Bono, Michael English, Pat Boone, Amy Grant soon to be published

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
AN UNPRECEDENTED number of books by Christian musicians are being published in the US in 2007.

Thomas Nelson are publishing On The Move by Bono, a small book by U2's lead singer which includes the full text of a speech the activist gave at the 2006 National Prayer Breakfast in Washington DC. In the speech Bono reflected on his own faith, discussed justice and equality and encouraged Americans to work together on behalf of those Jesus called "the least of these."

Thomas Nelson is also publishing the life story of Michael English, the one time CCM star who returned multiple Dove Awards after the revelation in 1994 that he was having an illicit affair with First Call's Marabeth Jordan. Now back on the music scene and often appearing on Gaither's Homecoming Friends videos, Michael English tells his story in The Prodigal Comes Home.

In autumn of 2007 Random House will be publishing the book The River Runs Wide, a collection of reflections on the life and faith of CCM star Amy Grant. On November 1st, B&H Publishing Group will be publishing the autobiographical and highly pictorial book Pat Boone's America: 50 Years.

onthemove-1.jpg

I started a thread about this book "On the Move" in the Every Artist is a Cannibal forum, in OCTOBER. Proof, if we ever needed any, that Chizip is right: Almost no one ever goes into that forum.

biff said:
I started a thread about this book "On the Move" in the Every Artist is a Cannibal forum, in OCTOBER. Proof, if we ever needed any, that Chizip is right: Almost no one ever goes into that forum.

I go in that forum sometimes. But you are right. I missed your thread. :(

biff said:

:lmao:

And the fact that I´m a bit of a spacer doesn´t help.. ;)

blueeyedgirl said:
I'd never thought I'd see the names Bono, Pat Boone and Amy Grant in the same sentence.

May I never see that again :sick:

Hey, Amy is cool. Her music is not of U2's calabur or even in the same realm of the universe, but she's a great person, she's not judgemental at all.
Pat Boone , that's another story. I agree with you there. :)

blueeyedgirl said:
Hey she may not be judgemental, but I am! No Amy or Pat!!!! :no:

I understand where you are coming from....
Linking U2 to CCM music in any way takes away from their coolness factor doesn't it? I totally agree there. It's kinda funny though because most of their music is heavily influenced by Bono's Christianity, even if it's not blatant. I love that though about U2, the message is there if you want it.
(And...Amy's still a great person, wherever she lands on the coolness meter.)

:)

Jeannieco said:

Linking U2 to CCM music in any way takes away from their coolness factor doesn't it?
:)
I have no problem with that. I hate "coolness". I hate the word and I hate the juvenile concept. It takes much more strength and courage NOT to try to be cool.
I think Bono's faith, as is anybody's faith, is a very substantial part of his personality, and he has never been scared to express it. You may agree or not agree with it, be a believer or not, but I have always admired that about U2.

last unicorn said:

I have no problem with that. I hate "coolness". I hate the word and I hate the juvenile concept. It takes much more strength and courage NOT to try to be cool.
I think Bono's faith, as is anybody's faith, is a very substantial part of his personality, and he has never been scared to express it. You may agree or not agree with it, be a believer or not, but I have always admired that about U2.

Oh, that's not what I meant! By "coolness" I mean, the strut and pose that comes with rock n roll. CCM does not have that strut, you know what I mean? Use a different adjective, if you like but they are totally different, and I think U2 even purposely avoided being pigoned holed into that category when they first started out because they wanted a universal appeal and did not want to be put in a box with a TIGHT lid on it. :)
As a believer I connect with Bono and the band mostly for the lyrical meaning and faith factor plus the awesome music. There something incredibly authentic to me when someone like Bono is totally honest, faults and all and is willing to take those pies in the face! Like he says, he has no shame! Even when he is messing with our minds, he is being true as an artist.
I am not saying all CCM is untrue or dishonest, it's just not something I would call cool. I used to be a huge Amy fan back in the day when she forged a path to blending a more contemporary sound to "Christian" music. That was cool and interesting to me. She was crucified at the time by conservatives for doing that... which was just ridiculous.
Back on topic, Bono is the most honest artist of our time nobody like him on the planet! How cool is that? :wink: :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom