Bono wearing suit and tie on CNN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is probably a question that's been asked eighteen-hundred times already, but anyway. Does Bono wear those glasses because he actually needs to wear glasses, or just because they're really cool glasses?

And the woman in that picture (not the picture with Colin Powell, but the other one)is Clare Short who is Overseas Development Minister in the UK. Probably nobody cares about this, but she's one of my political heroes right now, so I thought I'd throw that in somewhere.

[This message has been edited by FizzingWhizzbees (edited 01-03-2002).]

Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
This is probably a question that's been asked eighteen-hundred times already, but anyway. Does Bono wear those glasses because he actually needs to wear glasses, or just because they're really cool glasses?

[This message has been edited by FizzingWhizzbees (edited 01-03-2002).]

One of the reasons I've heard is that it's because he's got allergies to wine that makes him get red eyes everytime he drinks it so hence the glasses...
Also that's why he can only drink vintage wine
wink.gif

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Want the GLASSES!!!!! ARGH! Okay, I'm having glasses envy AGAIN! I been looking all over for these feckin' things...well, looking is fun and it gives me something to do at least...argh, glasses

*runs to try and find THEM*

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by WildHonee:
During Charlie Rose my mom got mad when Bono wiped his nose on his sleeve!

What??? I don't remember that. I have to find that tape and look for that! Hehehehe ... that's so cute ... Bono wiping his nose on his sleeve.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by lady lemonade:
One of the reasons I've heard is that it's because he's got allergies to wine that makes him get red eyes everytime he drinks it so hence the glasses...
Also that's why he can only drink vintage wine
wink.gif

Does he drink wine before he goes to Political Meetings???

I think that he looks sexy in his glasses, but just once I would like to see his whole face and his beautiful eyes!!!

Especially in a suit!!! MMMMMmmmmmnnnn, Mona we share the same fetish for Bono in a suit(and all that other stuff as well!!)

Originally posted by martha:
Yep, he's a dangerous guy. That's why we love him.

lol!! My mom's like "....What COUNTRY is he from?"
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Does he drink wine before he goes to Political Meetings???

I think that he looks sexy in his glasses, but just once I would like to see his whole face and his beautiful eyes!!!

I think he does wear the shades to be cool but I have long suspected that the pale bluish ones with wire rims he wears most of the time are actual eyeglasses and have started a thread about it on EYKIW. It's no big deal if he does need glasses, lots of us wear glasses or contacts, I do. It doesn't mean he's old, even some little kids wear glasses.

ANYWAY he looks freakin' HOT in those pics!!

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Has anyone ever seen Edge in a suit and tie? I haven't other than the funeral pics
frown.gif
If somebody has other ones please post them. But I like his bedazzled clothes best.

Back
Top Bottom