Bono question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I've been wondering about one of Bono's earrings. Does he have one that's set with diamonds? I've seen pix of him with the earring on and it has little glittery things in it, I think it must be diamonds. Does anyone know anything definite about this?

Well there's these w/o diamonds

heartland1.jpg

But currently there's these diamond earrings :shifty:

200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2005-05-072.jpg

9bf1e6b5.jpg

2005-06-13__hotel_bono4.jpg

2a909a86.jpg

I never thought I'd say this, but he is getting old! Check the grey--Grey for cryin' out loud, in his sideburns!!:ohmy:
I will always love him, but it's hard seeing him age--reminds me of my own aging!:(
Quick question: is red his natural colour and all these years he's been dyeing it dark? As big a fan that I am, I don't even know this.:tsk:

4EVRU2 said:
I never thought I'd say this, but he is getting old! Check the grey--Grey for cryin' out loud, in his sideburns!!:ohmy:

He’s 45, for God sake! Have you been in PLEBA before? Girls here post pictures all the time, and there have been lots of them in which you could have noticed that before.

LostAtMoon said:

He’s 45, for God sake! Have you been in PLEBA before? Girls here post pictures all the time, and there have been lots of them in which you could have noticed that before.

:yikes: Well. Excuse me for asking a simple question and making a simple comment! As a matter of fact I have posted here before, but I don't spend hours here so no, I haven't noticed before.
And like I said I love the B-man but 45 isn't that old, so I feel he's aging a lot.

Last edited:
4EVRU2 said:

:yikes: Well. Excuse me for asking a simple question and making a simple comment! As a matter of fact I have posted here before, but I don't spend hours here so no, I haven't noticed before.
And like I said I love the B-man but 45 isn't that old, so I feel he's aging a lot.

:lol: There’s no stress. I was just asking because you seemed so shocked with something that I thought was normal and is being discussed somewhere else.

Last edited:
verte76 said:
I've been wondering about one of Bono's earrings. Does he have one that's set with diamonds? I've seen pix of him with the earring on and it has little glittery things in it, I think it must be diamonds. Does anyone know anything definite about this?

He has a pair that are set with diamonds, which he usually wears together. I hate to be a nerd, but here we go:
(Clears throat) :nerd:
Those particular earrings made their first appearance on his birthday, May 10, 2004, at the premiere of that work of filmic genius, "Troy" (which he attended with his family). Since they had never been seen before, it was generally assumed that these had been a birthday gift. He's worn them pretty much constantly ever since.

Re: Re: Bono question

biff said:
He has a pair that are set with diamonds, which he usually wears together. I hate to be a nerd, but here we go:
Those particular earrings made their first appearance on his birthday, May 10, 2004, at the premiere of that work of filmic genius, "Troy" (which he attended with his family). Since they had never been seen before, it was generally assumed that these had been a birthday gift. He's worn them pretty much constantly ever since.

:lol: Imagine giving Bono a pair of diamond earrings as a bday present.... :lmao:

How many ear piercings does he have anyway?? I can make out at least 2...

But, according to pictures below (gorgeous pictures, btw:D), it doesn’t seem to me that he always wears the pair, unless it’s a pair of different earrings.:shrug:

saks8-s.JPG

UIGallery-1.JPG

5efd8106-2.JPG

Re: Re: Re: Bono question

Babydoll said:

How many ear piercings does he have anyway?? I can make out at least 2...

He had at least 3 in his left ear and two in the right at one time, but I haven't seen him wear three on one side for a long time. So I think 5 piercings total but thats just a guess on my part. Unless he has any hidden piercings ... :ohmy: ;)

Gawd, he's so cute in that second one, where he looks confused! Criminy.

Earrings: With his penchant for losing things, I'm in awe that he ever finds two earrings, let alone two that match! Of course if they're firmly attached to your ears, I guess that wouldn't be a problem!:wink:

Re: Re: Bono question

biff said:

That makes sense, that they would have been a birthday gift. I *thought* those earrings were diamond but I wasn't sure. I'm sure they're real too.

why would he wear fake diamonds? I mean... he does have the money to buy real.... :shrug:

also I noticed during the pictures of the EU leg of this tour that he indeed always has the diamond one left... and sometimes a different ring in the right ear... I have no recent pics of him without a ring tho... and I think the other places grew out during the years... since he hasn't been wearing more that one for a long while now...
the one with the three earrigns
bonobw9pr.jpg

Bono with two earrings(coincidentally same era?) I just noticed... he has three in here aswell!!!(but maybe the lowest one is a double one.. I have those two... it looks like it are two separate earrings, but in fact it is one...(I am wearing a tripple diamond one now.. everybody thinks it are three separate earrings)
bonodoubleearring23aj.jpg

and for the sake of ontopicness... one of my personal favorites and poster on my wall ^^ Bono on his bday 2005 with Both diamonds :D
birthdaybonochicago1005055tj.jpg

He looks so good in the 1st pic that Babydoll posted.... I stand corrected from my earlier post where I thought he looked old--in this one he is just,.... hunka, hunka burnin' luv!:love:

(sorry for the cheesy term, I'm really not up on all the hip, er cool expressions nowadays):shrug:

4EVRU2 said:
He looks so good in the 1st pic that Babydoll posted.... I stand corrected from my earlier post where I thought he looked old--in this one he is just,.... hunka, hunka burnin' luv!:love:

(sorry for the cheesy term, I'm really not up on all the hip, er cool expressions nowadays):shrug:

^^

:) That's ok, we know what you mean. And we all feel the same way about him... and try to express it in any way we can! Mostly by :drool:

:D

4EVRU2 said:

Quick question: is red his natural colour and all these years he's been dyeing it dark? As big a fan that I am, I don't even know this.:tsk:

Yes, red/sandy brown is his natural color (not black or the deeper brown).

Back
Top Bottom