Bono Quotes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"The strangest thing has happened. I really missed my dog. That's never happened to me before. You know, on a long tour you do hear people saying they miss their pets. I never have. But last night I started really missing my dog.
It's very odd, cause I don't have a dog."
-Bono

"We don't write music for food; we write music for sex.
Dinner parties just aren't our thing."
-Bono

"If we're in the studio trying to build the rocket," says Bono, "Edge is under the hood with his slide rule, I'm trying to become fuel, Larry is pointing out the reasons it'll never fly, and Adam's asking, 'Do we really want to go there?' They're always reasonable and usually correct — and I hate them for it."
-Bono

"I'm here to kiss Homer Simpson's bottom"
- Bono, interview about their part on Simpsons

"People keep asking what Popmart is all about. Well...I don't f*@king know!"
- Bono, Popmart Toronto, 10/27/97

"You work in a knicker factory! Lingerie! That's ok, in Sweden we don't wear underpants" - Bono, June 11/92, Stockholm Sweden
:drool:

"Here's to the future! The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in, dream out loud, at high volume."
-Bono

"And proof that God is Catholic, ladies and gentlemen...Frank Sinatra" - Bono

"We do make, and will continue to make, soul music. Not soul music with black singers - soul music is not about the instruments you play. Soul music is when you reveal, rather than conceal." -- Bono, 1983

"I got a job as a petrol pump attendant so that I could write when the cars weren't coming in. But then we had the oil crisis, and we had those queues for miles, and the cars just kept coming, so I quit." -- Bono :lol:

- "Any way two people want to love each other is fine by me."

If only our President could believe the same thing, I might not feel so cynical about what will happen to this country in the next four years.

-"Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister."

Best. Quote. Ever.

"I always felt like 'The Fly' was this phone call from hell... But the guy likes it there."
-Bono

"I have a weakness for belly dancers."
-Bono

"There are four members of U2. If there is a fifth non-musical member, it is Paul McGuiness. Either that or Adam's willie!"
-Bono :lol:

Interviewer: "Why a lemon?"
Reply: "Why NOT a lemon?"
-Bono

"The Holy Spirit is like a woman. Undependable. Joke! Joke!"
-Bono

U2Girl1978 said:
"I always felt like 'The Fly' was this phone call from hell... But the guy likes it there."
-Bono

"I have a weakness for belly dancers."
-Bono

"There are four members of U2. If there is a fifth non-musical member, it is Paul McGuiness. Either that or Adam's willie!"
-Bono :lol:

Interviewer: "Why a lemon?"
Reply: "Why NOT a lemon?"
-Bono

"The Holy Spirit is like a woman. Undependable. Joke! Joke!"
-Bono

:laugh:
I love these quotes..Bono makes me laugh :)

What a city, what a night, what a crowd, what a bomb, what a mistake, what a wanker you have for a President.
Bono Acceptance speech at MTV Europe Music Awards 1996, referring to French nuclear testing in Pacific

I look like I am hungover. It's like a head full of ideas, an exploding head.
Bono On new portrait of himself painted by Louis le Brocquy

“See the thing that groups won't admit is that when people are screaming and calling their names... they're not really screaming for them, they're screaming for themselves. The thing about music is your lives get all mixed up in the music, this is true for me. So when I hear somebody playing a tune... I'm not screaming for him, I'm screaming for what that song means to me. Rock n' roll shouldn't be boring, shouldn't be retro, shouldn't be nostalgia, we've got to kick it into the next century a little bit.”

-- Bono, U2

“Without a real commitment to do something about the dire circumstances of a third of the population of the world, all New Year's Eve 1999 will amount to is... a fancy dress ball.”

-- Bono, Q Magazine 1998 Year In Review

“What can I tell ya... you get big ideas late at night.”

-- Bono, U2

"Just the sight of Orrin Hatch in the mosh pit ... it's exciting."
--Bono of U2, about one of his fans

If you're a fifty pence piece in a pile of ten pence pieces,
you have to shine so much brighter in order to be noticed.
•Bono of U2.

U2Girl1978 said:
Does he post here? lol...Isn't there a nerfherder on this site?

I think Nerfherder might be a band (maybe the title's a quote from one of their songs) :scratch:

but the thought of starting a Nerfherder=Wesley Crusher rumor is pure evil :evil:

and Wil Wheaton has kids (well step-kids, but still)?!?! I feel really old now :reject:

Last edited:
Bono: I love what you're doing, beaming across borders...
CNN lady: You can have our satellite.
Bono: Why do you think I'm being nice to you?

Hee! :)

miss becky said:
Bono: I love what you're doing, beaming across borders...
CNN lady: You can have our satellite.
Bono: Why do you think I'm being nice to you?

Hee! :)

I absolutely loved it when he said that to the interviewer. He seemed so serious. He sure is adorable.

"Thou shalt not approach me for advice."
-Bono, Q Magazine 2002-

"I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly."

"Making music is like making sausages, you'll probably enjoy them more if you don't see how it's done."

Back
Top Bottom