Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 02:53 AM
Bono to open an art gallery?

Bono's art is in right place now

Daily Mail, December 17, 2007

Richard Kay

HE ALREADY owns a highly successful hotel in the centre of Dublin, a state-of the art studio overlooking the capitals docklands and a number of houses scattered across the city and now U2 frontman Bono is set to add a modern-style house and art gallery to his property portfolio.

The rock star, who has become known for his own zen-like quality and laid-back disposition, has commissioned Japanese star architect Tadao Ando to design his very own museum, likely to reflect the minimalist style of the renowned architect.

Although the project is still in its early stages, the location of the gallery is expected to be in the capital.

The pint-sized pop star will be able to give some elevation to his celebrity friends by allowing them to show their collections at the gallery.

It is likely that the art collection of Guggi, former musician turned artist and close pal of Bonos, will be housed in the gallery.

The singers new project may derive from his own artistic talents, the U2 frontman having won acclaim with his own painting efforts.

Bonos own work has 18 paintings which were used for an updated version of Peter and the Wolf, a charity childrens book published in 2003.

The rocker is also trying his hand at architecture through his collaboration with Lord Foster on the redevelopment of the Clarence hotel.

Painting and architecture are just a couple of Bonos many talents.

He has also tried his hand at magazine editing, taking the reins at Vanity Fair this summer for a special Africa edition.

And while actually making music has been on the back burner for Bono in recent years U2s last album was as far back as 2004 he has enjoyed another busy year of social activism, rarely allowing world leaders to meet up without being on hand for a photo opportunity.

In September, architect Ando, who is known as the Godfather of minimal-ism, launched an environmental campaign in Dublin.

His main project involves working on a 100,000-seat waterfront stadium for the Beijing Olympics next year.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon

Old 12-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:53 AM
Sounds interesting, I would love to see it.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #4
blm
New Yorker

Pint-sized pop star?
The man is incredible.
Hope to hear more about it soon. I don't picture zen-like when I think of Guggi and Bono, though. Maybe he has started meditating,too.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

This sounds pretty cool. I'd like to see more of Guggi's work. I've only seen one painting of bowls. I love his color palette and I find his juxtaposition of objects to be very interesting. I'm overall fascinated by contemporary art.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:27 PM   #6
New Yorker

Pint Sized!--now I'm thinking--I always thought of myself as a little doll B could carry in his coat pocket but now maybe it's the other way around.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Local Time: 11:53 PM
Very cool! He is a renaissance man for sure!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's Doll
Pint Sized!--now I'm thinking--I always thought of myself as a little doll B could carry in his coat pocket but now maybe it's the other way around.

sounds like a plan I actually wanted to make a Bono doll for years!

That is cool I hope I get to see Dublin and Bono's art gallery in the near future
Old 12-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Bono to open an art gallery?

Quote:
Originally posted by europop2005
Bono's art is in right place now

Daily Mail, December 17, 2007

Richard Kay

HE ALREADY owns a highly successful hotel in the centre of Dublin, a state-of the art studio overlooking the capitals docklands and a number of houses scattered across the city and now U2 frontman Bono is set to add a modern-style house and art gallery to his property portfolio.

The rock star, who has become known for his own zen-like quality and laid-back disposition, has commissioned Japanese star architect Tadao Ando to design his very own museum, likely to reflect the minimalist style of the renowned architect.

Although the project is still in its early stages, the location of the gallery is expected to be in the capital.

The pint-sized pop star will be able to give some elevation to his celebrity friends by allowing them to show their collections at the gallery.

It is likely that the art collection of Guggi, former musician turned artist and close pal of Bonos, will be housed in the gallery.

The singers new project may derive from his own artistic talents, the U2 frontman having won acclaim with his own painting efforts.

Bonos own work has 18 paintings which were used for an updated version of Peter and the Wolf, a charity childrens book published in 2003.

The rocker is also trying his hand at architecture through his collaboration with Lord Foster on the redevelopment of the Clarence hotel.

Painting and architecture are just a couple of Bonos many talents.

He has also tried his hand at magazine editing, taking the reins at Vanity Fair this summer for a special Africa edition.

And while actually making music has been on the back burner for Bono in recent years U2s last album was as far back as 2004 he has enjoyed another busy year of social activism, rarely allowing world leaders to meet up without being on hand for a photo opportunity.

In September, architect Ando, who is known as the Godfather of minimal-ism, launched an environmental campaign in Dublin.

His main project involves working on a 100,000-seat waterfront stadium for the Beijing Olympics next year.
A man of many talents
Old 12-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:53 AM
Pint-sized pop star! I could barely finish reading the article after seeing that!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:23 AM
what is pint-sized? .reject:
Old 12-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:53 AM
Pint-sized is another way of saying small. A pint is a smallish unit of liquid measure.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:34 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:23 AM
^__^Thanks

he´s not

I wonder if they will show up new artist there or just VIP artists
Old 12-19-2007, 09:27 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

New studio, hotel renovation, and now an art gallery?!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:53 AM
He's a man of many talents. I didn't know he painted.. are there any links to his work?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:14 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 06:53 AM
Where do I send my resume? Seriously...

Is this going to a gallery like, housing art gallery or selling art gallery? Dublin is such a great place for new hip artists, and it's screaming for a thing like this, especially to be led by Bono. I actually love this idea.

Bono's own private art collection is very impressive, from what I know of it: John Kingerlee, Jeff Koons, Le Brocquy, Guggi etc. Just put his art in there, give a loan tax credit to him and let everyone see the art.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:21 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:53 PM
Cool, thanks for posting

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue
He's a man of many talents. I didn't know he painted.. are there any links to his work?

Here's one of the threads

http://forum.interference.com/showth...ght=peter+wolf
Old 12-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #18
Refugee

am i the only one that noticed that Bono paints in his suit? i don't care how big of a rock star you are...that stuff stains!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:53 AM
I guess he wore that for the pictures and videos. So what? Bono has enough clothes, I'm sure he doesn't care if something gets stained.

On the other hand, he could also paint wearing nothing at all.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:48 PM   #20
The Fly

Local Time: 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13
Pint-sized pop star! I could barely finish reading the article after seeing that!
LOL, that's the ^@*%ing daily mail for you