Bono Sighting In Cali Last Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
How'd we miss this one?

From The San Fransico Chronicle:

from Leah Garchik's column, Friday, 5/5/06:

Andy Garcia and ballerina Lorena Feijoo had lunch at the Hayes Street Grill on Monday with Jeannette Etheredge, who had introduced them during the filming of "Twisted''; their fathers come from the same town in Cuba. Garcia hired Feijoo for "Lost City,'' the movie -- to open May 12 -- which he was here to promote.

And on Monday, Bono was spotted having lunch in the Napa Valley on the terrace at Auberge du Soleil, which, incidentally, celebrated its 25th anniversary last week.

Regarding all the fuss about bilingualism, Stewart Brand points out that the original 1849 Constitution of the state of California was in Spanish and English.

This picture was supposedly taken at the San Diego Zoo but it looks more like Napa to me ;)

c79b116a.jpg

YEP.. THAT WAS AROUND THE SD ZOO.. BALBOA PARK (which surround the zoo) to be exact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lived there for several years and just left it last year..:sad: :sad:

BLOODY HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY DID i HAVE TO LEAVE SAN DIEGO!!!:rant: :scream: :banghead:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
YEP.. THAT WAS AROUND THE SD ZOO.. BALBOA PARK (which surround the zoo) to be exact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lived there for several years and just left it last year..:sad: :sad:

BLOODY HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY DID i HAVE TO LEAVE SAN DIEGO!!!:rant: :scream: :banghead:

A zoo with cocktails? :happy:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

he probably wasn't literally inside the zoo but in Balboa Park where there museums and a real nice restaurant called the Prado.. that is where it looks like he was.

Aahhh, but look at everyone in the picture they all have beverages :D

thank you very much for posting the link, I appreciate that! The information on Flickr noted San Francisco?? He could have been in both Southern and Northern California early last week for sure??

Looks like you all missed this one too (sorry if this is already posted in another thread):

From Leah's 5/8 column:
"to why Bono was in the Bay Area last week: He is part of a private equity firm, Elevation Partners, with venture capitalist Roger McNamee, who was the honoree at a surprise 50th birthday party at the San Francisco Zoo. One of McNamee's passions is playing guitar and singing lead vocals with the Flying Other Brothers, and at one point, Bono sat in with them on a song that Bono co-wrote with McNamee's wife, Ann McNamee. I'm told the song brought tears to the eyes of the honoree and most guests."

I've live near San Francisco and also lived for many years in San Diego. That photo is from the SF Zoo. I believe it was taken right outside The Mother's Building.

Nice hair :heart: :bono:

Last edited:
one4u2 said:
How'd we miss this one?

From The San Fransico Chronicle:

from Leah Garchik's column, Friday, 5/5/06:

Andy Garcia and ballerina Lorena Feijoo had lunch at the Hayes Street Grill on Monday with Jeannette Etheredge, who had introduced them during the filming of "Twisted''; their fathers come from the same town in Cuba. Garcia hired Feijoo for "Lost City,'' the movie -- to open May 12 -- which he was here to promote.

And on Monday, Bono was spotted having lunch in the Napa Valley on the terrace at Auberge du Soleil, which, incidentally, celebrated its 25th anniversary last week.

Regarding all the fuss about bilingualism, Stewart Brand points out that the original 1849 Constitution of the state of California was in Spanish and English.

This picture was supposedly taken at the San Diego Zoo but it looks more like Napa to me ;)

c79b116a.jpg

AWESOME..That is lucky to have bumped into B-man...I would LOVE to ramndomly bump into Bono, Edge Adam or Larry!!..you know...just ramndonly!!:)

:combust:

Can I leave directions to my house here for Bono - just in case he's passing thru S.Calif on his way to Edge's house or something? :sexywink:

Lila64 said:
:combust:

Can I leave directions to my house here for Bono - just in case he's passing thru S.Calif on his way to Edge's house or something? :sexywink:

:lol:
Hehehe!!!

But damn too.
'Cause I'm so close to SF.
Even was there yesterday.

Stupid thing is: I was wondering about where he would be or go after giving the speech in Texas.

I was thinking straight home to Ireland, since it's almost his birthday.

But perhaps, since there was a few days left, it could also be possible that he'd visit another place in the US.

And now it appears he was in and around SF both before and after.

http://forum.interference.com/t159315.html

WOW!!!

hotpepper said:
Looks like you all missed this one too (sorry if this is already posted in another thread):

From Leah's 5/8 column:
"to why Bono was in the Bay Area last week: He is part of a private equity firm, Elevation Partners, with venture capitalist Roger McNamee, who was the honoree at a surprise 50th birthday party at the San Francisco Zoo. One of McNamee's passions is playing guitar and singing lead vocals with the Flying Other Brothers, and at one point, Bono sat in with them on a song that Bono co-wrote with McNamee's wife, Ann McNamee. I'm told the song brought tears to the eyes of the honoree and most guests."

I've live near San Francisco and also lived for many years in San Diego. That photo is from the SF Zoo. I believe it was taken right outside The Mother's Building.

Nice hair :heart: :bono:

I stand corrected... Balboa Park/SD Zoo looks just like that pic. Had me fooled.. not to mention someone said SD Zoo in the initial post..

my bad...:wink:

what I would do to write a song with B..:drool: :heart:

Aww poor Bono! He looks so thin, it's not him whos the ill one is it?
Must be sh1t to be followed everywhere.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

he probably wasn't literally inside the zoo but in Balboa Park where there museums and a real nice restaurant called the Prado.. that is where it looks like he was.

It was the SF Zoo. I have the article from the SF Chronicle at work that a girlfriend sent me and had that picture. It had something to do with exotic black swans, the unveiling of them and it was some kind of a "mixer" of sorts....that is the first thing I noticed in the pic, the drinky glasses (well ok, after :drool: staring at the haircut and then sorta :ohmy: at that woman with the HUGE teeth in the background). Tomorrow when I get back to my work email I will pull the link for the article and post it in here.

Carek1230 said:

It was the SF Zoo. I have the article from the SF Chronicle at work that a girlfriend sent me and had that picture. It had something to do with exotic black swans, the unveiling of them and it was some kind of a "mixer" of sorts....that is the first thing I noticed in the pic, the drinky glasses (well ok, after :drool: staring at the haircut and then sorta :ohmy: at that woman with the HUGE teeth in the background). Tomorrow when I get back to my work email I will pull the link for the article and post it in here.

yeah I saw that after fact.. see my last post..

Hiya btw! :wave:

wish I could of been there..:drool:

Carek1230 said:

I noticed in the pic, the drinky glasses (well ok, after :drool: staring at the haircut and then sorta :ohmy: at that woman with the HUGE teeth in the background).
The big gums, you mean :wink: :D :D

I wondered if Bono would spend a couple of days with the Edge possibly....Any Bono sightings in Malibu?????

My family frequently goes to Auberge du Soleil in the Napa Valley, and it really is the most beautiful place, with the most amazing view of the vineyards from the balcony.

My parents went there just today, and asked the waiter about Bono being there a few weeks ago. He said he had seen him, and remarked Bono goes there often, about 2-3 times a year.

Back
Top Bottom