Bono meeting fans outside San Jose now (4-9). Met Arun and others. Plzpostpicsstories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Just got off the cell phone w Arun-halfrockstar.
Bono just spoke with Arun and signed his
"Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own CD"
outside the venue prior to SJ1

Arun explained that he just lost his dad less than a year ago, and that the song helped him deal with their relationship.

As Bono listened he took Arun's hand and said-
"It's a stinker but we get thru it"..

Arun was very moved as I'm sure most of us are.

God bless you Arun.
If there are other fans there w stories and pics please post them.

db9

Last edited:
That's great. He was hoping Bono would remember him from the time he was on stage with them during Elevation.

Mark Freedman said:
That's great. He was hoping Bono would remember him from the time he was on stage with them during Elevation.

Mark,
What's incredible is that Bono didn't recognize Arun, and Arun didnt prompt or attempt to remind Bono of their encounter in Hamilton.

It was a total random moment for both gentlemen.

Sometimes I think Bono gives up on rememembering each and every single previous fan encounter.

Maybe Arun can offer his view on this.:)

db9

I still can't believe how lucky i was ... and that I am actually now able to post in the band meetings area! lol

San Jose 1 is my first ever U2 concert:rockon: ... I have been a U2 fan for about 15 years now.. but due to different reasons I have never been abe to see them live (god i wish i could have been at the zootv tour!).
Anyways.. I was so excited.. i could hardly drive to the venue ..then my friend and I waited by the gates to try and meet the band.
First off let me say... everyone that I met over there are so freaking nice and I loved hearing your stories! I even meet a girl that has been to 42 shows!:ohmy:

:side note: I saw you walk by Sicy , and I wanted to introduce myself but I couldn't leave that spot! :

As we were waiting the crowd told me that the band was in the venue doing soundcheck but then we saw Bonos bodyguard come out.. then a short while after.. Bono! He went to the side across from where I was and went down the whole line signing autographs and chatting ... then he came to my side and I started to get really nervous and started to shake.

I always told myself that I would play it cool if I ever met a band member ... but I just couldn't believe that this is really happening and that I was about to meet this person that I have been listening to for so long. :hyper:

I didn't have anything for him to autograph.. I didn't really want one.. I just wanted the chance to meet him ..... so when he was done with the girl next to me.. he came to me, and the girl pushed me towards him because she knew I was nervous ( thank you!). He was looking at me and I was shy but I manged to ask him for a hug and he smiled and said of course! He gave me a hug and rubbed my back.. and I said thanks.. he said thank you and then "that's a cool shirt." (I was wearing a flogging molly t-shirt)

It was a quick moment but it was great.. i'll never forget it... did this really happen to me?? lol

Sorry this was so long but I'm on cloud 9 right now and I want to type this so I will never forget it. :hyper:

:more side notes...
- While Bono was signing autographs the a black van was leaving the building and all of the sudden we hear " Daddy! Daddy!" :heart: The window rolled down and it was little John sitting on Ali's lap yelling for him! Bono stopped signing for a moment and went to the van ... John showed him his Buzz lightyear toy and Ali had a huge smile. His other girls were peaking through the window too.

- When he was crosing over to my side there was a van pulling out (I can't remember if it was the one with Ali and kids or another.. I think the one with Ali).. Bono slowed down in front of the van and then started to drag his leg on the ground like he is limping to make the van sit there and wait. It was pretty funny but unfourtunatly I don't have any pics of that moment.

- I have pictures of Bono that I will share soon (can somebody help me post them?)
BUT... if anybody has a picture me+bono+hug please let me know! That picture did not come out on my camera :( I have short brown hair , wearing a black shirt , and I was on the side near the main road.

Last edited:
Ok..hopefully this will work...

This is the only picture I have of my hug! lol If anyone has a picture of it please let me know! Thanks :wink:
bonojesshug.jpg

Bono first coming out ...
sanjose1.jpg

Coming to my side...
sanjose2.jpg

He really does look amazing :drool:... I don't think they stayed for the show because the car was leaving.. but I could be wrong! Here's a pic of Bono at the car... I know some people don't like pics with the kids .. but this one you can only see Ali.
sanjose8.jpg

Thank you for the congrats! :D

Last edited:
awww!!! that whole story is just so *sweet*... congratulations on your hug!!! :)

and the story of little john is so very endearing... :love:

Mark Freedman said:

Mark,

I really decided that I wanted to use the moment as a time to thank him for putting his feelings for his father down into words and song, something that aided me greatly in the past year.
I wanted the single to be signed because it's been so special to me this year

I actually was hoping to steer clear of the elevation memory as I had a specific cause in mind ...gratitude.

I'm just glad I was able to tell him what he did for me I also felt it was important because, in light of a lot of things that have gone down with fans and tickets and people complaining... I just wanted to put everything aside and say " thank you for the music"

Arun,

Thank you so much for being such a great fan. You did exactly what I hope to do one day. Last month I lost my best friend. I don't think your ever ready to loose someone you love. Its been the hardest time in my life, but that song has really helped me remember that I'm not alone in my pain and also all the great things my friend did for me. I would love a moment with Bono to tell him from my heart thanks for the many years of music that has helped me thru many hard times. Heck, now if it never happens at least I know that other fans have let him now how much we appreciate the song.

Hugs,
Russty Cat

Arun V said:

I just wanted to put everything aside and say " thank you for the music"

:up: that's what it comes down to, in the end. i am sorry for your loss, but i am glad that you were able to tell bono how his words and music helped you get through. :heart:

if i ever get to meet the man, i want to thank him for providing the soundtrack to my life...

diamond said:

very eloquent.:)

db9

thanks, D! :) it's the truth... there are cetain U2 songs that will always reminds me of the major events in my life. :heart:

congratulations again, to those who met/will meet the band in san jose! and good luck!

Congratulations on your fantastic hug! :yes: :cool: :D :hyper:

And Bono looks :drool: in those pix!!

Awww that is so :cute: about John shouting daddy!

bonomofo...great pictures, Of course i saw them last night when you showed my friend and I (she was from Texas), but they look better on the computer. Great story. Thrilled for you that you got to meet him, and glad you guys had such a good time last night!!

Colleen

Back
Top Bottom