Bono on new album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
From our friends at U2log comes this item:

"Gavin Friday, Maurice Seezer and a full ensemble, featuring guest appearances by Dave-id, Guggi, Bono and Andrea Corr, have been working with producer Hal Willner in a Dublin studio this past week. The ensemble has been put together to record an album compilation of ‘shanties and seamen’s work songs’. Six songs have been recorded so far."

Imagine the video this might inspire! Sounds like a lot of fun!

:dance: Oh boy, I love sea shanties!!! I really do! :reject:
Thanks for the tip, biff! :applaud:

greety said:
Could this be an april's fool prank??

I just read it too, but I'm very suspicious when it come to anything said or written on that particular day :wink:

I was thinking that.

But it'd definatly be a fun album if it did come out! :lol:

greety said:

I just read it too, but I'm very suspicious when it come to anything said or written on that particular day :wink:

err shite, you're right... I forgot what day it was... :reject:
never trust anything on this day... that way you won't be dissapointed :)

btw, six songs in a week, is quite much, considering Bono wasn't there all the time (the beckett thing, and last night the awards...)..

Ha! I forgot it was April Fool's day. (duh) Oh well, I still love sea shanties! :D

VicksSs said:
April Fool's day?? What's that?? :sad: :ohmy:

it's something that started in europe, called different in each country, and on April Fool's day people make little jokes and pranks with each other... the most common here is saying the laces of your shoes are loose, and then you look down, and they arent... it's really lame, but the media also has some pranks... Guinnes had one a few years back, they announced they sponsored the Millenium, and Greenwitch from GMT was changed into Guinness...

greety said:

I suppose that's possible. However, what does lend credence to this story is the fact that Hal Willner has done other projects of this type, tributes to different musical genres. He has also produced work for Gavin Friday. As well, Caroline, the webmistress at U2log, is quite friendly with Gavin Friday (she knows him personally), and also runs a website devoted to him. This story is also posted at that site. I vote for it being true.:shrug:

Galeongirl said:

btw, six songs in a week, is quite much, considering Bono wasn't there all the time (the beckett thing, and last night the awards...)..

Note that the item says Bono and the others are making "guest appearances" and that this is a Friday/Seezer record. It doesn't say that Bono sang on all six songs.

wow! I love sea shanties! my friends and I are BSA sea scouts, and we learned all sorts of sea shanties to sing on the boat, so, if this is true, I cant wait for it to be released!

AtomicBono said:
Sea shanties? Are those like songs for pirates to sing? ARRR!

"Yo ho ho and a bottle 'o rum..." :wink: I was thinking more along the lines of the band Great Big Sea. I love them!

Today on one of my U2 lists the moderator announced he was no longer a U2 fan and was burning all of his U2 stuff. It was an April fool's joke. I used to know how this got started but I forget now. :reject:

Bono Mot said:

:wave: Can't you see Bono doing one of their sea shantie songs? :D

Actually, considering the lyrics, I've always harbored a secret wish to hear Bono sing Sean's "Love" from the "Something Beautiful" cd.

This idea brought to you by one whose hand has been kissed by both Alan Doyle and Sean McCann, LOL

:sexywink:

TWO GBS fans! Wow. We should probably take this elsewhere, so if you'd like to discuss, PM me! People who don't know GBS are going to be bored out of their skulls by this bit of the thread. :wink:

Caroline has mentioned in the comments section on the site that it is not a joke.

All I can say is arr-ha-ha-ha-harrrg! :lol:

Galeongirl said:

it's something that started in europe, called different in each country, and on April Fool's day people make little jokes and pranks with each other... the most common here is saying the laces of your shoes are loose, and then you look down, and they arent... it's really lame, but the media also has some pranks... Guinnes had one a few years back, they announced they sponsored the Millenium, and Greenwitch from GMT was changed into Guinness...

:yes:
Here in Italy we call it "Pesce d'Aprile" (fish of april...don't ask me why it's called like that!) and one of the most stupid joke is to attach on the shoulder of someone a lil fish ;)

Back
Top Bottom