BONO on the cover of ROLLING STONE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't wait to get it too....and you're right Bonochick - the US Mail has a way of totally destroying magazines before they reach us...:mad:

Jagger admits he "was tempted" to perform the controversial "Sweet Neo Con" at the October 3rd show in Washington, D.C.: "But we only rehearsed it a couple of times. I thought, 'Oh, God, not now.'" He did have some fun at the expense of Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers. "She's had a busy week," he told the D.C. crowd. "She looked high, she looked low . . . she looked in the mirror and said, 'Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest judge of all?'

"I'm not going to turn into Bono," Jagger says of his stage raps. "I stick to a few jokes, wind 'em up a bit if they've got a football team that's lost."

I know i'm going to sound like an idiot for saying this, but is the cover meant to be ironic (because it reminds me a bit of Jesus)?

:reject:

Lila64 said:
Just found this picture on flickr

RollingStoneCover-Bono.jpg

:combust:

Yummmm! :drool:

*cough* www.TheGreatEscapeOnLine.com :shifty:

This site is where I bought 2 magazines from ZooTV era from...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Jagger admits he "was tempted" to perform the controversial "Sweet Neo Con" at the October 3rd show in Washington, D.C.: "But we only rehearsed it a couple of times. I thought, 'Oh, God, not now.'" He did have some fun at the expense of Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers. "She's had a busy week," he told the D.C. crowd. "She looked high, she looked low . . . she looked in the mirror and said, 'Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest judge of all?'

"I'm not going to turn into Bono," Jagger says of his stage raps. "I stick to a few jokes, wind 'em up a bit if they've got a football team that's lost."

Wimp:p

:wink:

(OT: I almost bought a ticket to see the Stones last night. They must have released some on ticketmaster. I say almost because the ticket was $400 + fees :yikes:. Anyway, I'm glad I stayed home because I got to listen to the gorman/ramblin rose stream for free :D

beau2ifulday said:
I know i'm going to sound like an idiot for saying this, but is the cover meant to be ironic (because it reminds me a bit of Jesus)?

:reject:

how did you know the face of Jesus?

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

Wimp:p

:wink:

(OT: I almost bought a ticket to see the Stones last night. They must have released some on ticketmaster. I say almost because the ticket was $400 + fees :yikes:. Anyway, I'm glad I stayed home because I got to listen to the gorman/ramblin rose stream for free :D

I paid like 45 to see them in Pittsburgh...nosebleed section...they were eh...:| ...only went because Pearl Jam was opening:shh::drool:

I would have killed myself if I paid 400..good call:wink:

Ok, I need reviving! This is one of thee most droolsome pix I've ever seen of our man..:drool: :drool: :drool:

...too bad he's shaved off his beard...:sad: :sad:

I hope he grows it again...:drool: :drool:

.....Mmmmm, whiskery B.... beard burns...oh save my soul..:drool: :drool:

Bono's Doll said:
I just panted out loud at work. Must put on grocery list to pick up this weekend. I have that 92 RS & I bought a purse somewhere along time ago that was made with that cover on it. :drool:

I bought that purse for my best friend for her birthday a couple of years ago on eBay too!

Thank you for posting the link! Wow a lot of insight into who Bono really is. As a writer I would kill for the opportunity to interview him and the rest of U2,lol. By the way I think it's kind of cute that Larry named his son Elvis,lol.

I just read the first page of the article via the link on Interference's front page -- and was so disappointed when I couldn't get pages 2-4!!! It's a magnificent, magnificent interview. I love this guy.

Back
Top Bottom