bono sleeves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candys room

The Fly
i have been doin the bono sleeve thing with my left arm sinse i was a kid, and id never noticed bonos sleeves untill i came here does anyone know why ppl do this with there sleeves, i have only seen 2 famous ppl with there sleeves over their hands (as a habit not for warmth or anything)and thats bono and gary oldman, are there any psychological reasons behind it, you know like a security/comforter thing?

Originally posted by candys room:
i have been doin the bono sleeve thing with my left arm sinse i was a kid, and id never noticed bonos sleeves untill i came here does anyone know why ppl do this with there sleeves, i have only seen 2 famous ppl with there sleeves over their hands (as a habit not for warmth or anything)and thats bono and gary oldman, are there any psychological reasons behind it, you know like a security/comforter thing?

It must be like a security blanket or something.Or convenience if you have no tissues *sorry, gross, I know*

And I thought of another 'sleeve' person-Jennifer Love Hewitt.

On that show Party Of Five, she did that all the time-it became like her trademark.

I actually have the same habit. Guess I do it to keep my hands warn. Can?t put them in my pockets, cause they are usually full of other stuff.

And it doesn?t constrain you as much as when you have your hands in your pockets.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I think it is a comforter/security blanket thing. I read in the U2@TEOTW book that he was telling the writer that he got nervous because everyone always stared at him, and that was one of the reasons he smoked, to have something to do with his hands, because when he was nervous he had habits like playing with silverware or twisting a piece of his hair. He has allegedly stopped smoking, so maybe this is his new comfort habit. It's cute, but he doesn't have to be nervous, we are staring but we love what we see! He's beautiful!
smile.gif

------------------
~some days are better than others~

I have never noticed this sleeve thing, and was always wondering what WildHonee was talking about. Can someone post a sleeve picture as an example???

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
I have never noticed this sleeve thing, and was always wondering what WildHonee was talking about. Can someone post a sleeve picture as an example???

Your wish is my command. ANY excuse to post this one.

Simply gorgeous...

100268.jpg

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:

You have just been paying too much attention to Edge! We Bono watchers noticed this a lot. Here he is with them pulled down over his hands, sometimes he squeezes them with his fingers too. ***DROOL****HOT pic BTW
biggrin.gif

bo-all32.jpg

Congratulations Candys you're an acrobat now!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~some days are better than others~

[This message has been edited by SamanthaPuff (edited 09-26-2001).]

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Or convenience if you have no tissues *sorry, gross, I know*
STOP!
smile.gif
You always bring that up Gina! *nose goblins*

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Just because I love his sleeves and the way he "holds them up". Here is another pic of this amazing habit.
smile.gif

7153759.jpg

I just love it, specially when he gets really emotional and keeps squeezing his sleeves so his fingers turn white. Ahhh... *nearly faints*

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

BOOONNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol me and my best friend today at lunch:

Katie: I need help with Precal!

Mona: Mona + Bono = 500 children forever and ever amen

Katie: you're disgusting! Bone-o (thats how she says it) is an old man! And larry's gay!

Mona: It's not Bone-o, It's Bono.

Katie: Well if he's having 500 kids I think he's gotta be Bone-o!

I died!

P.S. I love Bono's sleeves. I wish I had shorter arms so I could do that more often. *tug tug*

------------------
~*Mona*~

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

LOL. It's a security thing, at least it is for me. I also almost always have a coat of some kind on when I'm out just for that reason and I also pull my sleeves over my hands. I don't know why it's comforting, it just is. most of my longer sleeved shirts actually have little thumb holes in them.
Even confident people need their blankies so we CAN be confident.
-Bluey

Originally posted by blueeyes:

Even confident people need their blankies so we CAN be confident.
*wants to be Bono's comfort object*

P.S. I had a thumb hole in my jean jacket but then my mom sewed it up! I'm so mad. I might just go and rip it up again. Gr.

------------------
~*Mona*~

heh...I've been noticing Bono's long sleeves for quite awhile, and think it's adorable!
smile.gif
I love longer sleeves too, but I have long arms, so unless I happen to buy a guy's shirt (HINT, girls: MEN'S SHIRTS!), the sleeves the sleeves are just typical.

Today I *was* Bono at work...found a great shirt with extra long sleeves...until the end of the day when I looked at the cuffs and...GAH!!! Filthy!!! Bleah...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Bono's sleeves aren't really too long, he just pulls on them until his jacket moves a little off his shoulders and the sleeves move down some. He is so precious!

------------------
"Belief goes on and on, in this Heartland"~~

I bought a new black shirt, and the sleeves are too long...and I've discovered that I like havin' sleeves that are too long. It's my fave shirt.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Back
Top Bottom