Bono was on South Park?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You probably don't want to see the episode.

South Park typically doesn't have celebrities playing themselves, they just make fun of them. There's been some exceptions over the years, but in this case the whole episode was about how Bono is (in the SP world) literally a piece of shite.

It was a pretty bad episode by South Park standards, to be honest.

How many more threads on this issue do we need? I 'm generally not into the South Park style humour, but I guess being featured in an episode is a sign of how famous you are. Over at EYKIW, people are obviously having a field day with this episode.

The show's been on for ten years, I would have expected he'd appear sooner.

It sort of felt like he had since they used his 2005 appearance rather than the current one.

blueeyedgirl said:
If you've never watched it, how do you know you don't like it? It's like Catholic priests being against sex. :wink:

I know I dont like it because all I need to watch is the "previews" to know that I DONT like it :D...plus bits and pieces get played on diffrent shows like VH1 funniest programs and such...but just the previews themselves dont intice me watch it...

I'm a huge Simpsons fan though :D

Screen caps.

bonosp1.jpg

bonosp2.jpg

bonosp3.jpg

bonosp4.jpg

bonosp45.jpg

bonosp6.jpg

bonosp7.jpg

bonosp8.jpg

bonosp9.jpg

bonosp10.jpg

Oh dear god. Just when I thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous...

You know, of all the things to make fun of Bono for, his crap is not a subject you'd think they'd go after. I think Matt and Trey just needed a celebrity to go after and they drew his name out of a hat. It just as easily could've been Lionel Richie or Gerard Way [Why couldn't it have been Gerard Way? That would've been hysterical, but maybe they have other plans for Geetard.] or Britney Spears. And judging by the fact that they used the old image of Bono (though that montage did have his knighthood pic) they jsut used Bono to use Bono. Like I said, they just needed a celeb to go after and they picked him. For whatever illogical reason. :rolleyes:

Most people did not get the sarcasm - Bono holds the record for biggest crap - the records are crap. Bono is also known to say over and over when we are "shit" we will quit. I believe this is the SP creators take on his quotes....

RegularBonoFan said:
Oh dear god. Just when I thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous...

You know, of all the things to make fun of Bono for, his crap is not a subject you'd think they'd go after. I think Matt and Trey just needed a celebrity to go after and they drew his name out of a hat. It just as easily could've been Lionel Richie or Gerard Way [Why couldn't it have been Gerard Way? That would've been hysterical, but maybe they have other plans for Geetard.] or Britney Spears. And judging by the fact that they used the old image of Bono (though that montage did have his knighthood pic) they jsut used Bono to use Bono. Like I said, they just needed a celeb to go after and they picked him. For whatever illogical reason. :rolleyes:

And im sincerely glad youre not one of South Park's writers. shit.

bonocomet said:
:hmm: He looks like that guy we're not supposed to name.
Thanks for the caps Sicy!
:lol: They did do a good job on the animation, but the whole thing was pretty lame. I love South Park too, I just didn't laugh :shrug: I don't mind that they made fun of him, I just wish they'd done a better job :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom