Bono's a bit sticky today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
source: Contactmusic(I know, not reliable, but still, thought I'd share it with you gals)

BONO CELEBRATES ST PATRICK'S DAY AT MADAME TUSSAUDS

New York waxwork museum Madame Tussauds is celebrating St Patrick's Day 24 hours early this week (16MAR06) - by unveiling a new figure of U2 rocker BONO. The Irishman's waxwork will be unveiled at the Manhattan landmark tomorrow (16MAR06) to launch the museum's annual St Patrick's Day celebrations. Irish jig dancers and native Irish musicians will be on hand to welcome the new addition, while Madame Tussauds staff will lay a green carpet down for the wax Bono's arrival. It is the first time Bono's figure has appeared in the US.
15/03/2006 21:05

we definately need a Bono in the Amsterdam Madame tussauds... I wonder how the statue will look like tho :hmm:
anybody got pictures of a waxy Bono? (pre-elevation?)

wax.jpg

When I went to Madame Tussaud's in Las Vegas a couple of years ago, I didn't know that Bono would be there. I was delighted--I may even have let out a tiny little shriek. (I'll have to ask MrPurrl.) :heart: I hope there will be pictures of the new one so we can compare!

The glasses are right...hmmm:hmm: The shape of his head is close but the face is way off!:no:

kellyahern said:

now they're not even trying :tsk:

The london wax one is the best (not that I've been, but I have a picture somewhere :reject: ).

edit: found it!

b7b4c730.jpg

creepy, huh? :lol:

Disappointed with the band wax figures...hmm..you'd think they would resemble the band more...:(
*True they did get Larrys shoes right and his pose as well as Edge's other than that...:der:
and that one of Bono...hge looks a bit Elvis-ish:eyebrow:

kellyahern said:

now they're not even trying :tsk:

The london wax one is the best (not that I've been, but I have a picture somewhere :reject: ).

edit: found it!

b7b4c730.jpg

creepy, huh? :lol:

ok, i think he looks like a thin Alec Baldwin :yikes: and the suggestion of chest hair totally creeps me out!

Back
Top Bottom