Bono question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flossymay

The Fly
I don't know where else to ask this, so I'll ask it here....why doesn't Bono wear a wedding ring? Don't get me wrong, I have no doubts at all about his commitment to Ali, just curious. My DH doesn't wear one because of safety issues with his job, I don't think Bono has that problem lol.

Ali doesn't wear one either, and he did wear one at 1st and off and on over the years. He even had a ring on that finger right after this past Christmas. :hmm: Maybe he just doesn't like a ring on that finger... but I really wouldn't know his reason.

Maybe he lost it along the way? My dad lost his within a year of being married. He went decades without once, until my grandpa (his dad) died and now he wears Grandpa's.

I've been married 8 months yesterday and I'm amazed we both still have our rings :giggle:

Maybe because after awhile you feel comfortable and have total unconditional trust for each that you don't make it a point to wear one anymore.

Last edited:
My parents have been married 32 years, and as long as I can remember, haven't worn their wedding rings. Dad lost his in the Ohio river somewhere, and mom's stopped fitting.

More on topic though, I think it would be cool if Bono started wearing a wedding band again, although aesthetically, it would look a little strange to have a ring on his left ring finger, as well as the ring he's been wearing on his left pinky for the last decade or so (which I believe Larry gave to him :giggle: ), so he'd probably have to choose one or the other.

bonocomet said:
Plus hasn't he lost Larry's ring a couple times and Larry replaces it? :giggle:

Really? That's funny. :giggle:

It's so cool that he wears a ring of friendship rather than a ring of marriage. Marriage could broke anytime, just like the piece of paper they gave to you when you registered. But friendship could last forever.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
More on topic though, I think it would be cool if Bono started wearing a wedding band again, although aesthetically, it would look a little strange to have a ring on his left ring finger, as well as the ring he's been wearing on his left pinky for the last decade or so (which I believe Larry gave to him :giggle: ), so he'd probably have to choose one or the other.

Irish guy I used to work with wore his wedding band on his right hand. :shrug:

And, yes! I've read that story about Bono losing Larry's ring and Larry replacing it. :giggle:

iloveedge said:

:ohmy:

What?! Are you serious?

YES! I forget where the story is, but I believe Larry has replaced it twice, and had the replacements made to look just like the original, but I think the last one was in platinum instead of gold... not sure where that comes from but hopefully someone will remember!

:wink:

oh, Bono...

Just imagine the facial expression of Larry, when he told Larry he lost the ring...:giggle:

Probably only Larry could have the idea of replacing one...

Every time he loses it, Larry upgrades it, so I think he loses it on purpose to get a better ring. When I was in high school girls used to pretend to loose jewelry their boyfriends gave them so they could get better pieces. So does that make Larry Bono's boyfriend? :wink:

Dana

Since we are on the subject.... "Larry's" ring :cute:

Bonopoints.jpg

rihannsu said:
Every time he loses it, Larry upgrades it, so I think he loses it on purpose to get a better ring. When I was in high school girls used to pretend to loose jewelry their boyfriends gave them so they could get better pieces. So does that make Larry Bono's boyfriend? :wink:

Dana

He's joked about losing it to get a better one, but I really don't think he has lost them intentionally!

What strikes me as hysterical is the fact that Larry-who has a bit of a reputation for being frugal with money-keeps on replacing the ring with ever more expensive versions...:lol:

kimby said:
What strikes me as hysterical is the fact that Larry-who has a bit of a reputation for being frugal with money-keeps on replacing the ring with ever more expensive versions...:lol:

:larry: :heart: :bono:

:sexywink:

My guess is it just doesn't fit anymore, he was alot younger and slimmer when he got married. (no "Bono is NOT FAT" arguments now...thats not what I'm saying:wink: )

I know when I got pregnant and now a month after the baby I cannot wear mine:( ...my fingers are bigger...maybe that's why ali doesn't wear hers either.

since we're sort of on the bono and larry relationship topic.....does anyone know what larry meant (in u2 by u2 i think it was), that bono is the only one that can hurt him (may not be the exact words)? are they that close, then???:drool:

blm said:
since we're sort of on the bono and larry relationship topic.....does anyone know what larry meant (in u2 by u2 i think it was), that bono is the only one that can hurt him (may not be the exact words)? are they that close, then???:drool:

it's because he trusts Bono a lot, since they've been trough similar stuff when they were young (both lost their mother at a very early age, 14 and 16..)

The story is in some interview, can't remember where but it was some woman :hmm: should be somewhere on atu2.com
Bono got that ring, which represents a koi from larry in gold, lost it, larry got him a white gold one, Bono lost it again, larry got him a platinum one

I didn't know the story about it and that it was a koi ring. I would love to have a pond with koi.

Mr. Brown lost his wedding ring about 15 years ago and never replaced it.
I've always wore one although not my original one, it won't fit at all after being married for 24 years.

Galeongirl said:
The story is in some interview, can't remember where but it was some woman :hmm: should be somewhere on atu2.com
Bono got that ring, which represents a koi from larry in gold, lost it, larry got him a white gold one, Bono lost it again, larry got him a platinum one

why a koi? For any special reasons?

butter7 said:

why a koi? For any special reasons?

I don't recall if I ever heard Bono or Larry mention the type of fish. I mean, I never heard Bono or Larry say that it was in fact a koi fish. Does anyone have that source? I know a woman that interviewed Bono for a book of celebrities' views on God asked him what it was and he said simply " It's a fish." He didn't specify which kind of fish in that interview. The only significance I get from that is that Jesus told Believers to go out and be "fishers of men" in order to point them on the path to God. Seeing as they're both Believers that's the only explanation I could come up with, but it's just speculation on my part for now. I love that ring though. The story how Larry keeps replacing it is classic!:heart: :laugh:

Back to Bono for a sec - he has replaced his actual wedding band a while back, and now wears that other ring (green stone) on his little finger. However, what I have noticed is that he takes it off (most of the time) for the shows, but he does wear it off stage......

U2isthebest said:

I don't recall if I ever heard Bono or Larry mention the type of fish. I mean, I never heard Bono or Larry say that it was in fact a koi fish. Does anyone have that source? I know a woman that interviewed Bono for a book of celebrities' views on God asked him what it was and he said simply " It's a fish." He didn't specify which kind of fish in that interview. The only significance I get from that is that Jesus told Believers to go out and be "fishers of men" in order to point them on the path to God. Seeing as they're both Believers that's the only explanation I could come up with, but it's just speculation on my part for now. I love that ring though. The story how Larry keeps replacing it is classic!:heart: :laugh:

Very.....interesting.

Wonder if he ever know that this (picture)

tu3.jpg

is representing the universe, and it's actually use the formes of two fishes...:|

I just figured that Bono doesn't wear a wedding ring because his fingers are, well, chubby. :reject: Or that he lost it. :hmm:

That Bono/Larry ring story is just so cute! :cute: Larry must really want him to wear it if he keeps replacing it!

butter7 said:

Very.....interesting.

Wonder if he ever know that this (picture)

tu3.jpg

is representing the universe, and it's actually use the formes of two fishes...:|

Am I the only one that doesn't see the picture?

iloveedge said:

Am I the only one that doesn't see the picture?

For some unknown reason, the site seems went down right after I posted this picture.

Anyway, here is another one, but a bit bigger...

image2-0924.gif

Back
Top Bottom