Bono Speaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Anyone else have "Bono: In His Own Words"? I just bought the latest copy and there are some really great quotes there.. I've been typing some up and wanted to share.
smile.gif

"I print the lyrics on the record sleeves becasue I don't think that as a singer I'm clear enough. There was a fantastic Japanese translation I have to tell you about of a song called "out of control." I think the opening line - it's not great poetry but it was the opening line and I wrote it on my 18th birthday. I think it was "monday morning, 18 years, how long" and the Japanese translation was "Monday morning knitting ears of gold"

"People ask me such serious questions- and I answer them. I'm that dumb."

"I think the world is not ready for a book of my poetry. I wrote a poem about Elvis. I think if you're going to write poetry it should be about Elvis."

"If you're lucky enough to be in love as I am, you don't want to throw it all away and expose your partner: that is much more important to me than being in U2, actually. So when I'm writing songs, it's the leg of my experience, the arm of somebody else's. But I do think that in an oblique way the only place where I am completely honest is in the song."

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" -Dec 1987

"I am still learning the trappings of stardom. I punched a security guard over there and it felt prety good. I'm wondering if someone could bring me a bottle of Jack Daniels so I could drink it in front of you." - at a press conference, 1987.

"There's no stage big enough fo rme - i like to stretch the stage, to push it to its limit. I'm always trying to get across- to communicate."

"The biggest hit that you get, is when you're in teh rom. Paying. And the music comes. And you dohn't know where it comes from, and youdon't know where it's going, and that's the moment. And.... that really pays your wages..." Feb 1992

"I'm interested in the menal conflict of a relationship. A lot of our songs are rooted in that. People have said that I'm obsessed with borders and I suppose I am, although it has never been soething conscious. But there can be a lot of different kinds of borders - physical, national, sexual or spiritual, and there are elements of them all in U2 songs." March 1987.

"If I am an icon I think I must be a very bad icon. People mistake the music for the musicians. What's special about U2 is the music, not the musician. I and the others are just ordinary people and our trade is to make music. Somebody else's is to build houses or work in a factory or teach. We're just getting to grips with our trade as songwriters." march 1987.

"I think if there's a difference between the art and the artist there's something up" Nov 1984

"I talk too much. I don't talk too much when I'm with people that I believe in and they believe in me." nov 1984.

"I warn you, I am completely unable to explain myself at times....even to string three words together can be hard, and this can be tragic if people think you supposedly have a gift of the gab. These days I feel like I've got less and less to say. Something's happened that kind of changed my point of view, which is that I've really got interested in this idea of the song.. It's like out of the air, with a guitar or piano and three or four chords, you just say all you have to say and it's incredible. It's just something that never even dawned on me before.. I'm a songwriter, why don't I shut up!" June 1985

"there's as much fear on our records as there is faith." Jan 1985

"I think the music is much better than the musician, but also the audience is as much applauding itself as us. One of the things people forget about these large concerts is that the audience have heard the records, it knows the songs from the radio and the music has become part of their lives. When they hear those songs their own selves are caught up in them and they are in some way applauding the connection" June 1985.

------------------
"You just stretch it out and realise
a whisper can be louder than a scream." ~Bono

*U2TakeMeHigher*

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:

"I print the lyrics on the record sleeves becasue I don't think that as a singer I'm clear enough. There was a fantastic Japanese translation I have to tell you about of a song called "out of control." I think the opening line - it's not great poetry but it was the opening line and I wrote it on my 18th birthday. I think it was "monday morning, 18 years, how long" and the Japanese translation was "Monday morning knitting ears of gold"

"I talk too much. I don't talk too much when I'm with people that I believe in and they believe in me." nov 1984.

Thanks for finding these and typing them out. They were great to read. The Japanese translation is just down right funny and the other brings me back to the one and only time I ever talked to Bono.

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" -Dec 1987

Well, it was never supposed to be an "orgy." But Mona, Julie, and all of them... they just wouldn't leave Bono and I alone. So we made do.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

"I am still learning the trappings of stardom. I punched a security guard over there and it felt prety good. I'm wondering if someone could bring me a bottle of Jack Daniels so I could drink it in front of you." - at a press conference, 1987.

ROFL!!!

Thanks for the great quotes Olive! *steals*

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

lol...this reminds me of another Japanese translation of theirs.....apparently "I've Got You Under My Skin" in Jap comes out as "I've Got You Under My Chicken"
smile.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

"I think the world is not ready for a book of my poetry. I wrote a poem about Elvis. I think if you're going to write poetry it should be about Elvis."

*writes poem about Elvis*

Does he say anything in there about men being like pine tree car fresheners???
Loveth random Bono ramblings

------------------
Proud owner & lover *munch munch*(of the now late) Larry cookie

Originally posted by Ali Rose:
*writes poem about Elvis*

Does he say anything in there about men being like pine tree car fresheners???
Loveth random Bono ramblings

I'll keep my eye out for it.

Here are some more
smile.gif

"My father, who I love very much, is one of those guys who believes what he reads"

"WHen we started it was hard to get the Edge to play aggressively. He is a gentleman and he plays guitar like a gentleman." -feb 1982

"Edge doesn't know a lot of the chords he plays. He makes them up. They don't have names." march 1987

"Edge is Welsh and a very proud Welshman. I fell in love with a Welsh girl when I was 15 and she left me for a milkman. She was probably right."

"Early on, where we'd play the Dublin Dandelion Market, or Belfast, or Cork.. it was out of the '77 explosion we came,
and the idea of being on-stage and being a star was something that us 16 year olds found repugnant. I suppose as a result of that I alasy felt when I was on-stage that I had to acknolwedge that it was a little preposterous. So I'd end up in the audience. Mar 1987

"It's almost impossible to be married and on the road, but Ali is able to make it work. A year went by and wehn I hardly saw her at all. I was coming in when she was walking out the door. Still she's a very strong person and she doesn't take any shit from me."

"THe name U2 is ambigious, it's in-between.... like the tightrope that we're treading. June 1980

"what can happen is that you turn just a circle instead of the spiral. I look at a spiral so that we can get higher. I look at it like a tower with people all around. If you're at the bottom, only the ones nearest can hear you. You've got to climb higher for those further back. It's just as important to reach those people, they might have heard less good music, they might have nine to five jobs. I think success and buildnig it up is important. You must always climb. It can be a routine to climb, but i see it like a spiral, getting higher, or else it can be a circle where you're staying at the bottom, just
touring/album making/touring/album making..." June 1980

"Our biggest problem getting to a bigger audience is that we don't look a certain way, we don't fit into a little box. We're not a ska group or something that's easy to digest. But the fact that we're not easy to digest means we stick in the throat and a lump in the throat has far more guts to it. I believe ultimately.... I don't knwo what I believe ultimately, but I know it's good that we're not easily digested. Feb 1981

"There is a natural friction, a wonderful friction. I don't think our egos are self-egos; we've a band ego. I can say to the
Edge, "I don't like that thing you've just played" and he doesn't go, "And I don't like what you've just done", he goes, "You must be right otherwise you wouldn't have said it." Feb 1982.

"We may well be the future of rock'n' roll, but so what?" March 1982

"Sometimes when we're song writing we get the feeling we're actually channelling for some creative thing that's happening. It's like writers sometimes say it's in the air. They literally just pull things down." Oct 1984

"People charge u swith being traditional and it gets up my nose. Why are people so concerned about changing the face of music, when the face is really only a facade? LIke there's Bruce workin w/in traditional American rock'n'roll and he says so much more than so many other people . He says more with a scream than so many people do with pages and pages of words." Nov 1984

"What has kept us together? Fear of our manager!" Feb 1987

------------------

*U2TakeMeHigher*

Here are some more
smile.gif

"WHen we started it was hard to get the Edge to play aggressively. He is a gentleman and he plays guitar like a gentleman." -feb 1982

"Edge doesn't know a lot of the chords he plays. He makes them up. They don't have names." march 1987

"Edge is Welsh and a very proud Welshman. I fell in love with a Welsh girl when I was 15 and she left me for a milkman. She was probably right."

***aaaawwww*** major edgie fuzzies!!!!
new03.jpg

very cool quotes Carrie!! even edgie thinks so!
A_062.jpg

girl! find some quotes about Adam for me!!!!
smile.gif

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by sparkys girl:

girl! find some quotes about Adam for me!!!!
smile.gif

Ohh that's a very nice Edge pic!!

There was only one new Adam quote (so far)

"Adam Clayton.. if it wasn't for Adam Clayton, I wouldn' tbe in U2. Adam Clayton found Paul McGuinness, our manager, Adam Clayton booked our first gigs. I owe so much to him. He's totally committed to being in U2. For a few years I didn't know whether I watned to be in a band and U2 didn't know. We thought we might break up. It was after 'Boy', which I thougth was a great album. I lost interest. I had less interest in being in U2 and more of an interest in other sides of me.. whether I was talking to a Catholic priest in the inner city or a Pentecostal preacher I was sucking up whatever they had to say. I was interested in that third dimensional side o fme and I thougth rock'n'roll was a bit of a waste of space.

"I thought, okay, U2 were good at being in a band, but maybe we could be better at doing other things, real things like getting involved in the inner city or something. Not just pointing out the problems, but trying to sort them out. We were teetering on the brink of collapse.

"Adam was completely heartbroken about this. He was totally disillusioned because he was more interested in other spirits like whiskey or tequila or anything else he could lay his hands on. I'm all right now, I've come to terms with being in a band... I think now this is what we do best." March 1987

biggrin.gif
Bono rambling for sure.. LOl

------------------

*U2TakeMeHigher*

I love The Edge.
biggrin.gif

"Adam Clayton.. if it wasn't for Adam Clayton, I wouldn't be in U2. Adam Clayton found Paul McGuinness, our manager, Adam Clayton booked our first gigs. I owe so much to him. He's totally committed to being in U2.

I love Adam Clayton, too.
biggrin.gif

is there anythign better than Bono sarcasm?!?!
*i'm going to use this quote, if ya don't mind!!*

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

Those are great-thanks for typing those all out for us
smile.gif
I should get that book.

I really like this one-food for thought , I'd say...

If I am an icon I think I must be a very bad icon. People mistake the music for the musicians. What's special about U2 is the music, not the musician. I and the others are just ordinary people and our trade is to make music. Somebody else's is to build houses or work in a factory or teach. We're just getting to grips with our trade as songwriters." march 1987.

I'm sure he still feels the same way
smile.gif

HeHe!!!!! ****FUZZIES****

------------------
Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
And the day is as dark as the night is long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

some interesting ones here about the albums...

"I can't listen to anything from the early Eighties because I sound like a girl and that offends my machismo. ..... The groups that people were excited about were cool whereas we were hot and passionate, operatic or whatever it was. Rather than being gothic we went more ecstatic and I had a haircut that launched a million 2nd division soccer players and.. well, one in teh 1st division. But we really didn't know what we were doing and we were coming from such a completely different planet. When I listen back, I can see what was good about them, but I see an awful lot of unfinished songs, songs I wished I had finished. But the band sounded great."

"..and the ironic thing about October is that there's a kind of peace about the album even though it was recorded under that pressure' - Feb 1982

"War is not a negative LP. I mean, I'm in love and there is a lot of love in the album. A song like NYD might be about war and struggle, but it is also about love. It is about having fath to break through and survive against all the odds. Love is a very powerful thing. There's nothing more radical that two people loving each other.
I think that love stands out when set against a struggle. That's probably the power of a record in a nutshell. The album is about the struggle for love, not about war in the negative sense. I would be failing if I made War sound like a gloomy album becasue it's not. I hope it's an uplifting album.
Some love songs devalue the meaning of the word. Disco bands turn it into a cliche by tearing it down until it means nothing. THe power of love is always more striking when set against realism than when set against escapism." Feb 83

re: war "I could see how it might have sounded like a finger pointing, and of course we've never pointed a figner at anyone, apart from ourselves. That voice was very angry. I didn't realize I was so tense" Oct 84

"I don't want to be so deep that people have to drown to relate to me." -- Bono, 1987

"..war could be the story of a broken home, a family at war. Instead of putting tanks and guns on the cover we've put a child's face. 'War' can also be a mental thing, an emotional thing between lovers. It doesn't have to be a physical thing. There is such a thing as mental war. We're fascinated by all the different aspects and connotations" -Feb 83

"It was really difficult, that period after War. It was awful. I was a madman. You know what they do to terrorists in N. Ireland? They put brown paper bags over their heads, they put them in rooms where they can't stand up or sit down with their legs stretched out, they keep the light on 24 hours a day so they don't know what time it is or whether it's night or day.
When you become a piece of luggage, when you're on the road, you can sometimes lose track of yourself. Completely and utterly. You become lost in time and space. You walk out on to a stage, you give of yourself for an hour and a half, and the applause that comes back is uplifting, but sometimes it's anonymous. You leave the venue and I need to talk to people afterwards, I need for that applause to be personified in some way so I can get a grip on what's been going on. But if you don't, you end up going back into this empty space in your hotel room... a bit like the guy with the paper bag over his head." -Jan 1985.

re: SBS "I was trying to contrast - and imagine trying to pull this one off- Easter Sunday and Bloody Sunday"

"I was at a demonstration at Columbia U, the other week. it was a hunger strike against what's been happening in South Africa. I went down tehre and found that Pride was on their tape; they were listening to it in their sleeping bags in the pissing rain and that gave me some encouragement..... I'm also very pleased because a lot of our fans have been getting involved in things like famine relief organisations and anti-nuclear movements. People just feeling, 'Yeah, I'm going to find my place in this.' That's their place, offstage." May 1985

"The Joshua Tree- it's almost impossible for me to explain that seriously, for me to take myself as seriously as that. There are many reasons for it. Inevitably, we're going to have to lie a lot" Mar 1987

"On this record I'm interested in a lot of primitive symbolism, almost Biblical. Some people choose to use red, some people choose turquoise. Some people like lavender. I like red." mar 1987

Here are some more I typed out... at the end he talks about the fans :heart: I bolded every other to make it easier to read.

"In the song WOWY when it says 'and you give yourself away' everybody else in the group knows what that means. It's about how I feel in U2 at times - exposed."

"WOWY, it's a great single...God almight, I hope it gets into the Top 10, I really do. It's a classic 45." mar 87

"I was so scared that the record has been so BIG and we would enter Kevin and Sharon territory- that we'd attract an audience that is just into big bands like the Stones and Queen and arent' really a partisan audience. Even at Wembley we found this just wasn't the case. We found out there was still a U2 audience, people who had been to the first gigs, people that had bougth 'boy', people who were growing with us, changing with us. I only hope they will be with us next year." Dec 87

"I'm dependent on music in a way. In writing words and music I'm attempting to idenfity myself. We're all trying to find out who we are and music is like that for me. I find that I almost hld on to it in avery desperate way. I want to reveal the dark side as well as the light side of who I am. " Oct 88

"Desire is about ambition... the ambition to be in a band. You don't join a band to save the world but to save your own arse adn get off the street. You want to play to the crowd rather than be in the crowd. I wanted to own up to all this because people loook at U2 and see all these pure motives - but we started off being in a band for the most impure motvies. We started off through just being bored at school. W edidn't want to get a job in a factory or work for the govt. We didn't want to be school teachers or join the army or whatever. People get in bands for all the wrong reasons, not the right reasons" Oct 88

"Sun Studios is a remarkable place. I mean, really, there are all these photographs of Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash.. this is the room where rockn'roll was born! And it was a totally mindlbowing privilege to be playing there. In fact I'm embarrassed to say this, but I saw this old mic in the corner and I asked the producer if I could use it, and he said, "Elvis used this mike but it doesn't work now." So I said, 'Are you sure?' so he plugged it in and it worked! It really did work! And actually - this sounds like total bullshit, but it's the truth - 'AOH' was recorded singing through Elvis' mike! I only wish I could sing like Elvis" Nov 88

"Hawkmoon's my favorite, the last few seconds of that scare the shit out of me. And God Part II, the Edge's guitar." 89

"Our audience has proved to be an elastic kind of audience. They're into the where-to-next kind of appraoch. They're one step ahead of us in some ways. Rather than have to lead the audience around by the nose we get the sense that they're right behind us every step of the way. We thought if we stripped away the U2 sound completely, if we immersed ourselves in gospel music, country, soul...we're bound to shake off at least 50% of U2 fans: they can't cope with this. But they really could. We might have teh most elastic audience when you think of what we've gone through in the last 5 years. As long as teh songs are good they'll go with us all the way. When we start writing shit songs then I'll know it's over" 89

"If people didn't like RH they won't like what's coming. I don't mean that in musical terms - I mean that we're going to continue to put our records in that kind of way. We've started to make records now for ourselves and for our audience who do listen very carefully to all our records and who do spot the subtleties. We're the Grateful Dead of the nineties." Nov 91

"I wish SBS wasn't in the film in one sense. In another sense I stand by everything i said because it was the truth. It was teh way we felt, on that day, on that night. It's more of a tribute to Phil Joanou than it is to me 'cos he talked us into it and, personally, I'm not sure that we'll ever play that song again. That's the way I feel about it. I've just about had it up to here with SBS as a song and the weight it carries" Nov 88

"I just can't beleive that we've finished the record and that it's out. That's what's amazing to me, because we've been working on it for about a year and you forget that when it's out people are going to be listening to it in the kind of way they are. It's been really amazing to hear people singing the songs and getting lost in the music. I really love that, it's great" Nov 91 (AB)

"The album wasn't an easy ride for listeners, when they first bought it. But, isn't that what r&r should be right now, is a bit awkward, a bit hard to digest. I mean, we live in this junk food generation, where everytrhing is so nice, and it's air brushed - adn you, you know, it's easily digested - and teh way I look at it, it's just as easy to spit it out. And I think that r&r shouldn't be so easily explained - it should take a while. You know, it shouldn't be on a plate." Mar 92

"There's a station in Berlin.. Zoo Bahnhof, which was the link between the East and the West. And it was where all the immigrants came through on their shopping sprees into West Berlin. It was also where a lot of hookers hung out and a lot of deals were done. And it just so happened that one of th elines running into the tube-station part of it was teh U2 line and we couldn't resist the chance to follow that line" - on Hansa Studios Feb 92

"I started writing the songs that became AB in Sydney. There was a woman living in the apt. opposite I used to watch when I'd come in at six, seven in the morning. She was overweight, had apunk haircut, and used to get home around the same time I did. I made up a whole life for her- that she ran a punk club, that her parents financed it for her. I started watching her through a telescope. We excuse a lot in the name of reconnaissance! One night I was watching her and I happneed to look two windows above her. There was another woman with another telescope watching me! I was furious! I was so offended, I jumped up and called her a bitch and pulled the curtains shut." May 95

"And humor and laughter, to me, is the proof of the presence of freedom" Aug 93

"Lemon looks at the power of imagination, the mind taking off in two different directions - in a STudio 54, Disco Duck setting. The falsetto was completely natural. I've always felt there was a fat woman trying to burst out of me. Don't know what Freud would make of that!" Sep 93

"I'm like a clown, calling people to the stage.. it's like putting a magnet to iron filings, drawing them in. And once they are in position, you can feed them, give them what you have. We give and people look, and we give all... adn that can affect people's emotions; so we get a sensitive audience, people who are aware. You see, I might be a hero on-stage, but off-stage I'm an anti-hero. So you've got this hero image, which is r&r, and the reality, where I meet the fans afterwards and I can't talk 'cause I get embarrassed." Nov 1979

"Our belief in the people who come to see us is very strong. That's what's important about our relationship with our audience" Feb 82

"The concert in the RDS was teh most successful concert of its size I've ever been at in Dublin. There was such an atmosphwere of celebration, from the front rows to the back. That kind of feeling between band and audience always leaves me breathless" Jan 82

madonna's child said:

Well, it was never supposed to be an "orgy." But Mona, Julie, and all of them... they just wouldn't leave Bono and I alone. So we made do.

[color=royal blue]

LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

SSSSSHHHHH I THOUGHT WE AGREED NOT TO TELLL!!!!!!

Anyway, Julie's 18.

So......just you and me. More Bono to--

O_O

I'ma stop talking now.

Sshhhhhh ;)

I am seriously LOL
[/color]

"I was at this gig once in Ireland, and I was in the Gents trying to have a pee and there was this guy standing behind me staring and I just couldn't get it to happen. Anyway, I finally did, so just as I'm leaving he turns to me and says, 'Stage fright, eh Bono?'" Nov 1984

"I think the music is much better than the musician, but also the audience is as much applauding itself as us. One of the things people forget about these large concerts is that the audience have heard the records, it knows the songs from the radio and the music has become part of their lives. When they hear those songs their own selves are caught up in them and they are in some way applauding the connection" June 1985.

THAT is the EXACT way I feel about crowds...I mean if you take the time to look around at a show like U2...everyone is listening to the same song...but NO ONE is in the same place...I just think that is so cool.

Like at the Baltimore show, when Bono was improvising lyrics to Knocking on Heavens Door, he said something to the effect of "If God looks down now, he's smilin', but God you can look down now, NONE OF US WILL BE HERE!

And it was so true...the whole audience seemed to be caught in this emotional wave...all of us were standing in that arena...but none of us were there...it was beyond words.

*chills*

hey fishy that's beautiful

here are some more,

"U2 is just natural, we're reallly just four
people - within ourselves we have a very strong
relationship, like a love between the band which
spreads to the crew, our sound engineer, to the
management, even to the record company, and then
spreads into the audience." Feb 1982

"I believe that there is a logic and a reason for
everything. If I didn't believe that and thought
that everything was simply down to chance, then
I'd really be afraid. I wouldn't cross the road
for fear of being run over." Feb 1983

"The traffic is very fast here in London - the
lights go green, and wham! they move off. In
Dublin they'll cough, scratch and then away they
go. It's like Dublin's in a constant state of
amber." Nov 1979

"It's a funny thing but rock'n'roll bands know an
awful lot about hotels and we spotted one in
Dublin which was in danger of closing down. It
was the only place in Dublin which would serve
Gavin Friday when he used to wear dresses in the
hay day of punk and we have a sort of sentimental
attachment to it, so we bought it. It's called
The Clarence."

"When people come through the doors at one of our
gigs there's a tension there- then when we play
there's a kind of unity takes over. People walk
out drenched in sweat, excited, talking to each
other." Feb 82

"I don't like music unless it has a healing
effect. I don't like it when people leave
concerts still feeling edgy. I want people to
leave our concerts feeling positive, a little
more free. Things might look very gloomy but
there is always hope." Feb 83

"When I started the year I had a chin I
preferred, two shoulders that worked, a voice
that could sing and most of my sanityh. 1987
(has) been like going on Magic Mountain. You
don't really want to do it, yet you still get on
and it's completely dark inside. I've thought of
a few chicken exits along the way this year.
Particularly when I busted my shoulder. Dealing
with 50-70,000 people is hard enough with two
arms! In Boston I stopped the show and offered
people their money back. I've felt like that a
lot. There's been times when I've gone up to the
promoter and said, 'Listen, this has all been a
big mistake. Let's call the whole thing off.'"
Dec 1987

hold me

"The stage is but a platform shoe after all - all it doees is make us look bigger. I think dressing up as the devil was great and I enjoyed every minute of it. In face I miss the old bird. It was an amazing thing actually, a woman called Eunice Schreiber who set up the Special Olympics, she's one of the Kennedys and an Irish American, I suppose, she came to one of our shows, and she's 70 something or other.
"She used to always come and see U2 shows, and she's very up on Irish politics, literature, in fact anything anywhere. She's a pretty sharp lady and she said to us after the show, 'You know, I used to go to U2 shows and I just saw this band of angels and tonight I saw these devils as well as the angels on stage. I think I liked it better. It was a fairer fight.'"
:angel: :mac:

"I can't walk out on a stage unless I believe it's going to be the best of my whole life."
:bono:

oliveu2cm said:

"I started writing the songs that became AB in Sydney. There was a woman living in the apt. opposite I used to watch when I'd come in at six, seven in the morning. She was overweight, had apunk haircut, and used to get home around the same time I did. I made up a whole life for her- that she ran a punk club, that her parents financed it for her. I started watching her through a telescope. We excuse a lot in the name of reconnaissance! One night I was watching her and I happneed to look two windows above her. There was another woman with another telescope watching me! I was furious! I was so offended, I jumped up and called her a bitch and pulled the curtains shut." May 95

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! i love this one:lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom