Bono nominated...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~BrightestStar~ said:
Again? He's so awesome! :heart:

I heard that earlier today--but was he nominated once before?? That would be sooo amazing to see him win!

Actually, Bono has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize several times before.

Hopefully, this time he will win it. He is contributing "the greatest benefit on mankind" more than anyone else that I know of who hasn't already won the Prize.

For a bit more info on Bono and the Nobel Peace Prize, check out an article I did almost two years ago on this subject:

http://forum.interference.com/t81688.html

Quietly, and with less fanfare, Bill Gates is one of the world's greatest philanthropists. Not discounting Bono's contributions, and not even mentioning that Gates will end-up leaving 99% of his wealth to a myriad of humanitarian causes, but Gates deserves as much props as anyone.

Yeah, a big :up: and congratulations to everybody who's nominated for this prize. Thanks to you guys for your generosity, your time, your patience, and your caring nature.

That's really cool that Bono's being nominated again...he certainly has done his fair share to be included in the nominations, that's for sure.

Angela

Wonderful article, Jamila! Thank you for sharing it with us.

I am very happy for Bono. I know he does not do his work for awards and recognition. But getting nominated will bring his name to the forefront, and more people will hear about the work he does, and hopefully some of those people will decide to get involved, too.

I personally think it's a matter of when, not if. While there are a number of worthy people nominated this year, I sure would love it if they gave it to Bono.

I am so proud of Bono that he has been nominated yet again - I agree that it's not a case of if, but when! :yes:

He definitely deserves to win it&i shall be whooping with delight when he does! Go, Bono! :up: :bono:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Hey nothin agaisnt Gates...props too him too. But part of what makes Bono's contributions so important is the attention he brings to these causes. :heart:

Cheers to all those who make this world a better place! :up:

Hi!

Bono should win . . . . :heart: :heart: beat as one . . .

carol
wizard2c

There's speculation that the Pope won't win because it's believed that the Nobel Committee doesn't like his moral views, his views on birth control in particular. If Bono can't win this year I'd like it to be Vaclav Havel, I think he's amazing, and he's been nominated about a gazillion times.

Back
Top Bottom