bono on CSPAN tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to dash anyone's hopes, but because of Reagan's passing (may he RIP), I doubt they will actaully show it.

Yup, it seems they are showing Reagan's last speech instead. Figures, I got excited about watching CSPAN once in my life and got the rug pulled out from under me. Bummer!:sad: :madspit:

I'm actually glad they didn't air it, as I would have missed it. I checked CSPAN'S website, and it doesn't say anything on when they are going to air it or if they are even going to air it just yet.

Anyone know if I'll be able to see this in Australia? If not, hopefully I'll be able to get it on VCD/DVD sometime ...

Axver said:
If not, hopefully I'll be able to get it on VCD/DVD sometime ...

Yeah, does anyone have TIVO? If only I wasn't a broke student...

I would love to have a VCD/DVD of Bono's speeches in Canada, or Harvard, or...just about anything. The people who obsessively put interviews and concerts on mpg and dvd don't seem to care about Bono's speeches and things. In fact, they are the ones whining most vocally about him not recording the album, so they don't bother taping it. I feel so alone in the bootleg trading world sometimes... "sigh"

So I'm thinking about saving up money to buy a video converter for my computer so I can make a Bono-themed dvd for those of us who enjoy this stuff. I'll need a lot of help gathering the VHS sources of course, so I'll let PLEBA know if this ever happens. It all depends on how much time I can scrounge up in the coming months. If you like the idea, let me know so I can consider it more seriously...My computer can handle it, it just takes a lot of time and patience.

drealynn42 said:
I would love to have a VCD/DVD of Bono's speeches in Canada, or Harvard, or...just about anything. The people who obsessively put interviews and concerts on mpg and dvd don't seem to care about Bono's speeches and things.

It's such a pain, isn't it? I love listening to Bono's speeches, especially after hearing a bootleg from 1982 (?) where he says he's not very good at speeches! I have this small 'problem' with quoting Bono, so imagine what I'd be like with a collection of DVDs of his speeches! Hehe. He's always got such wonderful and right things to say, too.

So I'm thinking about saving up money to buy a video converter for my computer so I can make a Bono-themed dvd for those of us who enjoy this stuff. I'll need a lot of help gathering the VHS sources of course, so I'll let PLEBA know if this ever happens. It all depends on how much time I can scrounge up in the coming months. If you like the idea, let me know so I can consider it more seriously...My computer can handle it, it just takes a lot of time and patience.

I would absolutely love it if you could do something like that! If there's any way I can help (which there probably isn't because I'm technologically useless and have no tapes to contribute), just let me know.

Awesome! I'm feeling inspired to make this dvd now. I have to go out of town this week, but I'll seriously start looking into this stuff when I get back. I already know a bit about it, I just don't own the equipment yet. I'll need to organize a way to get the VHS sources through the mail. For example, someone must have taped the CSPAN broadcast of Bono's Harvard speech. My cable decided to go on the fritz that day, but someone else must have been sitting by the vcr too. And hopefully some Canadians taped his recent tv appearances in Toronto and Ottawa. I recently figured out how to convert real video and windows media to mpg, so I might (?!) be able to convert the Kaiser Family Foundation and UPENN videos. When I get this figured out, I'll start a thread where we can brainstorm some ideas and find what's available.

That's great! It would be amazing if you could do a DVD such as this, and I bet some people here have sources for a lot of stuff. How would you plan on getting this DVD out if you do make it? There's been some great stuff bit torrented lately. In any case, I'll be looking forward to seeing how this all progresses.

Back
Top Bottom