel good.... but alas, bono pulling me up seems to be an unrealized dream now, i do wonder if they will ever tour again... :(

thanks so much for the compliment tho! :hug:

If they ever tour again?????? Yes they will!!!! and why would that be an unrealized dream?

sami0201 said:

I know Elijah's middle names come from Bono's dad, Guggi, and I think the Q is Quincy Jones? Not sure.

I always assumed Memphis was for MLK :hmm:

Then I heard an interview where Bono said that John was a family name on Ali's side and the name of a good friend, and of course the historical reference (I'm pretty sure that's what he said)Or maybe they just like the names :shrug: :laugh:

jordan, is named after this irish boxer, who bono is a friend/fan of. i just googled all this right now :)

criscruz said:
Bono, Ali and John
comJohn.jpg

Bono, Jordan and Eve
cef2d560.jpg

The other person in the second pic with (Memphis) Eve and Bono is Catriona, Bono's Personal Assistant.

Eli's full name is Elijah Bob Patricius Guggi Q.

Then there is John Abraham.

I hope this helps. :sexywink:

JCOSTER said:

If they ever tour again?????? Yes they will!!!! and why would that be an unrealized dream?

i sure do hope they tour again! and they do it when i can afford to buy a ticket and am not just a student. if they do, i will... jump on stage. :evil:

*can see the pictures/headlines... 'psychotic u2 fan eludes security and jumps on stage on top of Bono, making him fall down, show stopped, girl sent to psychiatric ward".*

:lol: yes they need to tour again!! i hope they do.

Babydoll said:

thank you, thank you. i appreciate that, i need a blushing smiley now... :) :hug: back to you!

No problem! Oh, and by the way, I'll volunteer myself to help you with your jumping on stage :D I really hope they tour again too

I know how you feel. I want Bono to pull me up to, but I don't think it will ever happen. I have always wanted to meet him and that hasn't happened either.

Jamila said:

The other person in the second pic with (Memphis) Eve and Bono is Catriona, Bono's Personal Assistant.

Eli's full name is Elijah Bob Patricius Guggi Q.

Then there is John Abraham.

I hope this helps. :sexywink:

I guess he didn’t know if he’d have another boy so he needed to use all the boy names on his first son?

1. One question for you.. english is not mine mail language..

Jordan has something to do with the RIVER JORDAN??? that river from the bible you know... in english is Jordan the name of the river?

2. Once a jounalista asked Bono about that part .. of Pride.."Early morning, April four A shot rings out in the Memphis sky" pointing that he died after.. and Bono says ...(with an ironic smile) that he only heard about it in the morning
:eyebrow:

criscruz said:
1. One question for you.. english is not mine mail language..

Jordan has something to do with the RIVER JORDAN??? that river from the bible you know... in english is Jordan the name of the river?

2. Once a jounalista asked Bono about that part .. of Pride.."Early morning, April four A shot rings out in the Memphis sky" pointing that he died after.. and Bono says ...(with an ironic smile) that he only heard about it in the morning

Bono was inaccurate, but not being cute about it. If memory serves, the bulletin came over NBC about 8:20 pm EST time; I was watching, I think, Dr. Kildare, I remember running downstairs to tell my father. I was wearing navy blue corduroy pants that itched because it was that time in spring when you realize your house is too hot -- the things you remember! So in Dublin, it was the middle of the night. So the first Bono would have heard of Dr. King's assassination would have been first thing in the morning -- of course, it was April 5....

It is Jordan in English as well, I always thought she was named after the river, much more noble than a prize fighter, but friends are friends!

I always thought that there were a reason why they have the names they have. I never really thought about it, though.

criscruz said:

Once a jounalista asked Bono about that part .. of Pride.."Early morning, April four A shot rings out in the Memphis sky" pointing that he died after.. and Bono says ...(with an ironic smile) that he only heard about it in the morning

And, he was not quite eight years old at the time.

FEELINNUMB said:

Bono was inaccurate, but not being cute about it. If memory serves, the bulletin came over NBC about 8:20 pm EST time; I was watching, I think, Dr. Kildare, I remember running downstairs to tell my father. I was wearing navy blue corduroy pants that itched because it was that time in spring when you realize your house is too hot -- the things you remember! So in Dublin, it was the middle of the night. So the first Bono would have heard of Dr. King's assassination would have been first thing in the morning -- of course, it was April 5....

It is Jordan in English as well, I always thought she was named after the river, much more noble than a prize fighter, but friends are friends!

so anyone think he named her Memphis EVE to redeem that mistake? :wink:

pattip2000 said:

so anyone think he named her Memphis EVE to redeem that mistake? :wink:

God I hope not, I really wouldn't want to be named after somebody's assassination... :eek: She is probably Memphis 'cos it's a cool music city... :)

zabie said:

I want to become Bono's Personal Assistant :drool: :macdevil:
Sorry--off topic--but I thought Lucy Matthews was his personal assistant? If he needs more than one-say you know an assistant when he's in Tennessee--I'm available. :wink:

Bono's Doll said:
Sorry--off topic--but I thought Lucy Matthews was his personal assistant? If he needs more than one-say you know an assistant when he's in Tennessee--I'm available. :wink:

He does have two! Cos when you are Bono, you need two to keep up with you. :wink: I think Lucy is his assistant on his DATA/political stuff and Catriona on his rock star stuff. Either that or Lucy is his US-based asst. and Catriona Ireland-based, but I think it's by kind of stuff.

u2granny said:

And, he was not quite eight years old at the time.

Well, same with me, and I got it right!! Of course, I was 17 when I was born...:wink: For those of you with much higher levels of estrogen, that was one hell of a stretch -- Bobby Kennedy was assassinated two months and two days later. What a horror. Anyway, I digress...

You know, Memphis may have nothing to do with Tennessee, but with the ancient capital of Egypt, which was known as Moph or Noph in the Bible...it must mean something special to him through study, but why he felt he had to tack it on to a lovely name like Eve, chi sa!

Pop Artist said:

He does have two! Cos when you are Bono, you need two to keep up with you. :wink: I think Lucy is his assistant on his DATA/political stuff and Catriona on his rock star stuff. Either that or Lucy is his US-based asst. and Catriona Ireland-based, but I think it's by kind of stuff.

Catriona is Bono's Personal Assistant, definitely when he is on tour, but also when he is on speaking engagements like the one that was just held in Washington DC on 3 February 2006.

Going to speaking engagements of Bono's now for over three years, I have seen Bono go through a few different people as Personal Assistants. This is probably because the PA becomes too overwhelmed in fulfilling their professional obligations to one of the world's most famous (and desirable) people or the job doesn't turn out to be what they thought it would be.

From what I have seen of Catriona, she is probably the best PA for Bono that he has had in many years. She seems genuinely concerned about him and his welfare without getting overwhelmed as described above.

Her respect and platonic affection for Bono is obvious, but she seems to know how to contain it so that it doesn't cause problems for her or anyone else. :up:

Lucy Mathew has been the London based director of DATA since DATA's inception in 2002 (with jaime Drummond being the U.S. based director of DATA). Both Lucy and Jaime met Bono around 1998 when they were all working on the Jubilee (Drop the Debt) campaign.

LUCY HAS NEVER BEEN BONO'S PERSONAL ASSISTANT - she has always held a co-equal position within the ranks of DATA along with Jaime and Bono.

Currently, she is taking a lower profile within DATA due to her pregnancy.

I am sure that she will resume her very active position in DATA when she feels ready to.

I hope this helps to clarify things.

I definitely hope that this doesn't lead to more inuuendoes and harmful speculations.

All three of these people (Bono, Catriona and Lucy) are MAGNIFICENT and LOVELY HUMAN BEINGS and they are all very lucky to have each other as friends and professional associates.

I have met all three of them (however briefly) and know what I am speaking about. :hug:

You are so lucky, Jamila to have had the opportunity to have met these people and to have been there for so many of Bono's speakign engagements. Hats off to you! And many many thanks for sharing all of this with us here. :hug:

This may sound weird, but I think it's kind of cool that of the 9 U2 shows I saw and 2 times I saw Bono speak independent of U2, I've never seen Catriona. I've looked for here, but never see her. With some celebs, it's like you see the PAs more than the person themselves, the PAs are always shoving people around and acting all snotty (which I'm not complaining about, it's part of their job). I dunno if it makes any sense, but I kind of like it that you can easily approach Bono (with Sampson there of course, but he never bothers anyone) without catty PAs trying to run the show. So thumbs up to Catriona - whoever you are, you're doing everything right :up: :D

I think she is too, LivLuv - for everyone concerned.

If I knew how to post pictures, I would post the one I have of her and Bono in the impromptu meet and greet that Bono held before he left the Washington Hilton after the ASAE speaking engagement.

She was right there in the background, looking out for his best interest all the way. ;)

Do you have the picture in a digital format? If you don't know how to upload it, you can e-mail it to someone else here and we can upload it and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom