Bono on Cspan 2 Now!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2bonogirrl

Babyface
Don't know if u know but they are showing the world economic forum now. I think they said its gonna be on at 1:40 am again (est)!
Bono looks soo good!

so i read this post, jump out of my chair, and smack right into my closed bedroom door. bam! then i remember my parents are sleeping and putting on the tv would be harmful to my health. (my father is a very light sleeper.) so, i can't go watch. but thanks for the info!

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

They turned him off!
mad.gif
right in the middle of is sentence! I hate to say it but that was so boring. He looked tired and bored himself and seemed about to fall over and go to sleep. It is an important topic, but most of those people were dull. He did get one cheer though, when he said the developed world should accept accountability.

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

[This message has been edited by Veranda (edited 01-31-2002).]

Well he was wearing light blue shades, but he just took them off. He had a black sweater on with a light greenish colored shirt sticking out. His hair looked great, i think i saw a little grey peaking through. Wow he looks soo good.
Darn they just cut it off, but it will be back on at 1:40!

Thanks Bonogirl! I won't be up then, don't know what time zone you're in but I'm in the east and I have to go to bed. My VCR timer doesn't work good could you please tape it and write us a review tommorrow?

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

I'll try but its late here too and my remote is missing so i can't record but i'll try and stay up to catch it when it comes back on and write a little something tomorrow!
From what i've seen though he is definetly the most impressive of the pannel members. He talks quite a bit and gets a ton of applause and agreement on his views! He's soo smart.......and sexy!!

Originally posted by Veranda:
They turned him off!
mad.gif
right in the middle of is sentence!

I really think this shouldn't be so surprising, I mean if you start him up he never stops. I'm sure everyone has left the building already and he's still talking. But anyway I caught the last bit, thank yoy bonogirl for the warning, and I'll be taping it when it repeats.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Isn't it weird to see hot guys on CSPAN?

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Girls who are taping: Thanks, and next time I check I wanna see VIDEO STILLS of this thing okay? *SIGH*

How do you do that anyway, what kind of device is used? It would be so cool if I could make pics of my video stuff!

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

LMAO I think y'all just dropped the average viewing age on CSPAN by quite a bit...
wink.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by paxetaurora:
Isn't it weird to see hot guys on CSPAN?

heck, i wouldn't even know what channel number CSPAN is.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

Strangely enough I was watching footage recorded off of C-span just the other night. It was Bono's Harvard speech, and what cracked me up were the little banners they'd display now and then...y'know to clue people in on what was happening.

"Bono: singer in the rock music group U2"

"Bono: musician and political activist"

biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

duh!

my caption?

Bono: one hot tamale and giver of all good things
wink.gif

Originally posted by Autumn454:

How do you do that anyway, what kind of device is used? It would be so cool if I could make pics of my video stuff!

I use a Global Village thing called Video FX. It's a little square device that plugs into your computer and your vcr. It comes with software and takes stills and videos, I've taken sound before by accident and am having trouble doing it again... I have a Mac, I don't know what they have for IBMs. I love it! I really need to break it out, I haven't for a long time. No cspan for me though, SOMEBODY SHOW ME THE SWEATER.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Well it did come back on at 1:50am last night but they had about an hr of other speakers on before so Bono only came on around 2:50. I stayed up to make sure i wasnt giving faulty info but could't stay awake to watch and my vcr was messed up. Hope some of u got it recorded and sorry i can't give those screen caps. I'm sure there will be pics on the AP wire!

I have been checking the wire, but no luck
frown.gif
SO those of you who have the equiptment don't have the show and vice versa. SIGH
frown.gif
Maybe someone will surprise us with some, I hope so.

Looks like video caps is gonna be the PLEBA technology of the near future, we'll, well some of you, will be able to make pics of anything they do!

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

I wanna see! I wanna see! But... I'm at work. I hope one of you can show the rest of us a picture...pretty please? With Bono on top?
eek.gif
I just scandalized myself!

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~

Gonna put these on this thread and the World Economic one in hopes everyone will see. If I find more I will post, if anybody else finds any please post!

wef03.jpg

wef01.jpg

wef02.jpg

U2bonogirl sorry you had to stay up so late and not get any video. Thanks for trying for us.

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Thanks for the pics Stormy, glad everyone will get to see them. Thats the first and probably the last time i'll ever stay up late to watch Cspan!! haha

If you didn't watch the forum last night, and wish you did well here's a link to the real video of the what got broadcasted on C-span. I watched the whole thing and was very intrigued. If you want to skip the introductions and go to straight to the panel, well it's about an hour later.

http://video.c-span.org:8080/ramgen/odrive/wef013102_opening.rm

Cheers

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Back
Top Bottom