Bono will be on CNN Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^^^Wow, that sounds really cool!

I like this quote in particular:

"Mostly, we ask politicians to stick to their guns," he told the crowd. "Maybe we shouldn't. Maybe they should put them down and talk to the enemy."

*Cheers*

I love this guy.

kellyahern said:
Luckily, we had the tv on at work :) Did anyone get to see the little video clip before his interview with Katie? They showed a few seconds about his trip to the orphanage in South Africa with Beyonce. He was trying to make a baby smile by wiggling his glasses up and down on his face :cute:

Awwww, that sounds adorable!

He was on the Today show? Drat, I missed it! I didn't even know (and was sleeping at the time)! Grrr...

I'll check out the link, though. Thanks, dsmith! :).

Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
He was also on the Today Show this morning..interviewed by Katie

He said he hasn't spoken to Bush recently about the AIDS funding, and that Frist and co better get it passed. It must be frustrating for him sometimes to not really be able to fully express in interviews his frustration over the :censored: red tape

:angry:

I imagine so. I sincerely hope that those people don't let him down. I'm not much of a Frist fan to begin with, and if he, along with the others, don't get the stuff passed...:down: :tsk: :mad: :rant:...

Btw, he was wearing a dark black leather jacket and black shirt, and his blue shades :wink: He flashed the peace sign at the end of the interview

Awesome (gah, I love it when he gives the peace sign)!

And ramblin rose, wouldn't surprise me that he's tired-the poor guy's been all over the place this week. Hope he can manage to get some rest soon.

Angela

sue4u2 said:
From the Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37623-2003Dec5.html

"A Peace Concert" -- was held last night at the Library of Congress with U2's Bono, Bill Clinton and Jordan's King Abdullah.

I37616-2003Dec05L

He turned and praised all the musicians, then launched into an appeal for peace in his soft Irish accent. "Mostly, we ask politicians to stick to their guns," he told the crowd. "Maybe we shouldn't. Maybe they should put them down and talk to the enemy." Then he thanked Bill Clinton for his efforts in the Irish peace agreements -- and gestured to the door, where the former president, who had just arrived, stood grinning.

Bono then narrated a dramatic version of "September 1913," a lament on Ireland's noble past by William Butler Yeats, which Bono turned into an antiwar poem by force of personality and 24 musicians providing the flourish. He finished with a tolling bell and a bow for Wolfensohn. "Words are almost superfluous," said Billington, calling it one of the most memorable nights in the library's history.

"Fantastic," pronounced Wolfowitz. Feeling peaceful? "I'm always feeling peaceful."

Guests drifted upstairs for a lavish buffet dinner. Bono and Clinton (surprise, surprise) were surrounded by adoring fans, including many of the young musicians. Wolfensohn stood to one side, looking relieved and very pleased about it all.

He's just everywhere:cool: :heart:

A very tiny pic of Bono and Clinton at the same event:
339389%3A%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323478%3B2%3A938ot1lsi

I sent that Peace Concert article and pic to my Mom, because she loves Yo Yo Ma (and Bono of course :D ). She said it was "two hunks together" *lol* I wish there was a pic of just the two of them...

She also said she met Wolfensohn several times through a job she used to have :shocked: sorry, that's my totally useless factoid :wink:

I wish I could have an mp3 of Bono reading that poem

MrsSpringsteen said:
I sent that Peace Concert article and pic to my Mom, because she loves Yo Yo Ma (and Bono of course :D ). She said it was "two hunks together" *lol* I wish there was a pic of just the two of them...

:laugh: :up: :).

She also said she met Wolfensohn several times through a job she used to have :shocked: sorry, that's my totally useless factoid :wink:

Cool!

My dad interviewed a guy a couple of weeks ago that knows Bono and has worked with him before. :) *another totally useless factoid*.

I wish I could have an mp3 of Bono reading that poem

:yes:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom