Bono - New York City Fashion Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Val said:
I don't think anyone should ever go near Bono's home in NYC. Just the thought of someone hanging around waiting for him freaks me out.

:yes: me too. It smacks of Mark Chapman, even if someone went there just hoping to see him and didn't mean any harm, it still seems like crossing a line.

Info on the scarf, it was featured at the first launch for Edun at Saks on a model. I asked someone from Edun about it, she said it was made just for the show and not for sale - maybe they will rethink that! I love it on Bono!

She looks great

capt-39.jpg

love2bmama said:

:yes: me too. It smacks of Mark Chapman, even if someone went there just hoping to see him and didn't mean any harm, it still seems like crossing a line.

Just imagine being him, with people waiting outside, I wouldn't want to scare him or think of anyone else making him extremely nervous about leaving his own house.

Bono's Doll said:
At least you New Yorkers have a chance of seeing him--he would never have a reason to come to my home town. (Knoxville, TN.) :sad: :sad:

Don't be so certain - I thought the same thing about my town (Wilmington, NC) until I read an article in the local paper yesterday. Apparently, our little regional airport is a very popular spot for the 'jet set' - folks who own/rent private jets & need to refuel or pass through Customs after returning to the States from the Carribbean, Bermuda, etc. ILM (Wilmington International Airport :rolleyes: ) is one of the few small airports on the East Coast that has a Customs office. Anyway, the point of the article was just how many actors, singers, sports stars, etc. have passed right through here without anyone but Wilmington Customs people knowing. And guess who was at the top of their list?.... You got it - Bono. :banghead: So close, yet so far - the story of my life. :huh: :lol:

And now back to our NYC Fashion Show thread, already in progress. :reject:

Thank you so much for the photos, they are very cute.
I was wondering about the scarf as well.
Would be great if it had poetry printed on it.
What poetry is usually printed on Edun clothes?

Maybe this is the special Bono edition of the scarf with his lyrics printed on it.
He should wear it at every concert from now on to make sure he never forgets his lyrics again. :giggle:

Thanks for the posting the photos people :D

Bono is looking good. Hes so cute
:drool:

Ali is looking beautiful in the photos :)

bonocomet said:
I just noticed he's not wearing an earing there.
Uh oh, remember the hilarious thread we had last time Bono went without earrings? :lol:

And it does look as though his hair is growing... that could cause quite a stir around here :shifty: Of course, that doesn't mean he's letting it grow, he could just be overdue for another appointment with the clippers :wink:

love2bmama said:

oy the irony.. being that his apt is right next to The Dakota where Lennon was shot by MC.. :ohmy:

thanks so much for the photos. I don't know what's Bono's secret but he does look great and I do like him with is hair short, and Ali is beautiful as always.

Yikes, that's a bit freaky how close his apartment is to the Dakota.

Sunny8

U2Fanatic4ever said:

oy the irony.. being that his apt is right next to The Dakota where Lennon was shot by MC.. :ohmy:

yeah, I figured it was close by there somewhere. I have to say, if I ever went to NYC, I'd love to see the building where B's apartment is, it's just that hanging around outside waiting for him seems kind of intrusive to me.

love2bmama said:

yeah, I figured it was close by there somewhere. I have to say, if I ever went to NYC, I'd love to see the building where B's apartment is, it's just that hanging around outside waiting for him seems kind of intrusive to me.

I totally agree with ya. When I was NYC a while back I took pics of B's apt building but i did it from across the street. I definitely didn't want to intrude whether he was there or not.

His building is in the movie "A Night at the Museum" everytime they showed a NY skyline it showed that view. I was like Hey thats Bonos building and my kids were :rolleyes:

love2bmama said:

I totally agree. ok, confession time, when I was in NYC last year I did walk down the sidewalk just to check out the area and see the building, but I didn't even stop, I just kept walking. I felt guilty for just doing that.

Jeannieco said:

I totally agree. ok, confession time, when I was in NYC last year I did walk down the sidewalk just to check out the area and see the building, but I didn't even stop, I just kept walking. I felt guilty for just doing that.

Don't feel guilty...I would like to see the area but not camp out outside. Thats just crazy. :wink:

JCOSTER said:

Don't feel guilty...I would like to see the area but not camp out outside. Thats just crazy. :wink:

Ya, camping is crazy. I would feel weird approaching him in a non-work related situation anyway. You know like seeing him at a resturant or something like that. But at a concert or book signing or other public event, that's different! :)

Val said:
I don't think anyone should ever go near Bono's home in NYC. Just the thought of someone hanging around waiting for him freaks me out.

It freaks me out too. Out of respect for him, I'd do my drooling from across the street. :evil: discreet like, (that is until all the passers by began to slip up in my puddle of drool:lol: ) I'd never get in his face even though I'd dearly love to chat w/him. And if I saw him stuffing his face somewhere, I think I'd have to leave because I couldn't trust my wandering eyes. It must be awful knowing everyone is looking at you when you're trying to do something 'normal' like eating out.

'Course, he could always come over and eat at my place...:drool:

Babydoll said:

That he bought for $2.5 million.....
That's a steal from what I hear about New York prices. I live in San Francisco Bay area and that's the going rate for an average place in the City!! Sick isn't it!!!

one4u2 said:

Its more like $14 million
I was going to say!! when I read in the old thread that Steve Jobs was selling it for 26 million or so, I thought that sounds more like it. 2.5 mil would not get you that cool of a place!

JCOSTER said:
His building is in the movie "A Night at the Museum" everytime they showed a NY skyline it showed that view. I was like Hey thats Bonos building and my kids were :rolleyes:
I would say something like that oo and my 17 year old would do the exact same thing!!!

europop2005 said:
did he bust his arm again?

No, he always walks like that, using one hand to hold his jacket shut and make sure nobody sees a tummy bulge;) It's an insecure move like the tugging of the Bonosleeves.

U2Kitten said:

No, he always walks like that, using one hand to hold his jacket shut and make sure nobody sees a tummy bulge;) It's an insecure move like the tugging of the Bonosleeves.

well, I've seen him doing that since Pop, and he didn't have much of a tummy bulge there...

Galeongirl said:

well, I've seen him doing that since Pop, and he didn't have much of a tummy bulge there...

Actually, I was watching The Unforgettable Fire video the other day, and in one scene he walks up some stairs and onto the stage doing exactly the same thing! I laughed.

Back
Top Bottom