Bono tied up in the What's Going On video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbi16

War Child
Oh my so I decided to turn on the tv and flipping through channels I hear Carson saying they're gonna premiere the What's Going On video today. So I run get my tape ready and hope for Bono content.

Well I just didn't fall in my chair because I was sitting in a couch, oh my Bono all tied up with that head band (not just the eyes he was mummified down to his waist). I think I now see the appeal of blindfolds he was speaking about on Letterman. Imagine the possibilities. Oh and those baby blues at the end, alright inhale exhale, inhale exhale.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Bono ... all tied up. Hubba Hubba! I am scandalized by the thoughts that are racing through my mind!

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Ohh cool, so he is in it? I was thinking that they wouldn't even show him for some reason. So does he only appear in the beginning where he sings, or what?

WHAT??

It can't be the same video I've seen billions of times. The video I've seen shows some yummylicious shots of Bono, while singing his part, behind the mixerdesk, chatting with people, hugging people and some where he is just... just yummylicious. No tied up Bono here.

So I guess there has to be several different videos.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

OK, what's the deal? I have read a lot of articles about the video and all of them have said he WASN'T in the video. So he IS in it? Or not?

------------------
it's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
OK, what's the deal? I have read a lot of articles about the video and all of them have said he WASN'T in the video. So he IS in it? Or not?

LOL
Maybe I have hallucinated all the times I've seen the vid. Knowing that he is singing in the song wants me to see him in the vid.
biggrin.gif

No, can't be that wrong and he is in the vid ALOT and he's the one who ends it by giving a peacesign or something.
This is a video that has been shown in Europe (or at least Sweden) the last week/s several times a day on MTV and a swedish musicchannel.

So he is for sure in the video!
smile.gif

Alright girls calm down. Basically the video where it's him hugging etc was the one MTV put together with footage from production/singing while the artists worked one making the real thing/video.

Today MTV premiered the video that was actually made for the song. The concept is removing blindfolds which signify prejudice.

Yes Bono is in it and that's what I was referring to in the original post.

Did that clear up confusion?

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 11-01-2001).]

I JUST today saw about a minute clip of this on TV, wow, it looks like a great video, and the song is pretty awesome too.

All of the singers/artists are blindfolded with certain words/terms on each of the blindfolds...they remove one and there's another one underneath with another word...

then there are large banners shown as well, such as 'drop the debt' (of course!) and others....

looks pretty powerful. Can't wait to see the whole thing. Anyone know if it'll be on the U2.com website??

Yes, thank you.
biggrin.gif
Now.. I have to plot to get a decent tape of it..

------------------
it's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else

Bono bondage? Oh, call me a sick puppy but that turns me on! Oh, is he blindfolded, and then they take it off and show the baby blues? Oh, I am so hot! When can I see this? Can somebody at least post a pic of him tied up and blindfolded? OOHHH!!

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 11-01-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Bono bondage? Oh, call me a sick puppy but that turns me on! Oh, is he blindfolded, and then they take it off and show the baby blues? Oh, I am so hot! When can I see this? Can somebody at least post a pic of him tied up and blindfolded? OOHHH!!

Ditto.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

yeah, i saw it today.

bono bondage!!!!! what a turn on!!!!! dirty...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." - Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

HOO-AH! Is this in the U.S. too? I wanna see!!...not that...I'm into...that kinda thing...*ahem*...
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
Ramble on,
Sing my song

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

Come on girls, hot subject here! I want to talk about this! Imagine the possibities indeed! HOT!

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Come on girls, hot subject here! I want to talk about this! Imagine the possibities indeed! HOT!

I agree, but I also think a lot of the girls haven't seen it yet just give it time. Isn't it hilarious though that the shot lasts less than a second and we're all here wanting to talk about it? If you haven't seen it go watch one of the TRL re-runs you don't know what your missing.

Again I really think I'm starting to see the appeal of blindfolds, but still I don't think that putting Britney into the mix was necessary.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Whoa- Bono's getting attacked by Destiny's Child!!!
eek.gif
That's kind of a cute picture, though- at least they were having fun. Bono does seem to be very fond of them.
smile.gif

*clearing throat* PERV!!!

Oh Bono, those hormones need to calm down. It's just not right, they're even affecting your brain and your judgement of good music.

*takes out whip* Down boy!!! DOWN!!!

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

*FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMEE*

I am shrieking like a tea kettle I am so outraged!! Grr

Hands

off.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"It's not why you're running.
It's where you're going.
It's not what you're dreaming
But what you're gonna do.
It's not where you're born.
It's where you belong.
It's not how weak
But what will make you strong."

OMG ... that is a sexy video. Bono, all tied up ... what is a girl to think?

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Yes, it is sexy, but look at that pic. Poor pitiful baby can't see, he looks so sad.
frown.gif

I want to untie those baby blues for him.

------------------
~Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free, with myself~

Originally posted by Winter Halcyon:
I finally got a pic of Bono blinfolded..
smile.gif

8q13100.jpg

smile.gif

WOW THANKS WINTER!! That is SO HOT, oh yes, image, blind, helpless Bono! SEXINESS! Hey, where's Martha, let's get him while he can't see!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom