Bono on Denton Interview - new pics!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Few pics, lots of bickering. :slant: :sigh: Wasn't expecting to run into it here as this is one of the few threads I've recently read without having to go there due to a reported post. Though there probably should have been a few by now.

Thanks for those of you that posted pictures.

Hope all goes well with your mom Edgette. :)

Edgette said:

First off, I never specifically stated that YOU were drooling.

Secondly, WHY am I touchy about this? Oh, I don't know. Perhaps it's because my Mom is battling cancer right now and I am sensitive about all of it. She's been going through treatments for about a year now and it's difficult for myself and my family. I can't even imagine what Edge and his have been going through. Edge and U2 mean an awful lot to me. More than I can even put into words. This subject has really hit home with me. That's why I'm touchy. So forgive me.

I don't care what U2 think about what we say. You certainly seem to though. What's with all the smileys hugging Bono and saying that you love him? Do you think he reads your posts? Do you think Bono, and the rest of U2, have time to read Interference? I doubt it. I'm only saying that people all over this silly little message board have been taking this issue too lightly or selfishly. And there are times to drool over the band and there are times not to. This is probably one of the times not to.

And I do have bigger issues to be concerned about. So should you.

well maybe you should consider that people ARE concerned about the band. But we at least try to be a bit positive here... that we don't talk about it 24/7 does NOT mean we don't think about it, and that we don't care... just try to be positive at least!
And who cares about what they think about what we say? because, they don't know us, we don't know them... but is it wrong to express your love for them then?
Maybe you are the one taking this issue to seriously. don't forget, it's THEIR issue, and they chose to be private about it. It's good that you care for them, as we all do, but even tho you have issues with it yourself, just don't overreact so badly!
I've had two grandfathers dying of cancer and my uncle is having it atm, so I know how difficult it can be, but that's not a reason for me to aim my anger at other people!
Can't we at least try to be nice to each other here?
Peace!

Galeongirl said:

well maybe you should consider that people ARE concerned about the band. But we at least try to be a bit positive here... that we don't talk about it 24/7 does NOT mean we don't think about it, and that we don't care... just try to be positive at least!
And who cares about what they think about what we say? because, they don't know us, we don't know them... but is it wrong to express your love for them then?
Maybe you are the one taking this issue to seriously. don't forget, it's THEIR issue, and they chose to be private about it. It's good that you care for them, as we all do, but even tho you have issues with it yourself, just don't overreact so badly!
I've had two grandfathers dying of cancer and my uncle is having it atm, so I know how difficult it can be, but that's not a reason for me to aim my anger at other people!
Can't we at least try to be nice to each other here?
Peace!

I don't want to keep carrying this out, but, I believe that you're misreading my posts. Did I ever say that people weren't concerned?

The rest of this comment just doesn't make any logical sense whatsoever. You obviously have missed my point and are attacking me for something you're projecting onto me, not for something that I said. I love this band. Expressing love is one thing, being insensitive is the issue.

I'm done with this issue. Back to the drooling, please.

Oh, and sorry to hear about your family.

P.S. I'm not projecting any anger towards anyone due to my own personal issue. I only mentioned that because she asked why I was so touchy about this. I'm projecting anger because some of these posts have sickened me.

Last edited:
ok sorry that I misundestood you then...
yea some posts here are sickening me aswell, I kinda had enough of all the fights around here now.. why can't we all be on this site in peace? it seems that it's more discussions and fights than a nice and happy place now....

neutral said:

No, you're not. It's buried in a Gen Tour thread.

http://download.you sendit.com/7ECCAB96473D132E

ahh thank you so much! The transcript sounded pretty funny.. hmm it's an .a vi*why's that word edited out here?* .. I hope my pc isn't going to be weird with it... thanks alot anywayz for uploading it and directing me!

maybe one of you can help me here.. I tried to play the interview, but again, the sound is normal, but the video plays in slow-motion! this happens to all avi files I have! what am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it??

his voice sounds deeper than usual :)

Last edited:
too many late nights, smoking, screaming at the top of his lungs and talking 24/7 has done that to his voice! :p but still, i lovvvvveeee the man's voice! bono, sing me a lullaby to sleep, please? :evil:

Galeongirl said:
maybe one of you can help me here.. I tried to play the interview, but again, the sound is normal, but the video plays in slow-motion! this happens to all avi files I have! what am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it??

his voice sounds deeper than usual :)

The computer's processor is probably not fast enough, or maybe not enough RAM. I can't play avi's in Quicktime on my laptop (4 years old, works flawlessly for everything else). The audio is fine, but the video is choppy. Sometimes my Windows Media Player does it as well but if I close everything and end any running processes that don't need to be running, WMP will work.

yeah I think that aswell... I have a pentium 2... with windows ME(aka windows crap) so that's not helping either..
I tried quicktime, but it goes that it misses software to show it :blahblah: and it won't play it... I gues my pc is too full or so.. even tho I only use around 6 Gig of the 24, and my parents and sister don't even use 1 gig..

I really need a new pc!

newpic06.jpg

I agree with whom-ever said that he is looking like conspiricy of hope Bono!!!...Bono+feathered hair=:drool: :up:

Galeongirl said:
yeah I think that aswell... I have a pentium 2... with windows ME(aka windows crap) so that's not helping either..
I tried quicktime, but it goes that it misses software to show it :blahblah: and it won't play it... I gues my pc is too full or so.. even tho I only use around 6 Gig of the 24, and my parents and sister don't even use 1 gig..

I really need a new pc!

It has nothing to do with how much is stored on the hard drive. There are three types of computer memory - the hard drive space, the RAM, and the cache. When the computer has to access info from the hard drive, it's very slow, so instead it puts it in RAM, or the cache, which is even faster, but smaller. So, you may not have enough RAM. However, a lot of people make the mistake of assuming that installing tons more RAM solves all the problems. It helps to a certain extent, but RAM aslo has speeds and older computers can handle RAM above PC100 or 133. Also, if you've got a slower processor, even if you COULD install tons of fast RAM, once the processor is maxed out, you're done. So you could have a computer with 1GB of RAM and a 2.6+ gHz processor with an entirely full hard drive and it will run flawlessly. Or, you can have a computer with 256MB RAM and a 1.5 or less gHz processor with an empty hard drive and not be able to play videos. Make sense?

Galeongirl said:
you're smart :p
ok so the solution is, throw pc out of window and get a new one... :wink:

Yep. Windows ME is just the icing on the cake. Worst operating system ever released. Honey, you'd be better off downgrading to Win98!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Yep. Windows ME is just the icing on the cake. Worst operating system ever released. Honey, you'd be better off downgrading to Win98!

can you tell that to my partents????? I can get windows 2000, but they refuse to change! I mean, I can't even get new songs on my ipod on this pc... I had to transfer my old mp3player at a friends~! and all sorts of programs only work on 2000 and XP... not on ME.. *uchegoogleearthcough*

In those pictures he looks as if he just climbed the Sydney harbor Bridge. My husband was in Sydney at the same time as Bono and his family,and said he saw a picture of Bono and his kids climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge. Maybe that is way his hair looks wind blown!!!!

It has nothing to do with how much is stored on the hard drive. There are three types of computer memory - the hard drive space, the RAM, and the cache. When the computer has to access info from the hard drive, it's very slow, so instead it puts it in RAM, or the cache, which is even faster, but smaller. So, you may not have enough RAM. However, a lot of people make the mistake of assuming that installing tons more RAM solves all the problems. It helps to a certain extent, but RAM aslo has speeds and older computers can handle RAM above PC100 or 133. Also, if you've got a slower processor, even if you COULD install tons of fast RAM, once the processor is maxed out, you're done. So you could have a computer with 1GB of RAM and a 2.6+ gHz processor with an entirely full hard drive and it will run flawlessly. Or, you can have a computer with 256MB RAM and a 1.5 or less gHz processor with an empty hard drive and not be able to play videos. Make sense?

:drool:

Hidy said:
In those pictures he looks as if he just climbed the Sydney harbor Bridge. My husband was in Sydney at the same time as Bono and his family,and said he saw a picture of Bono and his kids climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge. Maybe that is way his hair looks wind blown!!!!

Slight OT, but that sounds like a really fun family outing and a cool thing to do, going up on the bridge :).

My. Fiery.
Bono has fluffy hair. Got a whole lion mane thng happening there.
And - yes, he is flashing his moob at someone. Ahem.

Edgette said:

And there are times to drool over the band and there are times not to. This is probably one of the times not to.

And I do have bigger issues to be concerned about. So should you.
[/QUOTE

I guess next time I will come to you before I post to make sure it is o.k.

I am impatiently waiting for their Vista OS to come out.

Jamila said:

I have NEVER said anything about any specific family member of U2's - in fact, last week when the statement came out about the postponement of the Vertigo tour, I was one of the first to state that we shouldn't mention any member in particular when talking about this issue.

But in the last week, it's fairly apparent that it's probably not Bono's family member - otherwise I hardly doubt he would be vacationing in Australia with his family and doing interviews with the Australian/NZ media.

So it must be another member of U2 that is affected by this tragedy.

I'm sorry to say, LivLuv - YOU brought up the issue of the little girl, I haven't.

THAT speculation adds to the problem here - it doesn't clear it up.

If you're going to flame me, please keep your flaming to what I've actually said, and not to what you wished I would have said.

I thank you very much in advance. :laugh:

:applaud: Good for you Jamila! I don't see why you were singled out at all... You're not the one who named the "unknown" family member... It seems like some people are just trying to start drama with you...

^^I had to do a double take to make sure he wasn't playing with a hand puppet.:wink:

ultravioletluvv said:

:applaud: Good for you Jamila! I don't see why you were singled out at all... You're not the one who named the "unknown" family member... It seems like some people are just trying to start drama with you...

My dear, that's been going on for two years now here which is very unfortunate.

It's the very same people who post in this forum over and over again about U2 and how much they mean in their lives and then these same people go out and try to start all sort of gossip and slander and complete negativity - all IN THE NAME OF LOVE! :ohmy:

How hypocritical, how disgusting and how antithetical to all that U2 stands for to do this - not just once but over and over and over again for two years!

And then they want to go in front of Bono's face at a concert and appear all sweet and innocent!

It would actually be comical if it wasn't so DISRESPECTFUL OF U2 AND ALL THAT THEY STAND FOR! :eyebrow:

You are correct - people just like to start drama either because their lives are empty or because they actually are resentful of others who they know are walking In the Name of Love when they don't.

Either which way, ultimately Life has a way of bringing us all to justice for the good and bad things that we do in life.

I have nothing to fear. I would encourage those here who still have a good heart and open mind to refrain from walking in the path of the jealous and resentful.

Walking down that path will not draw U2 closer to you - once they pick up on your hypocrisy, they will withdraw from you. :yes:

Choose how you want to live your life - walking in Love and Positivity for others as U2 would like us all to do, or walking in Negativity and Spite for others as U2 abhors.

I have always and will always choose the first.

All I did was reprint the Denton interview and asked folks to cut Bono some slack on his looks right now.

That should not have warranted anyone's negativity.

I wish you all well. I have no need to revisit this thread.
:wave:

Back
Top Bottom