Bono the Graduate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramblin rose

Site Team
Staff member
capt.px10305171753.people_bono_px103.jpg

capt.px10105171744.people_bono_px101.jpg

capt.px10205171748.penn_bono_px102.jpg

Looking great as usual!!

Last edited:
Thanks, Rose. I love his smile in the first pic. And he looks very studious in the cap and gown. Somehow, it really suits him.

He just looks so great!! Always has, of course! these pics are just so beautiful - he looks so rested and fit. Getting a degree really agrees with him. I would so love to have been there and heard him speak. Saw him this morning on CNN from yesterday. He seems to have a hard time doing soundbytes. He has so much to do and say, for him to narrow it down to a few minutes for tv. Still he does such a marvelous job. What a man:heart:

How cool would it be to have Bono as your commencement speaker?!
Mine was Tom Brokaw, who was actually quite good. Plus I was graduating from a communications program, so he was a good choice for me.
But Bono...!!!!!

Congratulations to him! I can't wait to read his speech, but God he looks SO ADORABLE in the cap and gown..it is too much cuteness to handle :wink:

It looks like he has his open shirt/rosary under the gown :cute:

souLnation2002 said:

:lmao:He reminds me of a pirate or a sailor in this one, especially with the cap. Aye, Aye, captain! I would have no problem taking orders from this man.

Last edited:
Diane L said:
How cool would it be to have Bono as your commencement speaker?!
Mine was Tom Brokaw, who was actually quite good. Plus I was graduating from a communications program, so he was a good choice for me.
But Bono...!!!!!

I can't remember who the commencement speaker was at my college graduation :lol: Some university provost, financial guy, not very memorable :lol:

if anyone knows the commencement speaker for Florida State University August 1998 graduating class, please drop me a line . . . . :lmao:

ramblin rose said:

This is definately my favorite. Only Bono could get away with that.

Yeah, if it were any one else, they would probably be rolling their eyes and wondering why they asked (insert random name here) to be the commencement speaker. He does it and everyone laughs, myself included.

Back
Top Bottom