Bono on ABC Nightly News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Just saw our B on ABC being interviewed about the $$ pledged by Pres. Bush today. Not exactly what he was hoping for (less pledged than asked for), but Bono was pleased w/the $1 billion to fight malaria & the $400 million for education.

Anyone else catch the interview? And how 'bout the hoodie he was wearing? :up: :D (Hey - it wouldn't be PLEBA if we didn't at least MENTION his looks!!) :lol:

that's really funny, my 8 year old told me that Bono was on the news tonight but I seriously didn't believe him, my kids think it's funny to tell me about fictitious u2 sigtings, lol. I guess he was right, Bono really was on the news, lol!
And to think I was napping and missed it....

Well, that was a short interview.

abcworldnews_01.jpg

abcworldnews_02.jpg

abcworldnews_03.jpg

abcworldnews_04.jpg

abcworldnews_05.jpg

love2bmama said:
that's really funny, my 8 year old told me that Bono was on the news tonight but I seriously didn't believe him, my kids think it's funny to tell me about fictitious u2 sigtings, lol. I guess he was right, Bono really was on the news, lol!
And to think I was napping and missed it....

:lol:

That interviewer looks weird.

Bono's looking really healthy! He looks rested too. I hope so, at least. That man is... everywhere. But he needs to take it easy for a change. But, I think its cool though. Not many people go out of their way to do what he does and do it for REAL, GENUINE reasons. I'm glad he's getting his point across. NOW.. if we could only get him to convince (somehow, with that Bono charm) Mr. Bush that this war is bullshit..and to get us out of Iraq. I think if nayone CAN do it.. Bono would be the one. He seems to have a way...

I dig the blue glasses, too. I want some like that. They should sell this shit on U2.com! lol.

I remember back in the early 90s, I'd try looking like Bono did as The Fly. But I failed miserably. Only he can do it. I can't pull it off. I just looked like an idiot. Its funny, how he could just put those Fly glasses on.. and a whole other persona came out.. all around. Even his whole face would seem different. He was literally "transformed" into the character.

I might have an old pic laying around somewhere here of when I was with my friend and we went out dressed up like Edge and Bono during the Fly era, but like I said, we failed miserably.. but it is funny thinking back to it. If I find it, I'll scan and post them on here.

But I bet "walkontheedge" aka "i love throwing my cds into trashcans" would print it out and then throw it into the trashcan just for the hell of it.

sorry, i had to do it. :wink:

Bono is everywhere at the moment,he need's a rest,he might get a few day's at home before the band's big saturday,by the way there playing in vienna that night,but i know oasis are playin in manchester that night,but will they give time during the day,No they wont and i'm going to see noel and the brother,thank fuck a mate bought it for cristhmas.Why can't they play during the day,their only playin manchester,u2 have to go to vienna and their still playin

claytons edge said:
Bono is everywhere at the moment,he need's a rest,he might get a few day's at home before the band's big saturday,by the way there playing in vienna that night,but i know oasis are playin in manchester that night,but will they give time during the day,No they wont and i'm going to see noel and the brother,thank fuck a mate bought it for cristhmas.Why can't they play during the day,their only playin manchester,u2 have to go to vienna and their still playin

Yeah, well.. what can ya do.

Are you going to Live 8 at all where you are?

I think Bono needs a good YEAR off.. to rest with his family. No studio, no politics... just ... for himself and the family. Then, later on when he returns to it... will have a new fresh perspective and for god sake, let his poor back rest some.

Know what I like? I really enjoying reading most of the replies here at Interference but the one thing that really gives me a headache is run-on sentences that get posted from time to time and I hate that more than anything 'cuz when I get a headache it's just so uncomfortable and sometimes it almost makes me sick to my stomach which is really worse than the headache 'cuz at least I can take some over-the-counter medication as long as it's not too powerful and the headache will get better but there's not much you can do when you're nauseous except drink a little Pepto if you can keep that down & hope for the best. Speaking of best, don't you think Bono looks best when he's wearing dark colors and light sunglasses, although I'd really prefer he not wear the glasses at all 'cuz he's got such gorgeous eyes and we never get to see them.

:giggle:

NO OFFENSE intended to anyone!!! :no: I'm just full of piss & vinegar tonight & couldn't resist the chance to be a smart ass!! It's actually kind of cute when you can read someone's post & literally get a feel for just how excited/hyped up they are about something... kind of like a little window into another Interferencer's mind. :D :wink:

BluRmGrl said:
Know what I like? I really enjoying reading most of the replies here at Interference but the one thing that really gives me a headache is run-on sentences that get posted from time to time and I hate that more than anything 'cuz when I get a headache it's just so uncomfortable and sometimes it almost makes me sick to my stomach which is really worse than the headache 'cuz at least I can take some over-the-counter medication as long as it's not too powerful and the headache will get better but there's not much you can do when you're nauseous except drink a little Pepto if you can keep that down & hope for the best. Speaking of best, don't you think Bono looks best when he's wearing dark colors and light sunglasses, although I'd really prefer he not wear the glasses at all 'cuz he's got such gorgeous eyes and we never get to see them.

:giggle:

NO OFFENSE intended to anyone!!! :no: I'm just full of piss & vinegar tonight & couldn't resist the chance to be a smart ass!! It's actually kind of cute when you can read someone's post & literally get a feel for just how excited/hyped up they are about something... kind of like a little window into another Interferencer's mind. :D :wink:

LOL!!!

MattFromNYC said:
I think Bono needs a good YEAR off.. to rest with his family. No studio, no politics... just ... for himself and the family. Then, later on when he returns to it... will have a new fresh perspective and for god sake, let his poor back rest some.

Ain't gonna happen. As Edge has said, Bono does not have an "off" switch. He never stops.

biff said:

Ain't gonna happen. As Edge has said, Bono does not have an "off" switch. He never stops.

an "off switch" lol. i love that one.

how the hell does he keep going, man? damn. if only i could borrow some of that energy. :huh: actually.. he probably has enough to energize half the US population. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom