Bono @ Latinamerican VMA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Girls! His presentation has to be one of the best ever! He spoke in Spanish all the time and looked fecking gorgeous!This video was the opener for the ceremony.

He was wearing a dark jacket and t-shirt, sunglasses and a hat similar to the one he has in the "New day" video.

I'll post some pics as soon as I find them. :D

What?? really, and my sister told me to watch the show but i almost never watch mtv anymore. thanks, i'll check it out.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Girls! His presentation has to be one of the best ever! He spoke in Spanish all the time and looked fecking gorgeous!This video was the opener for the ceremony.

He was wearing a dark jacket and t-shirt, sunglasses and a hat similar to the one he has in the "New day" video.

You had me at spanish. :drool:

BonoFox1 said:
Have you guys ever heard Bono recite Mothers of the disappeared in spanish???? I'ts so gooooood!...his pronouciation is great! only word he mis pronounced is lluvia (rain) he pronounced it "luvia"..close enoungh but he sounds soooo sexy!
:drool:

:yes:

I think I must've listened to the mp3 ten times a day when I first downloaded it.

LostAtMoon said:
Bono speaking spanish?:ohmy:

^^Ditto! :ohmy:

:hmm: He needs to learn some Scandinavian languages too - "Tack for at ni ventad i 5 år" and "Det er varmt, men vi er cool" is not enough for this next tour... and I'll be more that happy to teach him! :wink:

According to the article about this in Yahoo:

"The VMALA will air on MTV U.S. on Saturday, October 30th at 11:00 p.m. PT/ET and the show will also be made available to MTV's 44 channels around the world throughout November."

I hope this is correct.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

:ohmy:

OK, I didn´t undartasnd some parts of the dialogue but here it goes:

Señoras y señores...... (don´t know what he said)
estrellas del rock and roll a magos del pop (<--- I´m sure this isn´t exactly what he said but sounds like that)
bandas en vivo y sin red y la lengua más grande del planeta bienvenidos a los video muscic awardws Latin america dos mil uno, dos tres catorce.

I´ll try to translate
Ladyes and genttlemen .....> (don´t know what he said ) rock and roll stars to pop wizards

Bands playing live and without net
and the biggest tongue in the world **(the award has the shape of a tongue)**.
Welcome to the VMALA 200 1,2,3,14.

He was wearing a dark brown jacket, shades and a hat like new days... (like Niamh said). It was made in the place where they did vertigo (TOTP) at the back ground it shows a little moon that you can apreciate in Vertigo TOTP near to Larry, and the closing of the dialogue was some guitars from vertigo.

He totaly looks like a sexy punk rock circus presenter , it was amazing :drool: And I have a thing with accents You know ---> :drool: :drool: It was like a dream come true but it´s clear he wants to aply some bongolese to Spanish :lmao:

I haven´t found pics on the net. :rant:

P.S If there are more latins around would be good to check out what he really said and most important, my traduction :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom