Bono on Denton Interview - new pics!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jamila said:

How would you look if your best friend had a family member very sick?

Cut him some slack. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I'm not trying to single you out, but this post is just an example of many. We still don't know who is sick with what. Of course, Sian is the most logical assumption, but it could be Bono's wife, or one of Larry's kids, or Adam's brother, etc, etc. We don't know. OK, well maybe I will single this one out for just a sec - for all your posts about doing what Bono truly wants and COEXISTing or whatever, maybe we SHOULD take his lead and leave this topic alone. Obviously it's very painful and very personal and we don't have any right to assume it's any specific family member of anyone because we just don't know and U2 has made it clear through their ambiguity and inaction that it's none of our biznaz.

I don't have problems with people drooling over Bono or disliking his hair or whatever, even considering the circumstances I feel there IS genuine concern outside of this droolfest, but I think comments like the above quoted, being posted all over this forum, are a bit out of line at this point.

As for the interview, I think Bono looks like he has been looking over the past few weeks, no better, no worse. If he were my hubby, I'd cut his hair while he sleeps, but other than that he's looking mighty fine. So far I've only seen a clip, but I have the entire thing downloaded at work and can't wait to burn it to a disc :drool: I'm refraining from reading the transcript (thanks Jamila for posting it!) until I can watch it first.

I think Bono looks wonderful considering all that's happening around him.

How would you look if your best friend had a family member very sick?

Cut him some slack.

There was absolutely NO disrespect meant toward Bono in any of the comments that were made here in this thread, mine included. We were simply remarking that he looks tired and stressed, all of us full well aware of what the past tour let alone week has been to all of the band and crew. It wasn't really fair to come back with the cut him some slack remark, it's certainly not a time to say things like that when all of U2's fan base is emotionally charged. :hug: There's room for everyone and everyone's opinions here.

JCOSTER said:

Sorry I thought you were one of the lucky ones who danced with Bono.

They were said altogether, printed out and sent out, so that maybe one day Edge will read them and know how some of the fans cared and worried about his family. And in my church we have a prayer request to pray for everyone on the list. I thought it might be a good idea here.

Question, do you ever say the way you feel about this band or Bono. If you don't like those type of threads why do you interject?

I posted pictures of the girl from Toronto 1, if that's what you were thinking.

That's a lovely gesture. If he gets it, and if he finds time to read it, I'm sure he'll be touched.

Yes, I do. I said he looked tired and windblown in this thread. If you're asking if I ever lust after members of U2? Yes I do. You don't hear about it because I use Instant Messanger programs. Can you elaborate on the last part of the question? I'm not quite sure I understand.

Carek1230 said:

There was absolutely NO disrespect meant toward Bono in any of the comments that were made here in this thread, mine included. We were simply remarking that he looks tired and stressed, all of us full well aware of what the past tour let alone week has been to all of the band and crew. It wasn't really fair to come back with the cut him some slack remark, it's certainly not a time to say things like that when all of U2's fan base is emotionally charged. :hug: There's room for everyone and everyone's opinions here.

I agree. Even without the whole postponement issue, he's been touring for a year straight. That alone would be enough to wear him down. I think he needs, as well as deserves, a week-long nap!

I have noticed that sometimes in the drool threads you say things and leave, why don't you join us in the threads, come on over to our side, Souly com'mon come over to the other side :wink:

My MSN is in my sig, you can feel free to drop me a line and we'll chat about pictures if you'd like. :wink:

And for the record, I was a part of that 'other side' for a while. :wink:

Last edited:
U2TRINITY said:
can someone please post the link to download the
interview ?

neutral did a YSI and posted the link in the General Tour thread. It's a 350MB download though. You can also torrent it.

Yeah I saw it Ikkin, it was really good, I love it when he tries to impersonate people :lol:. Is it just me or did he stutter a little?

Edgette said:

Please forgive us for for having a different point of view oh great Jamila.

Yes, I'm touchy about this. I don't know if drooling over Bono while he's talking about such a sensitive issue is necessarily appropriate.

:edge: :heart: :heart: :hug:

WE'RE ONE BUT WE'RE NOT THE SAME

I would hardly consider my comments "drooling" over Bono after reading most of the comments posted in PLEBA about Bono and the other guys.

I think you stated the truth - YOU'RE touchy about this subject.

The question is : WHY?

Why don't we all just let all the members of U2 be who they are and stop thinking that our opinions of them (especially about their personal appearance) should have any meaning in their lives?

I'm sure U2 have bigger issues to be concerned about.

So should we.

:yes:

Bono's Betty said:
Thanks jamila for the whole interview. :)

Back to the hair thing. I would cut him some slack but he has had his hair long the whole tour so i don't think it has to do with stress. I guess he likes it long. Just not my favorite Bono look.

Thanks, Bonos Betty, you're very welcomed.

Nice to find people with manners. :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I'm not trying to single you out, but this post is just an example of many. We still don't know who is sick with what. Of course, Sian is the most logical assumption, but it could be Bono's wife, or one of Larry's kids, or Adam's brother, etc, etc. We don't know. OK, well maybe I will single this one out for just a sec - for all your posts about doing what Bono truly wants and COEXISTing or whatever, maybe we SHOULD take his lead and leave this topic alone. Obviously it's very painful and very personal and we don't have any right to assume it's any specific family member of anyone because we just don't know and U2 has made it clear through their ambiguity and inaction that it's none of our biznaz.

I don't have problems with people drooling over Bono or disliking his hair or whatever, even considering the circumstances I feel there IS genuine concern outside of this droolfest, but I think comments like the above quoted, being posted all over this forum, are a bit out of line at this point.

As for the interview, I think Bono looks like he has been looking over the past few weeks, no better, no worse. If he were my hubby, I'd cut his hair while he sleeps, but other than that he's looking mighty fine. So far I've only seen a clip, but I have the entire thing downloaded at work and can't wait to burn it to a disc :drool: I'm refraining from reading the transcript (thanks Jamila for posting it!) until I can watch it first.

I have NEVER said anything about any specific family member of U2's - in fact, last week when the statement came out about the postponement of the Vertigo tour, I was one of the first to state that we shouldn't mention any member in particular when talking about this issue.

But in the last week, it's fairly apparent that it's probably not Bono's family member - otherwise I hardly doubt he would be vacationing in Australia with his family and doing interviews with the Australian/NZ media.

So it must be another member of U2 that is affected by this tragedy.

I'm sorry to say, LivLuv - YOU brought up the issue of the little girl, I haven't.

THAT speculation adds to the problem here - it doesn't clear it up.

If you're going to flame me, please keep your flaming to what I've actually said, and not to what you wished I would have said.

I thank you very much in advance. :laugh:

Carek1230 said:

Karen, I never mentioned you in my comments so it surprises me that you took my simple comment to cut Bono some slack so personally.:huh:

I was simply making a simple comment, but I'm seeing more and more that that can't be done without people over-reacting.

What a shame for people who say that they believe in Co-ExisT.

And LivLuv, I acknowledge your appreciation of the posting of the interview. :wink:

kellyahern said:
28316fa5.jpg

cfdd6edf.jpg

9e6ec8d9.jpg

aaca4389.jpg

I love Bono sitting in restaurant pictures.

Jamila said:

I would hardly consider my comments "drooling" over Bono after reading most of the comments posted in PLEBA about Bono and the other guys.

Why don't we all just let all the members of U2 be who they are and stop thinking that our opinions of them (especially about their personal appearance) should have any meaning in their lives?

So should we.

Do you have any idea how contradicting you are?

Thank you very much for the interview, I have been very stressed worrying about the band's situation, praying they can all be strong through this. I hope I'm not being nosy, but every little bit of information I can read helps ME to cope. Unfortunately, the band is all I can think about.

Last edited:
Bono's Betty said:

Didn't he once say in some interview, I think it was the pop days, he was sitting in the back of a car he said something like - " the one thing I would like to say to these old rock stars is cut your f**king hair"

Please Bono, please.

This photo
Image0313-2141TV23.jpg

looks a lot like this photo from a year ago in Dublin.
bono-missfantasias4.jpg

Definitely rough Bono, but we understand it's stressful times. Try to relax. Worrying doesn't help. All your fans will worry for you, okay??

Jamila, thanks alot of the transcript!!! It sounded really funny... especially Bush envying Bono's shades.. :giggle: yea right!
He does look very tired.. hope everything will be better soon!

and for god's sake, will you people stop fighting each other over the lamest things??

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

neutral did a YSI and posted the link in the General Tour thread. It's a 350MB download though. You can also torrent it.

would you mind to link me here? I can't find it in the Vertigo audio/video thread and neither in the music on the internet part.. :huh: am I being blind??

Jamila said:

So should we.

First off, I never specifically stated that YOU were drooling.

Secondly, WHY am I touchy about this? Oh, I don't know. Perhaps it's because my Mom is battling cancer right now and I am sensitive about all of it. She's been going through treatments for about a year now and it's difficult for myself and my family. I can't even imagine what Edge and his have been going through. Edge and U2 mean an awful lot to me. More than I can even put into words. This subject has really hit home with me. That's why I'm touchy. So forgive me.

I don't care what U2 think about what we say. You certainly seem to though. What's with all the smileys hugging Bono and saying that you love him? Do you think he reads your posts? Do you think Bono, and the rest of U2, have time to read Interference? I doubt it. I'm only saying that people all over this silly little message board have been taking this issue too lightly or selfishly. And there are times to drool over the band and there are times not to. This is probably one of the times not to.

And I do have bigger issues to be concerned about. So should you.

Back
Top Bottom