Bono on The Cover Of Q Magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fixed the perspective of the picture, but it still looks scary :happy:

scary9lz.jpg

nikkyjade said:
yes the pics are better inside! although there is another similar to the cover but he has his green shades on so you cant even see his eyes to compensate for the slick hair! i reckon he had it tied back (hopefully!!!)

good interview....not great....but good! nice little insight into what "mischief" he gets up to *ahem* i shall say no more :wink:

hey nikkyjade, this is the second thread you make us hungry and then you leave.

You have this magazine already ? (cover says januari 2006), maybe you can scan the interview for the ones who don't have access to the goodies? :wink:

greety said:

hey nikkyjade, this is the second thread you make us hungry and then you leave.

You have this magazine already ? (cover says januari 2006), maybe you can scan the interview for the ones who don't have access to the goodies? :wink:

I too am hoping that some one will scan this interview! Just can't get enough of our B-man!:drool: Creepy cover photo though:ohmy:

Queen Bee said:
I fixed the perspective of the picture, but it still looks scary :happy:

scary9lz.jpg

The scariest part? I think the "before you fixed the perspective of the picture" scan is 'even better than the real thing!'

The "front-on" version is even worse!!

What were they thinking?!?!?!

eek!

But alas, I still :heart: him.

Oh man.. :ohmy: :lol:

I need it anyway! :D Just got the "Rolling Stone" magazine today. I live in Norway, so the magazines are slow... I've been asking the store when it comes almost every single day for 3 weeks! They are probably sick of me now. :eyebrow:
I'm gonna keep an eye out for Q now :wink:

so i take it that Q doesn't airbrush their photos... :eyebrow:

not the best pic of Bono, but it's great that he's Man of the Year!!! :up: looking forward to getting my hands on this issue...

I love Q, and it's cool that Bono is on the cover...but that pic isn't doing much for me. :huh:

Same here--but must have for collection. Maybe the photos inside are better. (Like how he looks in the OOTS video without glasses :drool: )

ramblin rose said:
Does Bono say there will be a new album in 2006 in this interview.:ohmy:

Here is a bit of the interview from this months Q magazine

(During the flight, Bono wanders off to hold a brief meeting with the "brothers". He comes back to tell me they have decided to record a new album after the tour.)

Q Magazine: Are you really recording a new U2 album in 2006?

Bono: Yes, I want to serve these men. I want to go back to working for them. They're dignified men and we're onto something here. Edge has never played like this before. We need to record some songs where we dont respect the conventions too much. Let Edge run amok. And Larry. If we concentrate we might knock another extraordinary couple of albums out.

:happy:

That would be pretty quick if it happens!

January, 2002: U2 back in the studio

Though it is barely a month since the third leg of U2's Elevation World Tour has ended, reports surface that the band is already in the studio working on new material for another album. "The band is so tight, coming straight off the tour. We've hit form," Bono tells Hot Press magazine.

Sweet i :heart: Q....but that picture is :down:....thats the first pic of Bono from a photographer i really don't like...:shifty:

Anyways hopefully better pics inside...and always a good read ...thanks for sharing :)

What will happen is that they will go in "tight", hit a snag, get tight again, hit another snag, then get really loose :shifty:, yet another snag, and theeeeeeeeeeen we'll get an album . . . in about 4 years :wink:.

But I'd love to see Larry "run amok" :lol:. I'm not sure that Larry even has a "run amok" mode, but I'd love to find out :lmao:.

Party poopers.:sad:

kellyahern said:
But I'd love to see Larry "run amok" :lol:. I'm not sure that Larry even has a "run amok" mode, but I'd love to find out :lmao:.

Larry "running amok" :drool:, that would sure end all of the rumors that he's in pain.

I think it's because they brought on a new person to do the HTAAB album and that didn't work. So they brought on someone who was familiar with them. So I'm assuming that they will work with Brian Eno and whoever else. You may be surprised that they actually do come out with a record in late 2006-early 2007.

Anyone want to bet? :shifty:

U2Girl1978 said:
I think it's because they brought on a new person to do the HTDAAB album and that didn't work. So they brought on someone who was familiar with them. So I'm assuming that they will work with Brian Eno and whoever else. You may be surprised that they actually do come out with a record in late 2006-early 2007.

Anyone want to bet? :shifty:

I like this theory. Maybe this time they'll not experiment with new people and get what they want first time around...

I mean, we have at least one report of them practicing a new, song during rehearsals. I'm sure there are more I've not heard of yet, so maybe they'll have some concrete ideas going into the recording process?

I'm keeping my Nov. 2006 prediction for the next album for now. I'm a whacked-out, irrational optimist when it comes to this band sometimes. I also have hope that the next album will be a guitar-driven, kick-ass, rock-n-roll extravaganza that will be unanimously considered a masterpiece.

Back
Top Bottom