Bono the peace-maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
27790d51.jpg

3c40e5c0.jpg

BonoWEF06Feb18.jpg

Jamila said:
I'm surprised that no one could identify the pic that clementine_rose asked about.

That's Bono with Rita Marley, widow of Bob Marley, at Marley's induction ceremony into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994.

Bono gave Marley's induction speech.

Hope that answers the question.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Oh, OK! I wasn't quite sure what that pic was actually. I just plulcked it out of my Photobucket stash. I wish we could caption our pics, otherwise sometimes I forget what one is .:reject:

I'm glad that I could answer everyone's question about the pic.

I guess that's one upside with my Love for all things African - I can answer questions that sometimes no one else can answer! :lmao:

(funny, but true) LOVE AND PEACE....:up:

Thanks so much for those pics from Bono's trip to Africa with Paul O'Neill in May 2002 - some of them I hadn't seen before. :wink:

I love the pix of Bono and Paul O'Neill, when I joined Interference that trip was going on and those were my introduction to PLEBA! I haven't looked back!:drool: :drool: :drool:
*card-carrying PLEBAn*
*member of Sexy Neck Squad*
:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

verte76 said:
I love the pix of Bono and Paul O'Neill, when I joined Interference that trip was going on and those were my introduction to PLEBA! I haven't looked back!:drool: :drool: :drool:
*card-carrying PLEBAn*
*member of Sexy Neck Squad*
:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

There was an MTV special of the trip I have that on tape somewhere :)

verte76 said:

You've got a *tape* of the show? I saw it, that show was a huge inspiration for me.

I tape every performance/appearance of Bono/U2 even if it's 30 seconds :reject: I have a giant collection since 2001.

Last edited:
Excellet thread verte. :bow:
Great pics everyone :applaud:

Came across this yesterday on the PBS website:
GET UP STAND UP THE STORY OF POP AND PROTEST..
Premieres Sept. 29 on PBS.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/getupstandup/

The Live 8 concerts to fight poverty in Africa are just the most recent demonstration of how musicians have lent their voice and considerable influence to an issue that transcends the realm of popular music. GET UP, STAND UP, a new two-hour documentary, chronicles the vital role that popular music has played in the ongoing struggles for peace and equality. Learn more about the program, the songs, and the events behind the music on the companion Web site launching on September 14.
:up:

08-22-2005 09:45 PM -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm surprised that no one could identify the pic that clementine_rose asked about.

That's Bono with Rita Marley, widow of Bob Marley, at Marley's induction ceremony into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994.

Bono gave Marley's induction speech.

Hope that answers the question.

----------------------------------------------
Thanks, LyricalDrug, for answering clementine's question but I had already answered her question in this thread. :ohmy:

verte76 said:

You've got a *tape* of the show? I saw it, that show was a huge inspiration for me.

Since someone else bumped this thread, I just posted links to that MTV Diary show in the other Bono in Africa thread.

arhitetka said:

I have to say, not many people can pull of looking good standing next to Brad Pitt but B...with his hot pink shirt and same nice sun tan ...:yes:

I am at a loss ofr words:happy: :flirt: :cute:

Back
Top Bottom