Bono on CNN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chels82

Refugee
on CNN this morning they did a whole segment on Bono going to Africa. apparently, they will be broadcasting live from Africa every day he is there! May 20 - 30, kids. don't know about you but i'll be watching a lot of news!

------------------
xoxo,
chelsea

i'm looking through your window
i'm walking through your doorway
i'm on the outside, let me in....let me love you.

Originally posted by chels82:
on CNN this morning they did a whole segment on Bono going to Africa. apparently, they will be broadcasting live from Africa every day he is there! May 20 - 30, kids. don't know about you but i'll be watching a lot of news!

awesome thanks!!

------------------
To drink it slow I can't let you go

*U2 Take Me Higher*

Yes! Bono Bonanaza time! Lots of stuff to tape and I'm sure there will be loads of pics on Reuters to post here!
biggrin.gif

*sorry, I was typing my story while yours was coming up so I didn't know until I posted- hey great minds think alike!
wink.gif

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Too bad I my seminar on missionary work was like 2 months ago. If Bono travelled THEN I could have taped it all and brought it in to bore my Religion class. *sigh* He'll probably wear shorts....

but seriously I think it's really good they're showing this bc a lot of ppl think Bono's fake or some kind of joke with regard to the helping of the poor ppl and whatnot. This'll learn 'em good.

~*MonaVox of Easy Street*~

Many singletons suffer from the debilitating illness known as unrequited love. You meet someone and are convinced he is the man you've been seeking since you gave up on Patrick Swayze in 1988. Unfortunately, said guy doesn't share the feeling. How do you handle this wrenching and potentially awkward situation? The answer can be summarized with the following mantra: "If at first you don't succeed, keep on stalking 'til you DO succeed." Wait outside his house every morning. Strap yourself to the undercarraige of his Honda so you can travel to and from work together. Always stay within three feet of him. And pretty soon, he'll gaze at you ans say, "Hey, you're pretty cute for a raging psycho."

I saw the story too, as I was getting ready for work.

Okay, I can't believe that Daryn chick from CNN gets to ride on the plane with Bono and travel with him!! I guess there is going to be a planeload of press people with them.

She seemed pretty excited to me, and smart too. That other blonde reporter was jealous I think and the guy anchor was like, "so are you going to tell us if Bono snores?"

Daryn is going to keep a log of her trip starting Sunday or Monday and post it on cnn.com!

*programs CNN to tape nonstop for next 10 days*
smile.gif

they didn't really give a time when it would be on. but you know how CNN is, they never play anything at the right times anyways. also, CNN always replays everything....so we can't miss it!

------------------
xoxo,
chelsea

i'm looking through your window
i'm walking through your doorway
i'm on the outside, let me in....let me love you.

Now the whole world will see our Bono, cool! I can't wait to see all this coverage!

About the shorts, I don't think so! I read in another story they were going to have to cover up really good, long pants, long sleeves- to protect themselves from Malaria carrying mosquitoes and probably teetsee flies too.

[This message has been edited by SamanthaPuff (edited 05-17-2002).]

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
I'm sure I will find a way.

Ditto. I have missed so many things. Does anyone remember the One Dollar Diary? It was replayed probably 50 times and I missed them ALL.
redface.gif
redface.gif

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

He's there now so be on the lookout for stories and pics and please post!
smile.gif

------------------
~"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy,
I don't mind, think they're crazy
running everywhere at such a speed
'til they find, there's no need!
Please don't spoil my day,
I'm miles away,
and after all, I'm only sleeping!"~
John Lennon

Back
Top Bottom