Bono Parts: Bono Claws

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
So, what, you may ask, are Bono claws?

Well, I'll tell ya.
smile.gif

"Bono claws" are what I call when he gets bitchy. When he digs his heels in and takes no shit, takes a hard line against something, speaks up anyway when it will piss someone off. When he calls the President of France a (and I quote) "wanker" in relation to the development of nuclear weapons. (LMAO Bono!) Those are Bono Claws.
I love the blue blue eyes, the chisled face, the edible neck, the lovely jawline, those warm strong yummy arms, that disarming devilish grin. But I think BonoClaws are my favorite BonoPart.
smile.gif

So...anyone have any good Bono Claws stories? (That "wanker" story is the only one I know but there MUST be more....)

Sherry Darlin

*is glad this isn't about Bono's fingernails* That's where I draw the line
smile.gif

I don't have any stories, but interesting premise....

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

LMAO at the wanker story. I don't have any more but hopefully some kind soul will post em for us.
smile.gif

"fuck the revelution", (rattle and hum)
and at the manchester gig he was screamin about "john" in bullit the blue sky.
also when bono goes on about larry hating art, "he should get out of his garage , get from underneath his car"

THe man has claws...claws that rival even Bluey Claws (which is saying A LOT).
My fav is when he beat the crap out of a roadie for sleeping with a groupie and promising that Larry would sleep with her too. Good for him.
I also love that he did kick that guy's ass in ummm, your know that place, for yelling that he should pay him for writing the Joshua Tree lyrics. My kinda bitch!
But he can be nice too, that's the good thing about claws, they are rectractible.
-Bluey

Originally posted by blueeyes:
My fav is when he beat the crap out of a roadie for sleeping with a groupie and promising that Larry would sleep with her too. Good for him.

aaaaaaawwwwww Bono fought for Larry's honor. How romantic! Wait...
wink.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Thanks Ladies!

Candy, is this what you mean by "eff (Bono! such language
wink.gif
) the revolution?"

"I dont wanna hear Irish Americans come up to me & tell me about the resistance,
the revolution back home...
& the glory of dyin' for the revolution....FUCK THE REVOLUTION!
They dont talk about the glory of killing for the revolution...
Where's the glory in taking a man
out and shooting him in front of his wife and his children...Where's the glory in that...
Where's the glory in bombing a
Rememberance Day Parade of old age
pensioners...Their medals taken
out and polished up for the day...
Where's the glory in that?...
To leave them dying, or crippled
for life, or dead under the rubble
of a revolution that the majority
of the people in my country dont want..."
SING...NO MORE...NO MORE...NO WAR"!!

Also, who do you mean by John? Lennon? Eh?
smile.gif

Here's the whole Wanker story in all its Bonoclaws glory from a greasylake.org friend who was actually THERE that night in Paris.

"Details, well - I remember him being in a very good mood praising Paris etc., and all of a sudden his voice grew hard - with the "What a bomb - What a wanker...", and yes my dear that was his excact words."
It was a protest against the French nuclear bombing test going on at that time. It went something like:
Waaau Paris, What a town, what a night - what a bomb, what a wanker you have for president !!!. When are u going to do something about it?"

LMAO! Way to go Bono! Bull's eye!

Love the Larry story! Good for him. What a jerk that roadie was! Man, if he'd do that for Larry, betcha nooooone messes with Ali!

Bluey, very good point. He's got claws, but he's also the sweetest thing.
smile.gif
He just...has a very sharp BS radar. (No wonder he and Larry love eachother.)

Anyone have any more? I love stories like these....

Cheryl (who wants to hear Bono scream "this is not a rebel sooooooonnnnngggg!")

Candy, I think (though I avoid that when I can) that John is John Lennon. Wasn't he repeating, "I'm Mark Chapman, I'm Mark Chapman...." Anyone? Anyone?

Found another BonoClaws story in the Q Mag on which our boys graced the cover.

Here it is (p80)-- this is circa 1987.

"Fuck the traffic (*cough, sorry, quoting here...), rocknroll. F-- art, let's rock! At an outdoor show in San Francisco's Embarcadero Centre, Bono lost his marbles (ed note: lolol!) and clambered aboard artist Armand Vaillancourt's neighbouring sculpture, on which he spray painted the words: "Stop the traffic. Rock'n'roll." City officials were unimpressed and the singer's collar was swiftly felt."

Behave now Bono.
biggrin.gif

Cheryl

havnt a clue who "john" is but he was really pissed off, the angryest ive ever seen him and it was right in front of my eyes you could see the anger in his face, his veins bulging etc.

have you seen him when chris evens asks if his beads from the pope are given out like blue peter badges? hes not pissed of but you should see his face
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom