Bono will be on CNN Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you! Since I don't have cable :( I look forward to some stills and a transcript. Please post pics here! Go BONO! :up:

Thank you for posting the transcript, dsmith! :hug:

He had some very shocking and intelligent things to say. His statistics always astound me and his deliverance is so effective. :applaud: Bono :applaud:

There's a video of the "Kaiser Family Foundation" interview aired on CNN in this site:

http://www.u2guatemala.com/

Also, there are a lot of good pics there, like these ones :)

bono18.jpg

bono06.jpg

Last edited:
He was also on the Today Show this morning..interviewed by Katie

He said he hasn't spoken to Bush recently about the AIDS funding, and that Frist and co better get it passed. It must be frustrating for him sometimes to not really be able to fully express in interviews his frustration over the :censored: red tape

:angry:

Btw, he was wearing a dark black leather jacket and black shirt, and his blue shades :wink: He flashed the peace sign at the end of the interview

I wish I could have seen him! I wasn't home when my friend called and told me he was on. She stayed with me on the cell phone and told me all about it and tried to let me hear him, but it was hard. It was everything Mrs. Springsteen said, and my friend said his hair looked really red. When she told me about the peace sign I was having a fit, I'm so sorry I missed him, what a nice birthday surprise that would have been!

Luckily, we had the tv on at work :) Did anyone get to see the little video clip before his interview with Katie? They showed a few seconds about his trip to the orphanage in South Africa with Beyonce. He was trying to make a baby smile by wiggling his glasses up and down on his face :cute:

U2Kitten said:
I wish I could have seen him! I wasn't home when my friend called and told me he was on. She stayed with me on the cell phone and told me all about it and tried to let me hear him, but it was hard. It was everything Mrs. Springsteen said, and my friend said his hair looked really red. When she told me about the peace sign I was having a fit, I'm so sorry I missed him, what a nice birthday surprise that would have been!

Damn. I missed this also. I wish I could have seen the peace sign and the baby.

dsmith2904 said:
I just posted a link in the News forum to a video of the Today show interview that MSNBC.com is running...

http://forum.interference.com/t85339.html

I caught the interview this morning on the Today show. He looked great, although a little tired (it was on really early).

I guess he's still in DC. It was funny to see him being interviewed with the Capital in the background.

He must really be making the rounds this week.

From the Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37623-2003Dec5.html

"A Peace Concert" -- was held last night at the Library of Congress with U2's Bono, Bill Clinton and Jordan's King Abdullah.

I37616-2003Dec05L

He turned and praised all the musicians, then launched into an appeal for peace in his soft Irish accent. "Mostly, we ask politicians to stick to their guns," he told the crowd. "Maybe we shouldn't. Maybe they should put them down and talk to the enemy." Then he thanked Bill Clinton for his efforts in the Irish peace agreements -- and gestured to the door, where the former president, who had just arrived, stood grinning.

Bono then narrated a dramatic version of "September 1913," a lament on Ireland's noble past by William Butler Yeats, which Bono turned into an antiwar poem by force of personality and 24 musicians providing the flourish. He finished with a tolling bell and a bow for Wolfensohn. "Words are almost superfluous," said Billington, calling it one of the most memorable nights in the library's history.

"Fantastic," pronounced Wolfowitz. Feeling peaceful? "I'm always feeling peaceful."

Guests drifted upstairs for a lavish buffet dinner. Bono and Clinton (surprise, surprise) were surrounded by adoring fans, including many of the young musicians. Wolfensohn stood to one side, looking relieved and very pleased about it all.

He's just everywhere:cool: :heart:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom