Bono Scar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm . . . wonder if that's why he goes scruffy with the whiskers, to cover it up?

BonoMakingOfAIWIY39.jpg

tuwie said:
yeah, he fell during the joshua tree tour.
from u2faqs.com: While in Arizona rehearsing for the opening night of The Joshua Tree tour, Bono fell backwards off the stage while holding a small spotlight. The spotlight hit Bono in the chin, forcing him to get stitches at a local hospital. [M2]

]

I was there when it happened waiting outside ASU Activity Center, tempe, Arizona with some other fans.... We watched the ambulance come to get him and the security kept lying saying it wasn't Bono. Finally Adam came out and he came over to my friends and I and we told him we had seen his clumsy acts before and knew it had to be him, and Adam said it WAS Bono... He told us he was holding the spot light and tripped and fell. he never said what song tho. They took him to Scottsdale Osborn Memorial Hospital to get stitches. But they gave him something that ended up messing up his voice. He lost it and they postponed the start of the tour by one day. We were down there all week meeting them as much as we could during rehersal week.

I took these pictures the night before he fell.. He would come outside and sit down and hang out with us.

March311987Bono1.jpg

March311987Bonotalkingwithfans1.jpg

Photo_2006_7_7_0_41_48.jpg

And then this is Adam when he actually came over to us to tell us the truth. We told him we had seen Bono trip over a gigantic ash tray/garbage can and KNEW his tricks... haha.

March311987Adam.jpg

Thank you SO much for your story u2jesusgirl. It's great to hear it from someone who was there! Do you happen to know the date? Thank you so much for your great pics as usual too! :happy:

bonocomet said:
Thank you SO much for your story u2jesusgirl. It's great to hear it from someone who was there! Do you happen to know the date? Thank you so much for your great pics as usual too! :happy:

I would like to second that , thank you .
I also would like to know the date if you remember .

u2trinity said:

I would like to second that , thank you .
I also would like to know the date if you remember .

I have it down as April 1, 1987. Go figure right...haha!!

Anyway, We saw them down there before hand on March 30 and 31st. The pix I posted of Bono are from March 31st (I didn't take any on the 30th). The next night April 1st, we were expecting to have time with him again and then the accident happened...and the next night (April 2nd) was suppose to be the concert and start of the tour, which got postponed by one day. The tour actually started on April 3rd. U2.tours has it wrong. But we got to use our tickets tho from April 2nd for the 3rd. Thank God...

Photo_2006_7_20_2_43_16.jpg

On April 2nd they just used the day to rehearse again, while Bono took it easy. Adam came outside again and hung out with all of us fans.

April21987AdamwithCathyPeterson.jpg

April21987Adamhanginwithfans.jpg

April21987Adam1withfans.jpg

Glad you all enjoy the pix..... happy to share them with you.....

JCOSTER said:
u2jesusgirl, with Bono looking so delicious how did you possibly compose yourself? :wink:

Haha! I am asked that a lot.... Funny thing, The truth is during those years I was so brutally shy I could barely speak to him. I could only manage to ask him if he minded if I took pix of him and he always let me...He made me so nervous...he was just too HOT to handle...haha!!!

I was always comfy around Adam.. He was like hanging out with a brother.... I had no trouble speaking to him.... go figure......

I just realized.... does that mean Bono got his scar on April 1st?... April Fools Day? :hmm:

Ahh now I see why you said the "right go figure!" Ha!!! :lol:

u2jesusgirl said:

Haha! I am asked that a lot.... Funny thing, The truth is during those years I was so brutally shy I could barely speak to him. I could only manage to ask him if he minded if I took pix of him and he always let me...He made me so nervous...he was just too HOT to handle...haha!!!

I was always comfy around Adam.. He was like hanging out with a brother.... I had no trouble speaking to him.... go figure......

Your an inspiration!!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom