Bono signs in as.....??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A department store? I thought surely he'd use something with a little more flair...

Ya know, if you don't care why do you bother posting? It only makes you look bad.

(i know this is completely irrelevant but u2dork your picture truely is one of the funniest things. rock on the muppets!)

Yes i thought bono would use some sort of riddle, or play on words. Something only the real fan or friend would spot!

Hibbyface said:

That's quite a cheek coming from someone who doesn't even listen to U2 anymore, and yet is an incessant poster on this forum. :huh:

Believe it or not, there are other things to talk about at Interference that are not related to U2. And even though I don't really listen to U2 anymore, I still enjoy seeing what they're up to.

I just don't see why Bono's hotel sign in name is important in the bigger scheme of things.

dsmith2904 said:
Since that story was posted in several publications around the world a few years back, I'd imagine Bono has changed his pseudo-name (to quote Edge).

Most likely. So what name should he use? That could be fun to ponder. :hmm:

I would hope for a really bad play on words.... Bono Fide,
Sunny Sonny Bono, Bono Venture..... (Sorry!):nerd:

positive8.jpg

GibsonGirl said:

Believe it or not, there are other things to talk about at Interference that are not related to U2.

Believe it or not, the EYKIW forum is devoted to discussion about U2.

Man, I was hoping this thread was going to be a list of Bono's AIM screenames or something. I had this guy IM me way back in 1997 or whatever, his name was like HEWSON1960 or something, I mean he had some numbers after his name, and he said he was Bono. Even though I was only like nine at the time I had my doubts, but he did tell me to get The Joshua Tree, so I did (at the time all I had was Pop). So thanks, random Bono-guy.

But if Bono was really on IM he'd probably have some name like, I don't know, SaveAfricaNow or something. Unless he was on MSN Messanger, then he could use one of his speeches as his username. I swear, you can have a whole fucking novel as your name on MSN Messanger. What is that even about.

AtomicBono said:

Believe it or not, the EYKIW forum is devoted to discussion about U2.

I wasn't aware of that, thanks. :up:

Boy, do I love these dry U2 spells.

AtomicBono said:

Man, I was hoping this thread was going to be a list of Bono's AIM screenames or something. I had this guy IM me way back in 1997 or whatever, his name was like HEWSON1960 or something, I mean he had some numbers after his name, and he said he was Bono. Even though I was only like nine at the time I had my doubts, but he did tell me to get The Joshua Tree, so I did (at the time all I had was Pop). So thanks, random Bono-guy.

:lol: Your story telling skills are:drool: worthy.

I like the part of A Grand Madness when they're all fighting about who used to use which supermodel's name as their hotel aliases. :lol: Best U2 interview on film, IMO.

GibsonGirl said:

I wasn't aware of that, thanks. :up:

Boy, do I love these dry U2 spells.

Dude. You're going in circles. First of all, I agree with U2dork - simply posting to say you don't care is completely absurd and makes you look ridiculous. When someone calls you on it, you do a 360 and leave a snarky remark because you can't argue with their logic. This is a U2 forum - I think any kind of U2 discussion is legit here, even if the topic isn't at the top if your personal ladder of importance.

It's like me going into, say, a Boston Legal thread - a show I don't watch, btw - and posting, "And?" and "Who gives a crap about this show?" You see? It wouldn't make any sense for me to do that. If I'm not interested in a topic, I just choose not to comment on it. It's pretty simple.

[/rant]
<--needs some sleep

Last edited:
SpaceOddity said:

Dude. You're going in circles. First of all, I agree with U2dork - simply posting to say you don't care is completely absurd and makes you look ridiculous. When someone calls you on it, you do a 360 and leave a snarky remark because you can't argue with their logic. This is a U2 forum - I think any kind of U2 discussion is legit here, even if the topic isn't at the top if your personal ladder of importance.

It's like me going into, say, a Boston Legal thread - a show I don't watch, btw - and posting, "And?" and "Who gives a crap about this show?" You see? It wouldn't make any sense for me to do that. If I'm not interested in a topic, I just choose not to comment on it. It's pretty simple.

[/rant]
<--needs some sleep

No, I see what you're saying, and I agree, I was out of line originally. However, I just want to clarify something - I did not leave my comment simply because I don't care much for U2's music anymore. I left it mainly because this section of the forum is dedicated to more "newsworthy" kind of U2 things and/or discussion of the albums and songs. Discussion of Bono's hotel sign in name sounds like more of a PLEBA kind of thing to me. If you've actually read some of my other posts in EYKIW, you'll see that they are nothing at all like the situation you outlined above.

GibsonGirl said:

Believe it or not, there are other things to talk about at Interference that are not related to U2.

Like how the habs lost last night? :wink:

At least they aren't down 3-0 like my Rangers :sad:

GibsonGirl said:

No, I see what you're saying, and I agree, I was out of line originally. However, I just want to clarify something - I did not leave my comment simply because I don't care much for U2's music anymore. I left it mainly because this section of the forum is dedicated to more "newsworthy" kind of U2 things and/or discussion of the albums and songs. Discussion of Bono's hotel sign in name sounds like more of a PLEBA kind of thing to me. If you've actually read some of my other posts in EYKIW, you'll see that they are nothing at all like the situation you outlined above.

Congrats! on being so intellectually above everyone else on here.:applaud:

So the question remains....what becomes of Bono's used socks.......the ones he discards {no longer uses}....are they sold, given to charity....or does he just hoard them away? :huh:

I don't get this sort of fake sarcasm that many use when they don't like a topic, I mean, it's not an obligation to write something, no one forces you. You don't like the topic? You find it silly? Pass. It's a gratuitous lack of respect. If you think to be too intelligent for such silly threads, go ahead, very simple. Why waste your precious time? Make some intelligent threads like your way to treat other persons....................please..............:tsk:

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

Hey, thanks for responding. I'm pretty much a lurker on these boards, and I have read some of your other posts in this folder. (As for the situation I outlined above, it just happened in this very thread). There are times when you participate in the discussion, but you have to admit, there are lots of other times when you post simply to bemoan the fact that you don't care for U2 anymore. (i.e. the Conan O'Brien repeat thread, that Naomi Campbell video thread, etc). Or where you mock other fans because you think if someone likes HTDAAB or ATYCLB, they're fools or "sheep".

It's funny because I actually agree with the basis of where you're coming from, and it is frustrating to see a band you once loved in a decline (IMO) but I just don't understand why you take the time to remind people that you don't like them anymore. Just... let go. There's no need for the snarkiness, and it's just as irritating to read as any "OMG!-U2-can-do-no-wrong!" post. If you don't like a thread or a topic, just ignore it. I know I've done it a million times myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom