Bono Quotes Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
biggrin.gif
Time for more quotes by or about BonoBaby!!!

***"The penis-ring I felt was enough.
It's a lot of weight for one man to carry.
No, I'm a virgin in that sense."
-Bono, when asked by Max magazine if he had a tattoo.

***"Bono just wanted to meet Sisqo because he thought he was one of the few singers in the world who is shorter than he is. He was wrong by an inch."
-Edge, GQ 2001

***GQ: How about those skin-tight chequerboard trousers you used to wear?
Bono: Unforgiveable. Forget The Unforgettable Fire, what about the Unforgivable Trousers?"

***My children will tell me to turn down my Bono-ness occasionally"
-Bono, 2001

***BP: IF YOU WERE AN ANIMAL WHAT ANIMAL WOULD YOU BE?
Bono: A wildebeest. You'd have to have a sense of humour with a name like that

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, then we are close to each other."
~BonoBaby~

"I believed in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up." ~BonoBaby~

"We make music you can have sex to"

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy"

"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..."

"We've made a career out of our personality crises, well, certainly I have."

"There are four members of U2. If there is a fifth, non-musical member it is Paul McGuiness. Either that or Adam's willie!"

"I love to paint. I don't think it's just the fumes, but it might be."

and my sig!
smile.gif

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

Originally posted by WildHonee:

***"Bono just wanted to meet Sisqo because he thought he was one of the few singers in the world who is shorter than he is. He was wrong by an inch."
-Edge, GQ 2001

Awww... poor Bono. It's not easy being shorter than Sisqo
frown.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

Originally posted by WildHonee:

***"The penis-ring I felt was enough.
It's a lot of weight for one man to carry.
No, I'm a virgin in that sense."
-Bono, when asked by Max magazine if he had a tattoo.

omg hyperventilating...just about died when i read that lol...

biggrin.gif

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

with my teeth at your back
and my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

'I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black.' 'I'm white, pink, and rosy, but I've got soul.' - Details

'We're all asleep in one way or another..I've used my music to wake me up.'

'Music is magic, magic is religion, and some nights it's a religious experience playing with this band.'-GQ

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

hmmm-looks like he's 'fixated' on those 'rings'
wink.gif

On religion.. 'People will talk about penis rings easier at a dinner table these days than the idea of grace. It's like Eurghhhhh-don't go there.' -Rolling Stone

------------------

"Sometimes, size matters" - Bono

(this is funny, tho i know it's a repeat maybe some out there havent seen it)
Q : "Most interesting question asked recently by a fan?"
Bono : "Have you seen Bono?"
'Propaganda' Issue 27, '97

"That's why I buy cheap cars."
(on being a bad driver and owning a Mercedes)

"No matter how much we wrap it up in tinsel and television, I'm still the geezer with the white flag."

"We don't allow people to make jokes in our company. Anyone on the crew who's ever seen with a smile on their faces we let go." - Bono, May 1985

"I've had sex. And sex with a woman, too. Also I started smoking - cigars first and then cigarettes - but I've had to stop because I couldn't hit the notes any more. There are full-voice B flats and B naturals which can be real bastards."
-Bono, on why his voice is deeper, 2001

------------------
What do you do when female fans get too agressive?
Adam: We let Larry deal with those things.

* U2 Take Me Higher *

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
hmmm-looks like he's 'fixated' on those 'rings'
wink.gif

On religion.. 'People will talk about penis rings easier at a dinner table these days than the idea of grace. It's like Eurghhhhh-don't go there.' -Rolling Stone

*has thoughts*

biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, then we are close to each other."
~BonoBaby~

"I believed in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up." ~BonoBaby~

Holy--!!!!

"The penis-ring I felt was enough. It's a lot of weight for one man to carry. No, I'm a virgin in that sense."

eek.gif
*pictures Bono with a _____ ring* *faints*

Bono: A wildebeest. You'd have to have a sense of humour with a name like that.

*Bono...wild...BEAST...WILD...Bono...FAINT*

"We make music you can have sex to"

eek.gif
OMG.
eek.gif
Ice water...must have ice water...

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Holy--!!!!

eek.gif
OMG.
eek.gif
Ice water...must have ice water...
LMAO, Disco!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

~BonoBaby~

Originally posted by madonna's child:

"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..."

Hey! Great quote! Can ya tell I like it, it's in my sig.

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

Did we forget?
wink.gif

'It's hot in here, and whatever's going on in these pants, it's getting hotter'.

------------------

"Listen guy, one more piece of shit out of you and you're out of here. I don't care if you play the bodhran. I'm telling ya. I'm telling ya, leave him for one more and he's fucking out of here...You wanna play my guitar? Then you just come up here and play my guitar." --from one of my favorite live tracks, People Get Ready

Bono with a temper...mrrroooowwww.
smile.gif

My sig also has one of his quotes from that song.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

"Get that old Catholic guilt working for you! Look at this amazing room and this view of the city. I may have a sore head from drinking too much, but when I come in, when I see the sun come up from here, it still brings me to my knees. I'm amazed that music, something you're born with, has given me such a life. What saves you finally from arrogance is knowing the thing in life that's given you the most was itself a gift."
--from today's USA TODAY article

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

These are pretty funny ones...

"We've been trying to work out how to get all the Achtung Baby sounds live. Basically we can do it if Edge plays something different with every one of his appendages."
-Bono, January 1992

"I have to tell you, I don't like doing intimate concerts. I have very sensitive nasal glands and being that close to so many armpits is absolutely terrifying. I'd rather play a stadium any day."
-Bono, 2001.

"Then Bono arrived, and he meant to play the guitar, but he couldn't play very well, so he started to sing. He couldn't do that either. But he was such a charismatic character that he was in the band anyway, as soon as he arrived. I was in charge for the first five minutes, but as soon as Bono got there, I was out of a job."
-Larry, April 1987.

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

Back
Top Bottom