Bono quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"How do you say, in Spanish, there can be more than one first time?" -- said while introducing "The First Time" at my first U2 show. (Chicago, 9/20/05)

mjc said:

What word is it then?:eyebrow:

oh come on,... it's not THAT hard isn't it??? :wink:
think of a four letter word I use way to much :D well I don't know if it's too much... but I use it a lot... :) I can ramble about it too !

I almost posted your 4 letter word yesterday.... cuz I thought it was obvious what your word was too..... but in the USA the term 4-letter word means a swear word so.... I think you are talking about 2 different things... right? or am I just rambling nonsense here..?! :huh: :giggle:

bonocomet said:
I almost posted your 4 letter word yesterday.... cuz I thought it was obvious what your word was too..... but in the USA the term 4-letter word means a swear word so.... I think you are talking about 2 different things... right? or am I just rambling nonsense here..?! :huh: :giggle:

I was just poking a little bit of fun of it.. since the quote had Bono talking about his four letter word wich we all know... and everybody knows I tend to rable about a four letter word too... as in a word with four letters... :wink: and yes, I thought it was pretty obvious :D

bonocomet said:
(I don't know Bono's tho... :ohmy: )
wgrywh.gif

:wink:

From the Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses video, gif by bohemianstorm on LJ.

My personal favourite is, 'Here comes the Babes!' at the sight of Larry Edge and Adam coming towards him in dresses at the One video shoot. A timeless classic!

I think this is a fairly recent one:

"I'm in a band and I just hope that when it's all over for U2 that in some way we made the light a bit brighter. Maybe just tore off a corner of the darkness. That's all I can do and everyone can do it in their own way." - Bono

:yes:

That "Wild Horses" gif is one of my personal faves..... Looks like me & B. share a favorite swear word. Uh... not that I ever say it or anything...:whistle: :angel:

he really does have a way with words. his lyrics as well as his speech are inspiring, humorous and philosophical. :heart: bono.

My friend reminded me of this one -- talking about the mullet:

"I don't think people should ever look like their hair has been ironed. "

What was the one that ended with "pass the onion?" I love that one, but can't think of it....

Great quotes here!

I like these ones:
"I literally get into the clothes at the end of the bed. If somebody doesn't take them off and wash them, things would probably get a bit high" :bono:

"I fell in love with Ali the first time I saw her. Absolutely. And the last time."

"You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do."

Bono Mot - here is the quote you're looking for.

BP: “When did you last cry, and why?”
:bono: “I suppose I do everything in extremes – laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion.”

My sig is one of my favourites. There are so many good ones, though - it's hard to pick!

*Viviana* said:
Great quotes here!

"You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do."

Can you tell me the source of this quote? Thanks.

Edge: "If you remember the vowels the constanents will come naturally"
Bono: "Yeah... thanks for that Edge :shrug: "

I think that sort of what Edge said. It was said during an interview, but I can't remeber what it was? :scratch:

"And this wise man asked me to stop. He said, "Stop asking God to bless what you're doing. Get involved in what God is doing -- because it's already blessed."

"Where you live should no longer determine whether you live."

"I'm not doubting. I don't doubt God. I have firm faith absolutely in God. It's religion I'm doubting."

"Fear is the opposite of faith."

"I could never be a politician because I think I'm too selfish, and I think I like to have fun: the right to be irresponsible is a right I hold dear."

"I've had the best life that a man's ever had: I don't just mean with U2, I mean with my family and even my father, whose loss I feel every day."

"Home, hard to know what it is if you've never had one. Home, I can't say where it is but I know I'm going."

"I love to paint but I think it might just be the fumes."
--Bono

"Every time we make an album it feels like our last, you know. Or our first."
--Bono '97

Had nothing to do, so I was browsing and found these I thought were really great!

Yeah, I know they're lyrics, but they're some of my favorites from HTDAAB.

"The more you know the less you feel,
Some pray for others steal,
Blessings are not just for the ones who kneel... luckily."

--Bono

:giggle: I like that one... wonder what Bono would paint tho, considering the thing he drew for a childrens charity :hmm:

Galeongirl said:
--Bono

:giggle: I like that one... wonder what Bono would paint tho, considering the thing he drew for a childrens charity :hmm:

He painted that "Peter and the Wolf" thing, which I thought was quite good. And I thought I'd just add that I love the fumes of paint too :D Wet paint has the best smell (Yea, I know - wierdo)

Back
Top Bottom