Bono (takes his glasses off) on CNN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
risse said:
Some screenshots

BonoCNN60.jpg

BonoCNN49.jpg

BonoCNN4.jpg

BonoCNN7.jpg

:sexywink: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

sue4u2 said:
He was saying during the interview he was NOT! looking at the world through rose colored glasses (pulls glasses off) in fact he felt like smashing his glasses over the frustration of them not keeping their promise. (rubs eyes and brow)
He's truly having a hard time with these leaders not keeping their word.
And he's letting the world know what he thinks of their false promises. He may be wearing his heart on his sleeve but at least he has a :heart: but I'm afraid his heart is breaking.
Rock on Bono :rockon:

Completely true, sue4u2.

Bono may be joking on the outside for the camera but his heart IS breaking on the inside for the people that he has met in Africa. :sad:

I appreciate your post more than I can say, sue4u2. :wink:

Jamila said:

Completely true, sue4u2.

Bono may be joking on the outside for the camera but his heart IS breaking on the inside for the people that he has met in Africa. :sad:

I appreciate your post more than I can say, sue4u2. :wink:

I too appreciate your post! Having been ONE of thousands campaigning in Edinburgh in 05. I feel that same frustration of broken promises. We worked hard and thought we had made some great strides. AUGH!

On a lighter note....OMG can he be any sexier...especially when he's passionately angry!

oktobergirl said:
I can't believe there is actually a link to "Bono taking off his glasses" on CNN. :| My respect for them continues to dwindle.

I guess that was bigger news than the news that the G8 summit is not going well with reference to the anti poverty agenda. I would expect that from other sources but CNN????

On a brighter note, at least we got to see him sans shades. Nice.

Unfortunately given the nature of the masses probably more people will watch that video because Bono is taking off his glasses than would watch it if the titile was about the politics.
It's all about appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Dana

rihannsu said:

Unfortunately given the nature of the masses probably more people will watch that video because Bono is taking off his glasses than would watch it if the titile was about the politics.
It's all about appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Dana

True that, but I wanna make clear that I did listen to the man. ;)

It's true that you get a wider (Bono) audience by saying he takes off his glasses.

Like the man says himself, it doesn't matter HOW you get your message across, as long as you GET it across :D

I Heard that Bono got mad and in a heated argument with someone and so I watched it all and it never seemed that Bono was mad at all.

absintheminded said:
I Heard that Bono got mad and in a heated argument with someone and so I watched it all and it never seemed that Bono was mad at all.

No, he seemed frustrated. Very frustrated. Perhaps frustrated that he couldn't show his true feelings on American/international television?

To the poster who said she's lost respect for CNN over "Bono takes off his glasses" being news: Yes, CNN.com tags the video as "Bono takes off his glasses," but one tag mentions it was in connection with the G8. So? Bono said in the story he removed his glasses to illustrate he wasn't seeing the situation through his rose-colored classes (if he ever really has). And you have to admit, he's famous for wearing sunglasses.

Now, since this is Pleba, how 'bout Bono without those glasses? :wink: :up:

Last edited:
risse said:

Oh, WOW!! I love Bono without his glasses. Wish he'd let us see his beautiful eyes more often. Thanks for all the great screenshots. Someone's gotta tell the man about these little things called...contacts :love: :love:

Is the video on YouTube? If it isn't, could someone put it on YouTube? Pleeeaaase? That would be the most convenient way for me to see it. My computer is telling me that it will take more than two hours to download it the other way. :reject:

Rachel D. said:
Is the video on YouTube? If it isn't, could someone put it on YouTube? Pleeeaaase? That would be the most convenient way for me to see it. My computer is telling me that it will take more than two hours to download it the other way. :reject:
I'll load it to youtube now, check in a few minutes my account there (same name :))

Back
Top Bottom