Bono to open an art gallery?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
Bono's art is in right place now

Daily Mail, December 17, 2007

Richard Kay

HE ALREADY owns a highly successful hotel in the centre of Dublin, a state-of the art studio overlooking the capitals docklands and a number of houses scattered across the city and now U2 frontman Bono is set to add a modern-style house and art gallery to his property portfolio.

The rock star, who has become known for his own zen-like quality and laid-back disposition, has commissioned Japanese star architect Tadao Ando to design his very own museum, likely to reflect the minimalist style of the renowned architect.

Although the project is still in its early stages, the location of the gallery is expected to be in the capital.

The pint-sized pop star will be able to give some elevation to his celebrity friends by allowing them to show their collections at the gallery.

It is likely that the art collection of Guggi, former musician turned artist and close pal of Bonos, will be housed in the gallery.

The singers new project may derive from his own artistic talents, the U2 frontman having won acclaim with his own painting efforts.

Bonos own work has 18 paintings which were used for an updated version of Peter and the Wolf, a charity childrens book published in 2003.

The rocker is also trying his hand at architecture through his collaboration with Lord Foster on the redevelopment of the Clarence hotel.

Painting and architecture are just a couple of Bonos many talents.

He has also tried his hand at magazine editing, taking the reins at Vanity Fair this summer for a special Africa edition.

And while actually making music has been on the back burner for Bono in recent years U2s last album was as far back as 2004 he has enjoyed another busy year of social activism, rarely allowing world leaders to meet up without being on hand for a photo opportunity.

In September, architect Ando, who is known as the Godfather of minimal-ism, launched an environmental campaign in Dublin.

His main project involves working on a 100,000-seat waterfront stadium for the Beijing Olympics next year.

Pint-sized pop star? :shame: :giggle:
The man is incredible.
Hope to hear more about it soon. I don't picture zen-like when I think of Guggi and Bono, though. Maybe he has started meditating,too.

This sounds pretty cool. I'd like to see more of Guggi's work. I've only seen one painting of bowls. I love his color palette and I find his juxtaposition of objects to be very interesting. I'm overall fascinated by contemporary art.

Pint Sized!--now I'm thinking--I always thought of myself as a little doll B could carry in his coat pocket but now maybe it's the other way around. :wink: :drool:

Bono's Doll said:
Pint Sized!--now I'm thinking--I always thought of myself as a little doll B could carry in his coat pocket but now maybe it's the other way around. :wink: :drool:

sounds like a plan :hmm: I actually wanted to make a Bono doll for years!

That is cool I hope I get to see Dublin and Bono's art gallery in the near future :)

Last edited:
europop2005 said:
Bono's art is in right place now

Daily Mail, December 17, 2007

Richard Kay

HE ALREADY owns a highly successful hotel in the centre of Dublin, a state-of the art studio overlooking the capitals docklands and a number of houses scattered across the city and now U2 frontman Bono is set to add a modern-style house and art gallery to his property portfolio.

The rock star, who has become known for his own zen-like quality and laid-back disposition, has commissioned Japanese star architect Tadao Ando to design his very own museum, likely to reflect the minimalist style of the renowned architect.

Although the project is still in its early stages, the location of the gallery is expected to be in the capital.

The pint-sized pop star will be able to give some elevation to his celebrity friends by allowing them to show their collections at the gallery.

It is likely that the art collection of Guggi, former musician turned artist and close pal of Bonos, will be housed in the gallery.

The singers new project may derive from his own artistic talents, the U2 frontman having won acclaim with his own painting efforts.

Bonos own work has 18 paintings which were used for an updated version of Peter and the Wolf, a charity childrens book published in 2003.

The rocker is also trying his hand at architecture through his collaboration with Lord Foster on the redevelopment of the Clarence hotel.

Painting and architecture are just a couple of Bonos many talents.

He has also tried his hand at magazine editing, taking the reins at Vanity Fair this summer for a special Africa edition.

And while actually making music has been on the back burner for Bono in recent years U2s last album was as far back as 2004 he has enjoyed another busy year of social activism, rarely allowing world leaders to meet up without being on hand for a photo opportunity.

In September, architect Ando, who is known as the Godfather of minimal-ism, launched an environmental campaign in Dublin.

His main project involves working on a 100,000-seat waterfront stadium for the Beijing Olympics next year.

A man of many talents

Where do I send my resume? Seriously...

Is this going to a gallery like, housing art gallery or selling art gallery? Dublin is such a great place for new hip artists, and it's screaming for a thing like this, especially to be led by Bono. I actually love this idea.

Bono's own private art collection is very impressive, from what I know of it: John Kingerlee, Jeff Koons, Le Brocquy, Guggi etc. Just put his art in there, give a loan tax credit to him and let everyone see the art.

Last edited:
am i the only one that noticed that Bono paints in his suit? i don't care how big of a rock star you are...that stuff stains!!!

I guess he wore that for the pictures and videos. So what? Bono has enough clothes, I'm sure he doesn't care if something gets stained.

On the other hand, he could also paint wearing nothing at all. :hmm:

:reject:

I'd visit any studio that I was able to get to that housed Bono's art (or Guggi's for that matter). I'd love to see it and I wish him luck in this endeavor! What a creative sould this man has!

Back
Top Bottom