Bono will be Interviewed Live from Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know about CNN. I had it on and no Bono was mentioned in the "coming ups".

However, he will definitely be LIVE on CBC in about 15 minutes. He and the Prime Minister will speak, and then at 1:00, there will be a press conference. I'll keep you posted.

All I saw was the video game segment, too. I didn't catch anything about Bono, either. biff, did you mean CNBC? Maybe I will try that.

He was just on. I taped it. The Prime Minister introduced him with very warm words, and then Bono spoke for about ten minutes. He made it clear that he was not there for political reasons, and spoke eloquently, as usual, about the issues. He's so effortlessly charming.
Of course, you also want to know how he looked, don't you?:wink: He was wearing a black, very nice suit jacket and black shirt. His hair is still long, but it looks darker. He had on the dark green glasses. He seemed to be wearing a new earring in his left ear, a hoop with diamonds. A birthday present, maybe?
Gotta run, more later.

I'm back. They are taking a break for ads, and are about to begin a press conference with the PM and Bono. This is on CBC, the Canadian Broadcasting Network.

ACK! I've had CNN on constantly and haven't seen anything--I guess it's only on the Canadian station? :( Perhaps they'll have it in Real Video or something. :yes:

sd

Thanks for the report Biff :wave:

The pics have just hit Reuters yahoo :wink:

capt.ott10605121622.canada_people_bono_ott106.jpg

capt.ott10505121621.canada_people_bono_ott105.jpg

r1584439354.jpg

r3293672015.jpg

Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin (L) meets with Bono, lead singer for the band U2, in Ottawa, May 12, 2004. The government is doubling its support for the international AIDS fund to C$70 (U.S. $50) million for the 2005-06 fiscal year. REUTERS/Jim Young

Last edited:
Okay, the press conference just ended. It lasted about 10 minutes. Some of the questions were of course in French, and it was amusing to hear Bono referred to as "Monsieur Bone-oh". Bono's understanding of French is excellent. He responded (in English) to several questions that were posed in French, and at one point he interjected some comments into the middle of the PM's French remarks. He clearly was able to follow everything that was said, without a translator. He seemed a bit pissed off at one point, when a couple of reporters tried to turn this into a political event. One of them asked who was paying for his trip! He looked appropriately insulted, and said he was covering his own expenses, if that's what they were implying.
One last point before I go: there WILL be interviews broadcast on other networks. Before the events I watched, the PM and Bono gave interviews to "several international news agencies". I'm assuming CNN was one of these, so I'm sure you'll catch it at some point.
This is reporter Biff signing off from Upper Canukistan. Adieu.

Thanks again Biff! I'm impressed (with both you and Bono!)

Is there any chance he might show up on the good ole fashioned network nightly news tonight?

i met bono outside the lord elgin (where the press conference was).

it was all very quick, he stepped out of his car right in front of me, kissed a couple of girls' hands beside me, signed my pop tour book (the centerfold on which i now have all 4 sigs) then was ushered inside.

i think bono had a lot less leeway for hanging around then he would have otherwise cause he was with martin.

kobayashi said:
yeah
and he nodded when i asked about an album in october.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:hyper:

Yay!!!! Sorry I missed the conference, hopefully the video will pop up somewhere. Bono IS either wearing the same pants or a very similar pair. They are still super cute.

I like the green shades, Bono!

He probably was under heavier security because he was with Martin. But you got an autograph and a head nod, that's a good Bono day! :up:

Back
Top Bottom