Bono On Nbc News Now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well then you have an ahead alert and you won't miss it!:) Now everyone in the other time zones knows what's coming on the NBC Nightly News.

I'm watching it RIGHT now...

Did anyone just hear what I just heard?:|

(8 new U2 songs going back to Dublin after this?!?!?)

Thanks for the reminder! I just hung up on someone :ohmy: I thought it was a friend calling to say "Bono's on TV", but it was a telemarketer wanting to do a survey!!! :banghead: Uh, sorry, not while Bono's on TV!

:ohmy:

And the lyrics sounded amazing, from what I could hear over the plane jet engine!!!:wink:

Haha, B had the lyrics written down on scrap pieces of paper.

All I kept thinking was, "Oh please, Bono, don't LOSE them!!!" :huh: :wink:

hardly any face time... I was expecting more than what we got.. mainly soundbytes thats it.. Good reporting though...
:|

Oh well, we did get news about 8 new songs!

Hey ya'll, Bono is on CNBC right now (at least here). Not sure if it's been posted anywhere else :)

ETA: It was just a segment about the whole (PRODUCT) RED. A short interview w/ Bono in Africa. He definitely mentioned Sesame Street though :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I was a bit confused about the whole Sesame Street thing too. Bono kept pulling different things (the phone, a shirt, the credit card, etc.) out of his pockets and he said "I feel like I'm on Sesame Street. Brought to you by the letter U!" or something like that. I was like alrighty then.

In other words, the Brian Williams Nightly News will lead off with the Bono story, right? That will be 6:30pm PST in S.Calif.

:runstomachinetoscheduleTivo:

u2shamrock said:
Yeah, I was a bit confused about the whole Sesame Street thing too. Bono kept pulling different things (the phone, a shirt, the credit card, etc.) out of his pockets and he said "I feel like I'm on Sesame Street. Brought to you by the letter U!" or something like that. I was like alrighty then.

:lol:

Yes Lila, it was the first story. There was also a bit at the end too.

I always wanted U2 to appear on "Sesame Street".

I thought they would be a wonderful addition to the show.

I thought it would be great to have Bono sing "Beautiful Day" to Oscar the Grouch! :laugh:

It was a lovely interview with Bono tonight.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

8 new songs sounds great to me! lyrics sounded amazing... cannot waiiiiiiiiiiitttt!

the report was awesome, just like last nights. did anyone host partys for this?

I hosted a party! Of course, it was just my family, but still. Great story, I thought. Normally my hubby's eyes kind of glaze over when he hears the words Bono or Africa, but this report actually got his attention. I'm hoping that's true of a lot of other people who watched tonight, too!

Personally, I was thrilled to hear he has 8 new songs already and is heading back to the studio w/the boys soon. I didn't really catch much of the lyrics he read, but hopefully we'll get a file of it sometime so we can listen again.

an_cat said:
Haha, B had the lyrics written down on scrap pieces of paper.

All I kept thinking was, "Oh please, Bono, don't LOSE them!!!" :huh: :wink:

too funny! I didn't think of that...
maybe he's got them on scraps of paper and has sung them into a pda or mp3 player of some kind too and then uploaded them onto another computer...didn't he say in that "Bono answers..." piece that he'll put these songs down on some kind of media other than scraps of paper lol?!
Scrap paper maybe is important to his process!

I just channel surfed thru my usual suspects (the cablenews stations) and caught the last 3 seconds of Brian Williams and Bono in front of that interesting-looking structure in Ghana!
It was a little spot for "On the Money" on CNBC...did anybody catch or tape, per chance?!
The closing bit I saw had Brian Williams saying something like "thanks so much Bono, you're a really generous and great person" or something like that and smiling sincerely, shaking hands and Bono shaking back and telling Brian that he too is a great man. sounds kinda tacky mutual admiration society, but it came off sincerely and Brian's smile was kinda open, non-officious, boyish almost. It was cute, disarming from Brian who is obviously personable but also with such gravitas...he seemed to have caught an enthusiasm from Bono and it looked like he was doing a happy newbie field report for a second there. And Bono looked so lovely and relaxed and happily busy...gotta wonder if he's sleeping much, writing lots of new songs and whirlwind travelling, but he seems rested!
cheers...

edit: ooh, just saw people's posts above about the CNBC clip...he mentioned sesame street?! pulling things out of his pocket?! was he digging for a sample of the new RED card?!
I'm confused...if Bono was being so funny in the segment then that might explain the happy ending I saw lol!

I didn't see any opportunity for re-viewing on cnbc's nightowl schedule, damn. I like that show pretty well too for a cnbc features show. The car bit came on right after bono....
cheers again!

Last edited:
one4u2 said:
8 new songs :hyper: :hyper:

lets break that down shall we?
-2 songs right away will be deemed "shit" and/or "crap"
-2 song will be nothing but one long verse - they will not have an actual chorus
-1 song will actually be too close to another already song already recorded by another band
-2 songs will need to be combined into one song -produced by at least 4 different producers before it is deemed acceptable
-1 song will be completely reworked on the last day of recording - released as a b-side

so that gives us a grand total of 2 songs

:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom