Bono signs in as.....?????? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-28-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JCOSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: It's a very, very mad world.
Posts: 14,971
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Bono signs in as.....??????

While staying in hotels Bono signs in as:

a) W.C. Fields
b) J.C. Penney
c) A.M. Homes
















the answer is B. as per New York Post Online.
__________________

JCOSTER is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 05:37 AM
And?
__________________

GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #3
The Fly
 
Hibbyface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 41
Local Time: 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
And?
That's quite a cheek coming from someone who doesn't even listen to U2 anymore, and yet is an incessant poster on this forum.
Hibbyface is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
U2dork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,852
Local Time: 04:37 AM
A department store? I thought surely he'd use something with a little more flair...


Ya know, if you don't care why do you bother posting? It only makes you look bad.
U2dork is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,841
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Bollocks.


Popmartijn is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 05:00 PM   #6
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,979
Local Time: 10:37 AM
(i know this is completely irrelevant but u2dork your picture truely is one of the funniest things. rock on the muppets!)

Yes i thought bono would use some sort of riddle, or play on words. Something only the real fan or friend would spot!
pgv is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 05:01 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hibbyface


That's quite a cheek coming from someone who doesn't even listen to U2 anymore, and yet is an incessant poster on this forum.
Believe it or not, there are other things to talk about at Interference that are not related to U2. And even though I don't really listen to U2 anymore, I still enjoy seeing what they're up to.

I just don't see why Bono's hotel sign in name is important in the bigger scheme of things.
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 05:16 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dsmith2904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Just keep me where the light is
Posts: 12,290
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Since that story was posted in several publications around the world a few years back, I'd imagine Bono has changed his pseudo-name (to quote Edge).
dsmith2904 is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith2904
Since that story was posted in several publications around the world a few years back, I'd imagine Bono has changed his pseudo-name (to quote Edge).
Most likely. So what name should he use? That could be fun to ponder.
indra is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #10
The Fly
 
DILETTANTE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 160
Local Time: 04:37 AM
I would hope for a really bad play on words.... Bono Fide,
Sunny Sonny Bono, Bono Venture..... (Sorry!)
DILETTANTE is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:37 AM
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #12
Refugee
 
kennerado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lovetown aka Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,906
Local Time: 07:37 PM
I think they mention one name he uses in the conversations book.
kennerado is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 09:14 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life
 
AtomicBono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,486
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


Believe it or not, there are other things to talk about at Interference that are not related to U2.
Believe it or not, the EYKIW forum is devoted to discussion about U2.

Man, I was hoping this thread was going to be a list of Bono's AIM screenames or something. I had this guy IM me way back in 1997 or whatever, his name was like HEWSON1960 or something, I mean he had some numbers after his name, and he said he was Bono. Even though I was only like nine at the time I had my doubts, but he did tell me to get The Joshua Tree, so I did (at the time all I had was Pop). So thanks, random Bono-guy.

But if Bono was really on IM he'd probably have some name like, I don't know, SaveAfricaNow or something. Unless he was on MSN Messanger, then he could use one of his speeches as his username. I swear, you can have a whole fucking novel as your name on MSN Messanger. What is that even about.
AtomicBono is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 09:20 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono


Believe it or not, the EYKIW forum is devoted to discussion about U2.
I wasn't aware of that, thanks.

Boy, do I love these dry U2 spells.
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 09:32 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


I wasn't aware of that, thanks.

Boy, do I love these dry U2 spells.
I hate them its so boringggg
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 10:02 PM   #16
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 59
Local Time: 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono

Man, I was hoping this thread was going to be a list of Bono's AIM screenames or something. I had this guy IM me way back in 1997 or whatever, his name was like HEWSON1960 or something, I mean he had some numbers after his name, and he said he was Bono. Even though I was only like nine at the time I had my doubts, but he did tell me to get The Joshua Tree, so I did (at the time all I had was Pop). So thanks, random Bono-guy.
Your story telling skills are worthy.
nminor is offline  
Old 04-29-2006, 12:50 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,563
Local Time: 05:37 AM
I like the part of A Grand Madness when they're all fighting about who used to use which supermodel's name as their hotel aliases. Best U2 interview on film, IMO.
Liesje is offline  
Old 04-29-2006, 02:31 AM   #18
Refugee
 
WalkOn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A place where the wind calls your name
Posts: 1,052
Local Time: 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono


Unless he was on MSN Messanger, then he could use one of his speeches as his username.
WalkOn21 is offline  
Old 04-29-2006, 04:37 AM   #19
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 409
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


I wasn't aware of that, thanks.

Boy, do I love these dry U2 spells.
Dude. You're going in circles. First of all, I agree with U2dork - simply posting to say you don't care is completely absurd and makes you look ridiculous. When someone calls you on it, you do a 360 and leave a snarky remark because you can't argue with their logic. This is a U2 forum - I think any kind of U2 discussion is legit here, even if the topic isn't at the top if your personal ladder of importance.

It's like me going into, say, a Boston Legal thread - a show I don't watch, btw - and posting, "And?" and "Who gives a crap about this show?" You see? It wouldn't make any sense for me to do that. If I'm not interested in a topic, I just choose not to comment on it. It's pretty simple.

[/rant]
<--needs some sleep
SpaceOddity is offline  
Old 04-29-2006, 08:17 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SpaceOddity


Dude. You're going in circles. First of all, I agree with U2dork - simply posting to say you don't care is completely absurd and makes you look ridiculous. When someone calls you on it, you do a 360 and leave a snarky remark because you can't argue with their logic. This is a U2 forum - I think any kind of U2 discussion is legit here, even if the topic isn't at the top if your personal ladder of importance.

It's like me going into, say, a Boston Legal thread - a show I don't watch, btw - and posting, "And?" and "Who gives a crap about this show?" You see? It wouldn't make any sense for me to do that. If I'm not interested in a topic, I just choose not to comment on it. It's pretty simple.

[/rant]
<--needs some sleep
No, I see what you're saying, and I agree, I was out of line originally. However, I just want to clarify something - I did not leave my comment simply because I don't care much for U2's music anymore. I left it mainly because this section of the forum is dedicated to more "newsworthy" kind of U2 things and/or discussion of the albums and songs. Discussion of Bono's hotel sign in name sounds like more of a PLEBA kind of thing to me. If you've actually read some of my other posts in EYKIW, you'll see that they are nothing at all like the situation you outlined above.
__________________

GibsonGirl is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×