Bono on MTV (and ONE.org) Next Saturday Night !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hey PLEBA,

I found this info at ONE.org last night and thought for sure somebody might post it here but since no one has - I will. :up:

Bono will be in NYC next weekend to do some activities with Bill Clinton, Alicia Keys and others in an attempt to raise awareness and hopefully increased activism for our movement to make extreme poverty history.

Check this out:

President Bill Clinton, Bono, Chris Rock, Shakira, Alicia Keys — not a bad way to spend your Saturday night. On September 29, ONE will join them and MTV for a special event urging young people to get aware and get active in the work to end extreme poverty.

The star-studded event will take place at the historic Apollo Theatre in New York City as part of the Clinton Global Initiative, a three-day conference overflowing with world leaders, CEOs, celebrities and luminaries hosted by the Clinton Foundation.

Dubbed as “CGI and MTV present: Giving—Live at the Apollo,” the talk between Presdient Clinton, Bono and the stars will be moderated by MTV News and webcast live here on www.one.org, as well as think.mtv.com. A special on the day’s events will be broadcast later on MTV.

The forum will focus on the energy, the idealism and the powerful message young people can give to the movement to lift millions of people out of poverty. The event will feature organizations and initiatives that are empowering young people by giving them the tools and inspiration to change our world.

But there will be more than just talk at the event: Alicia Keys and Shakira will perform live, and ONE plans on making some noise of its own! Come back to ONE.org to check out a live webcast Saturday night to see it all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.one.org/blog/2007/09/21/cgi-saturday-night-and-live/#comment-526929

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So keep your eyes and ears open regarding this event - it looks like there may be some more info regarding this event still to come.

Gotta love Bono........:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Jamila said:
So keep your eyes and ears open regarding this event - it looks like there may be some more info regarding this event still to come.

Grazie mille for sharing this news!
I also have read on Mtv.com that it will be webcast live at
Think.mtv.com
One.org
KeepAChildAlive.com

Sounds great
:combust:

...and darn, I've got to go out for my mother's birthday that saturday night! :banghead:

Wow, thank you for the information! Such a busy time ahead of Bono. I don't have MTV, but I will watch one of the webcasts, so exciting. I hope he'll perform something as well. It would be so nice to hear him singing Don't Give Up with Alicia again.

Great news. :up:

Jamila said:
Hey PLEBA,

I found this info at ONE.org last night and thought for sure somebody might post it here but since no one has - I will. :up:

Bono will be in NYC next weekend to do some activities with Bill Clinton, Alicia Keys and others in an attempt to raise awareness and hopefully increased activism for our movement to make extreme poverty history.

Check this out:

President Bill Clinton, Bono, Chris Rock, Shakira, Alicia Keys — not a bad way to spend your Saturday night. On September 29, ONE will join them and MTV for a special event urging young people to get aware and get active in the work to end extreme poverty.

The star-studded event will take place at the historic Apollo Theatre in New York City as part of the Clinton Global Initiative, a three-day conference overflowing with world leaders, CEOs, celebrities and luminaries hosted by the Clinton Foundation.

Dubbed as “CGI and MTV present: Giving—Live at the Apollo,” the talk between Presdient Clinton, Bono and the stars will be moderated by MTV News and webcast live here on www.one.org, as well as think.mtv.com. A special on the day’s events will be broadcast later on MTV.

The forum will focus on the energy, the idealism and the powerful message young people can give to the movement to lift millions of people out of poverty. The event will feature organizations and initiatives that are empowering young people by giving them the tools and inspiration to change our world.

But there will be more than just talk at the event: Alicia Keys and Shakira will perform live, and ONE plans on making some noise of its own! Come back to ONE.org to check out a live webcast Saturday night to see it all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.one.org/blog/2007/09/21/cgi-saturday-night-and-live/#comment-526929

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gotta love Bono........:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Wahooo!!! thanks for the update Jamila!! WOW, he is just one busy man isn't he!!! I will be ready to watch the webcast on that too then and ready to watch for all the great new pix and hear all the important discussion that will take place!!!!

I'm gonna go run and post this on the myspace now...Great exciting news!!!!

Waiiit could you get tickets to be there in MTV studios when theyre doing it?!??!?!??!?!

From MTV:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1570284/20070921/bono.jhtml#

Bono, Alicia Keys, Shakira Team Up With MTV, Bill Clinton For 'Giving' Event
September 29 concert and social-change discussion will be webcast live on
Think.MTV.com; Keys and Shakira will perform.

By James Montgomery

Bono, Alicia Keys, Shakira, Chris Rock and former President Bill Clinton will take part
in a roundtable discussion on the state of youth activism, set to take place September
29 at the legendary Apollo Theater in New York. Keys and Shakira will also perform
at the event.
The event, called "Giving - Live at the Apollo," is co-sponsored by MTV and the
Clinton Global Initiative, and is being held in conjunction with the Initiative's annual
three-day conference in New York.
At the roundtable, each individual will discuss their own efforts to bring about social
change, and will invite youth around the world to join them in a brand-new initiative —
one designed to improve communities here in the U.S. and help people living in the
poorest places on the planet. The event will be moderated by MTV News
correspondent Sway.
Other sponsors of the event include ONE: The Campaign to Make Poverty History
(one.org), a coalition of more than 2.4 million Americans banded together to end to
extreme global poverty and preventable disease; "Keep a Child Alive," which
provides life-saving AIDS medicines directly to children and families with HIV/AIDS in
Africa; and Fundacion ALAS, a coalition of artists, intellectuals and
entrepreneurs dedicated to improving the health and education of Latin American
children.
Both the discussion and the concert will be webcast live on Think.MTV.com, One.org
and KeepAChildAlive.org. A TV special will be broadcast later on MTV, mtvU and
MTV Tr3s.

Link for the webcast:

http://think.mtv.com/

I still haven't found out when exactly the webcast will start.

It's great to see all the enthusiasm here but the article does not say anything about this being a public event and/or how to go about getting tix, so I think that everybody needs to just be patient and see how this turns out.

Just keep checking the websites already given above for more info.

ONE note: while seeing Bono is great, the ONE thing I know that he would tell us (as I have heard him say personally) is that going to these events should not be about seeing him or meeting him.

I can say much about Bono - I know (because he has told me so) that his fervent hope would be that everybody who is so anxious to meet him would be just as anxious to GET INVOLVED in the movement to make extreme poverty history. :rockon:

That is why he shows up for these events.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Jamila said:

ONE note: while seeing Bono is great, the ONE thing I know that he would tell us (as I have heard him say personally) is that going to these events should not be about seeing him or meeting him.

I can say much about Bono - I know (because he has told me so) that his fervent hope would be that everybody who is so anxious to meet him would be just as anxious to GET INVOLVED in the movement to make extreme poverty history. :rockon:

That is why he shows up for these events.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Rock on. :rockon:
Yeah, thats why I would really like to go to this especially because he is directly speaking to the youth this time.
So if anyone hears anything post it :D

If the powers that be at MTV (television) really wanted to redeem themselves, they should show this live, not someone talking over the real action with a clip here and there.

But of course that's going to be asking too much. :|

I really hope they prove me wrong and step up to the plate on this one. Either way I'll be watching.
Thanks Jamila.. :up:
hope we're all pleasantly surprised and see some good footage of the conference as well as everyone - including Bono and Bill
(just love to hear him speak) involved. :wink:

Thanks for everyONE's interest in this event.

If you're fortunate to see this event in person - wonderful!

If not, you can join the rest of us online next Saturday night. :sexywink:

Last unicorn, do we have to prepare us a oversize dose of coffee to stay awake? :D

onekea said:
Last unicorn, do we have to prepare us a oversize dose of coffee to stay awake? :D

:yes:

Thank God the following day is Sunday.

Have we found out when this is going to start yet?

I'm looking really forward to this, hope my internet connection won't screw up the stream.

Back
Top Bottom