Bono Sometimes Hoodie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beezd26

The Fly
I wasn't quite sure where to post this but just wanted to share this with everyone. So when I saw the SYCMIOYO video, I fell in love with Bono's hoodie. I tried to find it online with no luck, so I decided I would make it myself. So after days and countless hours of work I have finally finished it, just in time for the Chicago shows. It'll be paired with the Africa shirt Bono has been wearing this tour as well, which I also made. Yeah I have no life, but I love to craft.

hoodie.jpg

Came out really good! - what did you use, silver paint, sequins?? Please tell. I made one with white fabric paint and crystals, not really happy with it, I like the shape of your wings much better - Its really nice!

seajewel said:
Came out really good! - what did you use, silver paint, sequins?? Please tell. I made one with white fabric paint and crystals, not really happy with it, I like the shape of your wings much better - Its really nice!

I actually used a variety of seed beads sewed each little one on. It took a long time but very much worth the effort. To get the shape of the wings I took a still from the Sometimes video enlarged it in photoshop and made a pattern. I'm probably going to go back and add some more beads, but I just wanted to get it to a place so I could wear it to the Chicago shows. Where its at now is a good month of work but I could have finished it in 2 weeks if I sewed for like 3 hours a day. I have no discipline

beezd26 said:

I actually used a variety of seed beads sewed each little one on. It took a long time but very much worth the effort. To get the shape of the wings I took a still from the Sometimes video enlarged it in photoshop and made a pattern. I'm probably going to go back and add some more beads, but I just wanted to get it to a place so I could wear it to the Chicago shows. Where its at now is a good month of work but I could have finished it in 2 weeks if I sewed for like 3 hours a day. I have no discipline

wow - that's alot of work, that's why it looks so great, enjoy wearing it!

I looked everywhere for one of those hoodies too. I'm not that good of an artist that I could make my own. Yours is beautiful!

I WANT ONE!!
(how much$$$$$?)

That looks GREAT, congratulations on a job well done! :rockon:

If Bono sees you with that on in concert, he´s gonna strip you! LOL

You did one hell of a job! Congratulations it looks just like the one that Bono wears in the video. Have fun at the Chicago show I will be there on the 21st! woohoo! lol. Hope Bono is able to at least catch a glimpse of your hoodie.

apparently this place is really good at custom made tops and hoodies
they should be for that price though.

http://neighborhoodies.com/

by the way - the top you made is AWESOME!

Last edited:
Sorry to be bumping a thread that's practically dead... but your hoodie came out amazing, well done! Would you still happen to have the still/pattern you used? I want to try making one of my own, but the only version of the SYCMIOYO video I have is from iTunes, and distorts when you enlarge it.

Back
Top Bottom