Bono on Webcast right now!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ramblin Rose, THANK YOU!!!
I just watched it. Bono was magnificent, as always! The crowd really appreciated him.
He is so extraordinary. What a fantastic, wonderful man.
Diane
Who wants to emigrate to Canada right now!

Wow, that was easily the best speech I've ever heard Bono give....wow, I got the chills and tears in my eyes!

Even all the commentators were awe-struck. One normally-negative one (Craig Oliver) said: "That was brilliant, evocative, incredibly powerful. Good thing people here have already cast their ballots - they would probably all reconsider and vote for Bono after THAT speech"... :)

Haha, they're still all talking about it! Bono hijacked the party!!!
(Most of them are just stating that Paul Martin has a very hard act to follow when he gives his speech. (Paul Martin is the new PM for those that aren't aware..)

I SAW BONO!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

5af4d7e7.jpg

:hyper::D:D:D

Last edited:
Yes, check out www.atu2.com in the next few days...they may have something...

And if you have nice Canadian friends, they could probably tape it for you (it will replay on C-Span channel)

Ooh, Paul Martin himself just mentionned how "remarkable" bono's speech was in his own inductee speech...

For those that are wondering, by the way, I think the speech ran 20-25 minutes - it was fairly long! (and hardly Bono rambling, he had pages and pages with him from which he read from time to time).

ladywithspinninghead said:
Yes, check out www.atu2.com in the next few days...they may have something...

And if you have nice Canadian friends, they could probably tape it for you (it will replay on C-Span channel)

Ooh, Paul Martin himself just mentionned how "remarkable" bono's speech was in his own inductee speech...

For those that are wondering, by the way, I think the speech ran 20-25 minutes - it was fairly long! (and hardly Bono rambling, he had pages and pages with him from which he read from time to time).

Thanks, I was wondering how long it was (I just caught about the last 12 minutes of it) :)

I got a strange error message when I clicked that--"bad request", error message 400. Damn, I want to see Bono give a speech or something so badly I can taste it..........damn error message :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

verte76 said:
I got a strange error message when I clicked that--"bad request", error message 400. Damn, I want to see Bono give a speech or something so badly I can taste it..........damn error message :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

It acted strangely for me too at first (and I have a cable modem) - it kinda stopped halfway through. When I played it again, it was okay but the picture froze after about five minutes, but I could hear the sound okay :shrug: Maybe just alot of people are accessing their server right now?

Diane L said:
Who wants to emigrate to Canada right now!

Me!

I am in awe. That speech kicked butt (I liked the part about women..."All the ladies in the house"...hehe...:hug: :bono:...). Seriously...if he ever were to run for office...:up:.

And there were so many other great parts of that speech, too...interesting stories and statistics and everything (god, Canada's ahead of the U.S. in giving of money to poor nations...granted, not by much, but still...come on, America!).

I also loved the part where he said that we won't put products from the poorest nations on our shelves, but we'll flood their markets with our products. That is so true!

Gah...I could go on and on about this speech...but I'll shut up now and let someone else talk. :).

So I will merely conclude with this:

:bow:=:bono:.

Angela

After hearing it again I thought the funniest part was when he started talking about how nice Canadian people are. How he was niced to death at the airport and how they could take over the world with their niceness.

"Could I please have the Kremlin, oh thank you"

God, what a character!!

Last edited:
"I believe in women organizing around these issues" :bono: :love: :heart:

Wow, that ruled. And it's funny, I've been thinking that America's empire is due to decline historically--they all do. We took over after England. I nominate Canada to be next. Maybe ya'll will do a better job than the rest of us have until now.

Thanks for that link!

SD

Back
Top Bottom