Bono on E! program, Celebrities Uncensored 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queen Bee

Blue Crack Addict
Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Bono was on E! Celebrities Uncensored 11 last week in a quick segment with Heather Graham.

The narrator speculated about a fling between Heather and Bono. :rolleyes:

I made some captures for anyone who may have missed it.

3389339923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323456953%3B44ot1lsi

Narrator: "Later that night, Heather exits with rocker Bono. Were they. . .canoodling?"

3389339923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323456953%3B55ot1lsi

3389339923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323456953%3A%3C%3Bot1lsi

3389339923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323456953%3A%3C8ot1lsi

3389339923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323456953%3A%3C7ot1lsi

3389339923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232345694%3B%3A%3B9ot1lsi

3389339923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232345694%3B%3A%3B2ot1lsi

3389339923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232345694%3B%3A%3A%3Aot1lsi

Last edited:
Great stills, Queen Bee, thank you! Now I know where the flag waving pic and the looking in the box pic came from!

:rant: I don't get E!!!

Anyone willing to help eep actually see this?

Note those that don't know me....I collect U2 video stuff even if it is only 5 seconds long - I'm that crazy!

I don't think it's very good of E to insinuate that Bono and Heather Graham are having a fling. If they were-I think Bono would have been much less accomodating to those photographers. You know if they were catching him being bad for all the world to see. I don't like that channel, they're too cheesy !:madspit:

From the episodes I've seen of this show, I'll say this-I wouldn't take the narrator's comments too seriously...a lot of them are just some jokes he's making while narrating. He knows full well there's nothing going on between Heather and Bono, it was just all in fun.

Personally, the couple of times I have seen Bono on there, I must say I'm pleased to see him acting mature around the photographers...he just stops, lets them do their thing, and moves on. No fights with the camera people, nothing along that line. I think that's cool. :).

Course, I would expect that maturity from him anyway.

Angela

I don't see it listed this week. however, E! doesn't always go by it's on schedule. If you're interested 100 sexiest artist will be on VH1 Friday 4 (eastern)and Bono is number 73 I think. I saw a great repeat on the VMA awards through the years - day before yesterday. the artist who have performed there, etc. Talked alot about U2's technical problems in one performance and another time the show went live to a zoo concert and David Spade played drums on Even better than the real thing, as Garth. They were shown quite a few times in that show. I had a hard time getting ready for work. was afraid I'd miss something. Lunch is over :wave:

Last edited:
sue4u2 said:
I don't see it listed this week. however, E! doesn't always go by it's on schedule. If you're interested 100 sexiest artist will be on VH1 Friday 4 (eastern)and Bono is number 73 I think. I saw a great repeat on the VMA awards through the years - day before yesterday. the artist who have performed there, etc. Talked alot about U2's technical problems in one performance and another time the show went live to a zoo concert and David Spade played drums on Even better than the real thing, as Garth. They were shown quite a few times in that show. I had a hard time getting ready for work. was afraid I'd miss something. Lunch is over :wave:

Not David Spade, Dana Carvey. :).

I wish I'd been at that show. It looked so cool (man, imagine how awesome it'd be to have U2 asking you to play on a song!).

Yeah, the story of the technical problems was funny. I remember watching that and not having a clue there were problems at the time.

I like seeing that medley of all the artists that have been at that show over the years. Talk about your who's who of music.

Angela

Oops, that's what happens when your're looking over your shoulder for the boss. Got to stop going on line at work. WOW this just posted all by itself. Had to edit to finish the sentence. That was weird. :shrug: I'm not even drinking.... yet. *that what's wrong* Being there had to be the ultimate.
Just seeing parts of it on TV gives me chills.

Last edited:
I haven't posted in awhile, but I saw this and had to reply.

Sorry, if I'm ranting but I have to stand on my soapbox for a minute. ;)

I know some might could say I'm taking this too seriously, but... I'm *so* sick of people accusing him of being a "cheater." I don't really care if reporters like this person, or anyone, assume that the life of a rock star is seeing women. :mad: Now I could understand how one would get the idea if he seemed a lil too close to people, but he does not. I'm one who notices body language and especially emotion from the eyes, and his eyes would give it away as well as he would seem "guilty."

Anyway, I know perhaps I'm taking it too seriously. It's just I'm sick of the allegations he gets all the time.

Here's my reasons why I think he IS NOT a cheat:

1) Faith -- he has a whole bunch of it. Always wearing a rosary around his neck. And a lot of his songs are about his religious beliefs. Yeah I know this may sound naive and I know some people of faith do go against it, but being that he's so avid in his beliefs, I don't think so. Even if he doesn't think of himself as the perfect example.

2) Rather the comment was meant to be tongue and cheek, the author should know the outcome of his words. (And it also "ruins" being a fan for some people, because everytime you think of it you get angry someone would accuse him. But that's just me and my weird emotions? ;) ) And so what if Bono was "canoodling"? That's not the same as "cheating" and having a relationship. And if it were really true and he was, why would he be like "hey this is me" to the camera. He'd appear to be more guilty. Just like someone said in an earlier post. Plus I would think if he really felt something for her, he'd be in the backseat, press or not. He wouldn't be playing it cool, he'd be trying to cover up or rush into the car. The pix are not even showing them looking with "admiration" to each other. Nothing more than a friendly smile. So KristinF, I'm with you on this one. I'm super angry at E!, and have lost a lot of respect for their channel.

3) Commitment to Ali - just look at them in public. You can tell he has A LOT of respect for Ali. As a friend and as a spouse. And he talks highly of her, he's spoken of his love for her, and really got angry at the tabloids before for speculating he was seeing anyone behind her back. Even immortalised her as the "cat" in the "Peter and the Wolf" book, supposably. Why would someone react this way if they were to cheat?

4) Bono and Ali's kids. Also, he has a tremendous amount of respect for them, as well as being a great father. Plus she's a no nonsense woman. Their marriage would not be as long standing and as intense if he were a "cheat."

5) Also like someone said in an earlier post, look at the source this comes from, "Uncensored blah blah" on E! I mean come on, this channel is ALWAYS speculating everything about everyone. Especially people in high profile, such as Bono. They're turned into a gossip channel. It's not news, it's GOSSIP. And you know what they say about gossip...

6) Like reason #2 points out, I want to comment on that further. Bono is a VERY touch oriented person. Remember the story about his Dad saying he picked up bumble bees by their stingers? I mean come on, it takes a very socialable touch oriented person to be able to do that. As someone said long ago in the forum here, if it were anyone else you'd wonder, but being Bono is friends with everyone, gets along with everyone, and always finds a silver lining with whomever he meets, he is going to be a huggy sort of person. To be personal for a second, I feel he is looking for acceptance (losing his mom at an early age is probably part of it) in people, so he compensates for that need by being that way. I remember him saying how sometimes he still feels "unloved."

Well, these are my reasons. I mean no disrespect to the person who originally posted this, QueenBee -- from your eyerolling emoticon I get the feeling you don't believe their accusations either. Or if anyone disagrees. And I'm sorry if I seem a bit like an arrogant know it all, I don't mean to come off as one. So please take no offense to this post. It's just me ranting and rambling.

Thanks for listening. :)

My 2 cents,

My 2 cents as well.
Look where this reliable story comes from the "E!" channel.
That station is nothing but gossipy crap. I don't believe it either.
I bet if Bono reads this crap, he'll be pissed off.

:applaud: Right on Bonofied U!

Good to see you again too! How's the website coming? Any new pics? Please post more! :wave:

Bonofied U said:
I haven't posted in awhile, but I saw this and had to reply.

Sorry, if I'm ranting but I have to stand on my soapbox for a minute. ;)

I know some might could say I'm taking this too seriously, but... I'm *so* sick of people accusing him of being a "cheater." I don't really care if reporters like this person, or anyone, assume that the life of a rock star is seeing women. :mad: Now I could understand how one would get the idea if he seemed a lil too close to people, but he does not. I'm one who notices body language and especially emotion from the eyes, and his eyes would give it away as well as he would seem "guilty."

Anyway, I know perhaps I'm taking it too seriously. It's just I'm sick of the allegations he gets all the time.

Here's my reasons why I think he IS NOT a cheat:

1) Faith -- he has a whole bunch of it. Always wearing a rosary around his neck. And a lot of his songs are about his religious beliefs. Yeah I know this may sound naive and I know some people of faith do go against it, but being that he's so avid in his beliefs, I don't think so. Even if he doesn't think of himself as the perfect example.

2) Rather the comment was meant to be tongue and cheek, the author should know the outcome of his words. (And it also "ruins" being a fan for some people, because everytime you think of it you get angry someone would accuse him. But that's just me and my weird emotions? ;) ) And so what if Bono was "canoodling"? That's not the same as "cheating" and having a relationship. And if it were really true and he was, why would he be like "hey this is me" to the camera. He'd appear to be more guilty. Just like someone said in an earlier post. Plus I would think if he really felt something for her, he'd be in the backseat, press or not. He wouldn't be playing it cool, he'd be trying to cover up or rush into the car. The pix are not even showing them looking with "admiration" to each other. Nothing more than a friendly smile. So KristinF, I'm with you on this one. I'm super angry at E!, and have lost a lot of respect for their channel.

3) Commitment to Ali - just look at them in public. You can tell he has A LOT of respect for Ali. As a friend and as a spouse. And he talks highly of her, he's spoken of his love for her, and really got angry at the tabloids before for speculating he was seeing anyone behind her back. Even immortalised her as the "cat" in the "Peter and the Wolf" book, supposably. Why would someone react this way if they were to cheat?

4) Bono and Ali's kids. Also, he has a tremendous amount of respect for them, as well as being a great father. Plus she's a no nonsense woman. Their marriage would not be as long standing and as intense if he were a "cheat."

5) Also like someone said in an earlier post, look at the source this comes from, "Uncensored blah blah" on E! I mean come on, this channel is ALWAYS speculating everything about everyone. Especially people in high profile, such as Bono. They're turned into a gossip channel. It's not news, it's GOSSIP. And you know what they say about gossip...

6) Like reason #2 points out, I want to comment on that further. Bono is a VERY touch oriented person. Remember the story about his Dad saying he picked up bumble bees by their stingers? I mean come on, it takes a very socialable touch oriented person to be able to do that. As someone said long ago in the forum here, if it were anyone else you'd wonder, but being Bono is friends with everyone, gets along with everyone, and always finds a silver lining with whomever he meets, he is going to be a huggy sort of person. To be personal for a second, I feel he is looking for acceptance (losing his mom at an early age is probably part of it) in people, so he compensates for that need by being that way. I remember him saying how sometimes he still feels "unloved."

Well, these are my reasons. I mean no disrespect to the person who originally posted this, QueenBee -- from your eyerolling emoticon I get the feeling you don't believe their accusations either. Or if anyone disagrees. And I'm sorry if I seem a bit like an arrogant know it all, I don't mean to come off as one. So please take no offense to this post. It's just me ranting and rambling.

Thanks for listening. :)

My 2 cents,

No, don't worry, makes perfect sense to me. Those reasons are all very true, good ones.

Like I said, I know the guy was just joking...but you're right, anyone who doesn't care much for Bono would certainly run with that and say stupid stuff. :rolleyes:.

Bono's just a very friendly guy, like you said. With everyone-guys and girls alike.

Angela

U2Kitten said:
:applaud: Right on Bonofied U!

Good to see you again too! How's the website coming? Any new pics? Please post more! :wave:

Thanks! :) I have tremendous amount of respect for him and just hate seeing this tabloid stuff popping up.

Yeah I've found some new pix. :) The website is coming along ok, but taking longer than I expected. I'm trying to find a theme for it. I've taken 3D Bono to a whole new level.

Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
No, don't worry, makes perfect sense to me. Those reasons are all very true, good ones.

Like I said, I know the guy was just joking...but you're right, anyone who doesn't care much for Bono would certainly run with that and say stupid stuff. .

Bono's just a very friendly guy, like you said. With everyone-guys and girls alike.

Thanks, Angela! I'm relieved noone is flaming me for my words, however I didn't think anyone would. But sticky subjects sometimes make a mess :( Especially w/ my inability to phrase myself right.

Yep, I know he's joking too, but in VERY poor taste, IMO. But I agree w/ you, he's just very friendly, and I guess people think if you're that friendly you must have something up your sleeve. (shrugs)

From me:
On a personal note (being I'm not a premium member so I can't send private messages)
:
I would like to stay in touch with you U2Kitten and Moonlit_Angel, as well as anyone else who wants to stay in touch with me hehe :) I know it's taking it too seriously and too far, but to be honest I'm taking a hiatus from this site for awhile due to personal reasons. I love Bono and U2's music, don't get me wrong (in fact I'm quite obsessive in some respects, I know you all know how that is hehe! ;). And some might would call it naive by me saying this, but... I just come here to have fun and enjoy the music and the boys -- not to talk about their personal love lives and speculation, because I know it's none of my business and if it was it'd be made more public. I guess I just have an old fashioned view, hehe. :) But I'd rather have more pics threads as well as fun facts and political views, etc, than talk of their personal lives. It's just my preference tho. I mean no disrespect with my decision to anyone here. Please who would like to keep in touch w/ me, write me at: bonofiedu2@comcast.net.

Thanks! Cya for now. :)

Last edited:
Aw thanks for understanding everyone! I agree, Kelly. The mods do a good job of closing the thread. Sometimes tho I kinda wish they'd moderate the post before it even gets to the forum. I'll be in touch shortly. :)

Bonofied U said:
Thanks, Angela! I'm relieved noone is flaming me for my words, however I didn't think anyone would. But sticky subjects sometimes make a mess :( Especially w/ my inability to phrase myself right.

No problem. :).

Originally posted by Bonofied U
Yep, I know he's joking too, but in VERY poor taste, IMO. But I agree w/ you, he's just very friendly, and I guess people think if you're that friendly you must have something up your sleeve. (shrugs)

Exactly.

Kinda sad that people jump to conclusions so quickly, isn't it?

Originally posted by Bonofied U
From me:
On a personal note (being I'm not a premium member so I can't send private messages)
:
I would like to stay in touch with you U2Kitten and Moonlit_Angel, as well as anyone else who wants to stay in touch with me hehe :) I know it's taking it too seriously and too far, but to be honest I'm taking a hiatus from this site for awhile due to personal reasons. I love Bono and U2's music, don't get me wrong (in fact I'm quite obsessive in some respects, I know you all know how that is hehe! ;). And some might would call it naive by me saying this, but... I just come here to have fun and enjoy the music and the boys -- not to talk about their personal love lives and speculation, because I know it's none of my business and if it was it'd be made more public. I guess I just have an old fashioned view, hehe. :) But I'd rather have more pics threads as well as fun facts and political views, etc, than talk of their personal lives. It's just my preference tho. I mean no disrespect with my decision to anyone here. Please who would like to keep in touch w/ me, write me at: bonofiedu2@comcast.net.

Thanks! Cya for now. :) [/B]

I'd love to stay in touch with you! I'll e-mail you soon, okay? :).

And I totally know what you mean about discussing their love lives like that. It's absolutely none of my business. If they want us to know about something involving their lives, they'll let us know. Ali and Bono deserve to keep that part of their lives as private as they possibly can.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

I'd love to stay in touch with you! I'll e-mail you soon, okay? :).

And I totally know what you mean about discussing their love lives like that. It's absolutely none of my business. If they want us to know about something involving their lives, they'll let us know. Ali and Bono deserve to keep that part of their lives as private as they possibly can.

Yeah, people should remember that old saying, "To assume makes a "a**" out of you and me." (Bleeped in case the forum moderators are not happy w/ what I typed) LOL. I definitely agree. If they don't say it, it's none of our business and their private lives deserve the same respect we have. For them to be private.

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon! Thanks for the support! Off to take my break. :) But I'll check this thread for a lil bit only.

Bonofied U said:

Bono sometimes reminds me of a big puppy; very friendly, huggable, kisses everyone. :cute: And some people can't tell the difference between that kind of friendly affection and actual lust and castigate him for it. Sad, but true.

He's not going to cheat on Ali. He's got a good thing with her, she's his soulmate, his sanity check, and he's not stupid. That, and she'd neuter him if he ever had an affair. :macdevil:

As far as his looking for acceptance, I can understand that. That does make sense

Back
Top Bottom