bono smoking question (yet again!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
a quick question. has anyone ever seen (pic or in person) Bono smoke an actual white ciggrette? the only ones i've ever seen him smoke are those brown cigar/ciggrette things. what are there names again? are they consdiered a cigar or a cigrette? can you buy packs of them? any other brands of ciggrettes that b-man has been known to smoke?

I know nothing about ciggarettes....so I can't tell ya much.
flywithcig.jpg

There was a picture of him recently (last six months) in which you could spot a package of real cigarettes protruding from the pocket of his coat. I can see the image in my head, but the painkillers I'm on are preventing me from accessing the 'where' and 'when' in the foggy recesses of my mind. I'm sure one of the kindly PLEBAns will find it for you.:wink:
As well, there have been numerous references over the years to his smoking cigarettes, as opposed to those little cigars.

apparantley he doesnt smoke them anymore because he got admitted into hospital and the doctor said his voice was under threat so he gave them up! just like that!

Awhile back, about a year ago, I think, Bono got himself in trouble by lighting up in the Clarence in the bar where it's not legal to do this. I think a cop gave him a dirty look and he snuffed the offending object out, and that was that.

bono_gal said:
apparantley he doesnt smoke them anymore because he got admitted into hospital and the doctor said his voice was under threat so he gave them up! just like that!

Not for long.

sallycinnamon78 said:
Meanwhile, I am a hypocrite, as I smoke 20 a day. :(

I've never smoked myself, but I do have friends who have tried time after time to quit... So, I know it's EXTREMELY hard. :(

So, wishing Bono would quit is probably easier said than done. It just saddens me because, apart from smoking affecting his health, his voice IS his instrument.

i have the "Rolling Stones Special Edition U2 the Complete Archival Collection" and Bono says, " My girls give me kisses and I thought it was just because they loved me and i found out they were checking if i was smoking." that is what he says on page 77

hay said:
i have the "Rolling Stones Special Edition U2 the Complete Archival Collection" and Bono says, " My girls give me kisses and I thought it was just because they loved me and i found out they were checking if i was smoking." that is what he says on page 77

Um, Bono, they DO love you, that's why they're checking to see if you're smoking! They want to keep you around for a good long time! So for their sakes and your own, please, please, PLEASE quit smoking!!! :scream:

If a daughter's love could make her father quit smoking, my dad would still be alive today... :sad:

Sue DeNym said:

Um, Bono, they DO love you, that's why they're checking to see if you're smoking! They want to keep you around for a good long time! So for their sakes and your own, please, please, PLEASE quit smoking!!! :scream:

If a daughter's love could make her father quit smoking, my dad would still be alive today... :sad:

:hug:

that recent picture of him with a pack of Marlboro Lights it looked like visible in his unzipped chest pocket was from Davos I believe, the world economic summit thingie. Maybe he just smokes when he's in stressful situations like that these days, interviews, speechs etc. Or away from his girls and boys, so he doesn't have to deal with them scolding him. I've smoked on and off for years, it's so fucking hard to quit totally.
What I was curious about was the report that *larry* was met by someone smoking outside the waldorf for the RRHOF event...I didn't know *he* ever smoked!
anyway, cheers all..

Bono really needs 2 take in doctors advice n stuff coz last time he was admitted they said he wud lose his voice!!

sorry sue deNym by the way, same thing 4 me only it was my nan :sad:

Back
Top Bottom